Fulham vs Derby County match day thread

DEL

52 minutes ago, archied said:

My martin obsession ????? 

Go back over the topic and you will clearly see that I am replying to the martin obsession of yourself ,it gets really boring reading the constant martin must start,,martin must come on at half time stuff ,, forget goals for a minute and tell me whether we held on to the ball better when martin came on ,,,,no we didn't ,,, I quite like martin but can't help but respond to posts that are based on fantasy ,, you don't see me posting that martin must not start but all I ever read from you is martin must start ,, ok we have played some good stuff over the last few years with martin in the side but for gods sake take the blinkers off and take a fresh look because we've have also played some really poor stuff with him in the team ,

happy to talk football with you all day if it's balanced but if it's all built on martin must start or were only playing poorly because martin is not in the side then that's just silly ,

i have no martin obsession ,I'm merely challenging yours

God you mr happy arnt you we are unbeaten again and by the way he held up the play brought others into play. Tom huddlestone lost the ball more than anyone.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Lol so why did you ask?

I was trying to put into perspective the hysteria around the Tom Ince sale and make the point any team can have a bad day and boy did Huddersfield have a bad day at Bournemouth’s 10 men for all the second half. 

2 hours ago, curtains said:

The U23s would have been smashed by Fulham. 

You are bordering on the ridiculous 

You continually invent views that our fans or some of them are supposed to hold.

The comment you reacted to was about style and entertainment with no claim in sight the U23s would have beaten Fulham. Likewise no one has indicated they feel we have a divine right to  to beat teams like Fulham.

The most pertinent question about the game, which has been absent from all the comments I have seen from you, was why our team only turned up after 45 minutes? And not for the first time this season. That first half display was embarrassing and we benefited greatly from Fulhams's lack of a decent striker to lead the line, so they did not get the goals their build up play could have delivered.

No idea how the game was portrayed on Sky or Radio Derby, but leaving the match I wasn't feeling negative. Felt like a decent away point. Nothing more, nothing less.

There are a lot of things I find frustrating this season. I don't enjoy watching Johnson on the ball, the lack of movement is often apparent, I don't like the gaping hole between Vydra and the holding midfielders... but despite all of that, we're getting decent results.

I find some of the comments on here a bit extreme, but I'm not surprised by them. That's modern football for you. Your manager is either the best thing since sliced bread or he's the wrong man for the job. You're either building a squad or a decent side is being ripped apart. Either 'something special' is happening at your club or you're a 'complete' laughing stock.

It's early doors but I get the sense this isn't going to be a season I'll be telling my grand kids about, but that's not enough to get me jumping on Rowett's throat. Seems odd that we're getting a bit shirty with each other on this thread when we're so far from the slough of despond. 

38 minutes ago, Duracell said:

No idea how the game was portrayed on Sky or Radio Derby, but leaving the match I wasn't feeling negative. Felt like a decent away point. Nothing more, nothing less.

There are a lot of things I find frustrating this season. I don't enjoy watching Johnson on the ball, the lack of movement is often apparent, I don't like the gaping hole between Vydra and the holding midfielders... but despite all of that, we're getting decent results.

I find some of the comments on here a bit extreme, but I'm not surprised by them. That's modern football for you. Your manager is either the best thing since sliced bread or he's the wrong man for the job. You're either building a squad or a decent side is being ripped apart. Either 'something special' is happening at your club or you're a 'complete' laughing stock.

It's early doors but I get the sense this isn't going to be a season I'll be telling my grand kids about, but that's not enough to get me jumping on Rowett's throat. Seems odd that we're getting a bit shirty with each other on this thread when we're so far from the slough of despond. 

Anyone who can quote Bunyan deserves a like from me.

Thanks for this erudite injection of sanity.

However cataclysmic each result may seem it is, after all, 'only a game' and should be enjoyed as such.

Left the pub at half time thankfully, first half was absolutely terrible. 

2 weeks after a battering at home and we churn out that? Not acceptable IMO. What have we been doing?? Still waiting for some improvement, a game plan, a way of playing. It’s all a bit hit and hope with no real cohesion. 

I wouldn’t mind the average results if we actually tried to play football. A decent point in the end but it surely doesn’t have to be that hard to watch. 

Hope for better on Tuesday, again, 

7 hours ago, curtains said:

The U23s would have been smashed by Fulham. 

You are bordering on the ridiculous 

Curtains,at what point did I say the under 23's should play as our first team or against Fulham????

My point is that I enjoy watching our under 23's a lot more than the first team.

Attractive football,great attacking attitude and a good style of play.....try it,you might enjoy it too...but not before you have popped down Specsavers.

7 hours ago, curtains said:

How many Football teams were poor today probably most of them who didn’t win .

You have no divine right to beat Fulham  Away. 

We don't have a divine right to beat Fulham away but I don't think it is unreasonable to expect Derby to have some sort of game plan. I was at the corresponding fixture last season and it is obvious that Fredericks is Fulham's out man, i.e he is their attacking threat yet nothing was done to neutralise him.

In the first half Derby were pedestrian and lacked purpose. From the game last season it was clear that Fulham use the width of the pitch and play a high line. yet it took half an hour for us to exploit this.

