Fulham vs Derby County match day thread

DEL

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get it wide take on the full back put across in -Fulham about 30 times Derby maybe twice , we stole a point against a team out off sorts with big players out , we performed for twenty minutes , but we're still just outside the playoffs with January fast approaching I just hope we can bring in some much needed pace !

On the basis of the game, it's a good point. Fulham were much better than us and you can see why their season hasn't been all that successful so far, they lack a real striker.

We were very poor for 4/5 of that game, but I don't understand how we can go from being so slow and bereft of confidence, to looking extremely dangerous, then back to the former again so quickly. Special mention to our full backs tonight. We defended well as a whole, but Forsyth and Baird did a brilliant job in my opinion. They faced some extremely pacey opponents in Sessegnon and Fredericks yet they did a good job in dealing with it. Baird's back post header earnt us a point in the end as it was a certain header from around 4 yards out for their player.

A lot about the performance to question again, but we need to try and concentrate on getting that performance from 45-60ish minutes to extend for a longer period of the match.

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Good side are Fulham. Seriously lacking a proper striker though.

Play offs last season.

Some decent Plapers.

On our front, i think credit to Chris Baird and the defense and Lawrence and vydra for the goal. Apart from that pretty rubbish.

Fulham very unlucky with the penalty, the replay clearly shows Lawrence foul him.

Well we do never beat Fulham away tbf so I suppose a draw is the best we can hope for...

But overall that was a pretty appalling performance yet again, most of the game was no improvement on the reading game which was a worry since rowett said we were going to improve on what we did poorly on in that game. What was even more bizzare is we actually started to do the right things for 20 minutes, then we took off vydra for Martin and fell to clueless hoofball again! Don’t understand it, I really don’t.

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I've just about had enough of it,it's just about the polar opposite of the derby I love to watch or even listen to.

Don't know if I can bear to listen to the post match b******* from gr.

Derby have probably played about 4 seasons worth of attractive footy in the last 15 seasons...

3 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

I wouldn't exactly say a good point, rather a lucky point.Fulham were miles better imo.

Just overall a very subpar, turgid performance  by the Rams.

Wouldn't call it turgid, the game was fine, Fulham held possession well. We had a bad first half, but I think the start of the second half we looked very good. I think this is a little extreme, considering the little amount of chances Fulham actually created.

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I've just about had enough of it,it's just about the polar opposite of the derby I love to watch or even listen to.

Don't know if I can bear to listen to the post match b******* from gr.

Outside playoffs on GD with a game in hand in November, wouldn't have thought that though by some reactions. The football isn't good, it can be dire at some points, but we are still picking up points. What is the crap that will come out of GR's mouth? That he's not happy with the overall performance yet? He isn't blind, he sees the same stuff as us and i'm sure if we could play like Barcelona we would. If you cant bear bad football, how have you survived watching derby for the past 15 years? 

Decent point away from home, not a good performance but a point nonetheless. Unbeaten in 5 away, still set up nicely for the season,lets go win the game on Tuesday. COYR

2 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Outside playoffs on GD with a game in hand in November, wouldn't have thought that though by some reactions. The football isn't good, it can be dire at some points, but we are still picking up points. What is the crap that will come out of GR's mouth? That he's not happy with the overall performance yet? He isn't blind, he sees the same stuff as us and i'm sure if we could play like Barcelona we would. If you cant bear bad football, how have you survived watching derby for the past 15 years? 

Decent point away from home, not a good performance but a point nonetheless. Unbearen in 5 away, still set up nicely for the season,lets go win the game on Tuesday. COYR

Because he talk the talk yet again,how he isn't happy,how things have to change.

And then do nothing about it for the next game....

I can only imagine that some are happy with how we are performing...well good for you.

COYR

Hard to see what we have been doing throughout the international break to put Reading behind us

Credit to Baird for stepping in and delivering that performance

Little fluidity for most of the match

why is Keough better at running with the ball than Russell?

Didn’t see Nugent/Martin as second choice pairing

Fulham would have murdered us with a Winnall type in the box

Will Anya ever get in the match day squad again? 

Archived