Again it was predictable that Fulham would keep pressing for a win towards the ends leaving themselves exposed at the back. Yet the substitution of Chris Martin (a player with little pace) was never going to exploit the space Fulham leave behind the defence.

Fulham's game plan hasn't changed for 12 months yet our tactics were dour ,pedestrian and defensive. Little was done to exploit Fulham's weaknesses.

14 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

We don't have a divine right to beat Fulham away but I don't think it is unreasonable to expect Derby to have some sort of game plan. I was at the corresponding fixture last season and it is obvious that Fredericks is Fulham's out man, i.e he is their attacking threat yet nothing was done to neutralise him.

In the first half Derby were pedestrian and lacked purpose. From the game last season it was clear that Fulham use the width of the pitch and play a high line. yet it took half an hour for us to exploit this.

Again it was predictable that Fulham would keep pressing for a win towards the ends leaving themselves exposed at the back. Yet the substitution of Chris Martin (a player with little pace) was never going to exploit the space Fulham leave behind the defence.

Fulham's game plan hasn't changed for 12 months yet our tactics were dour ,pedestrian and defensive. Little was done to exploit Fulham's weaknesses.

The substitutions didn’t work because:-

We didn’t have a LM option to replace Johnson who can defend

We suddenly started lumping the ball in the air towards the forwards 

The trio of Weimann, Martin and Russell would never be used to start a match

I  thought in general we defended well which was good after Reading. Special praise for Baird who was excellent.

Ledley was a rock in midfield and those criticising Huddlestone remember only his poor passes. The ball he played to Nugent should have produced a goal. As a striker you should convert a free run on goal with a 5 yard start.

My biggest concern would be why we keep starting so slowly. I know that with basically a back six we are set up to play on the break but the front four need to be busier and demand the ball more. There’s too much walking for my liking. It puts pressure on the passer and we end up with the ‘to me, to you’ approach.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Curtains,at what point did I say the under 23's should play as our first team or against Fulham????

My point is that I enjoy watching our under 23's a lot more than the first team.

Attractive football,great attacking attitude and a good style of play.....try it,you might enjoy it too...but not before you have popped down Specsavers.

I'm not good at researching stats and the like so perhaps some kind person may be interested enough to do it so we can debate this under 23 s point as I've seen that they are better to watch ( not a bad thing ) and that means that dazza is ready to step into rowett s shoes ( not exact words but that's what is being suggested)

heres the stat question s

1. How many under 23 s managers have been sacked from their jobs over say the last 3 years in the prem, championship and div 1 for poor results?

2 how many first team managers have been sacked using same criterion as above 

3 what is the average attendance at under 23 games over the divisions compared to first team? 

You see I'm willing to bet it's a bit similar to hitting balls on the golf range or putts on the practise green , much easier and more fun and be much more open to try things and produce good stuff away from the pressured environment of having to produce where it really matters ? 

By all means enjoy watching the under 23 s play and seeing youngsters progress but do me a favour and don't equate it to the demands of the first team ,,again that's just fantasy 

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm not happy with some of GR's decisions, I'd have loved to see someone like Ledley with Hughes and Bryson in front of him energetically linking with the forwards, keeping possession for more than 2 seconds. Tom H does look more and more like a poor signing.

So far, a bit frustrating but its work in progress.

However, i'm not really sure what fans expected this season? It was always going to be a transitional period for me. I never once thought we'd be playing succulent football and tearing up the league. Its GR's first season and as long as we finish the season playing a bit better stuff than we've started with then i'll be happy. 

There was always a lot to put right after the Clement/Pearson signings and the disjointed squad he inherited. GR deserves next season to see what he can do imo.

I don't expect to win every game. I do expect us to compete every game and make it very hard for teams to beat us. 

We are in a fantastic position to make a tweak or two in the transfer window and have a go at the play offs in the new year. If we make it, its a fantastic bonus, if not, Gary should have something like the squad he wants going into next season.

Patience chaps.

But that is my point...which part is not yet finished by GR? The midfield? Is TH just a stop-gap £2m signing? Lawrence? The defence? Who will be replaced? Or up front maybe...let's see Nugent to be replaced? Or Vydra? 

We look and sound like an old car with a dodgy carburettor. We start sluggisly, misfire and go nowhere for 45 minutes. Then suddenly we pick up, and run pretty well for 15 minutes, then we die away again and limp on 3 cylinders. No real desire, no pattern, just kick n rush school playground football. But hey! "we got a point" is the chorus and we haven't won there in the League since 1969. Well whoppee s***!

I don't get it; another game where we clung by our finger tips from the bedroom window for 45 minutes, then its a quick "wham bam thank you ma'am" then we're hanging by our fingertips again. It's not pretty, it's not entertaining, and it's only effective due to the opposition being unable to hit a cow's arse with a banjo. 

8 hours ago, Saity said:

It's not all about transfer windows ...its about our style ..we have enough good players to go to Fulham who are currently in bad form and play better than we did today ...the performance against Reading was abysmal and could've been 6 or 7 ...I personally think if you surrender possession so easily as we do at times you are asking for trouble ...I preferred it when we were dominating teams and don't think our points total at end of season will be any better for this style of play  ...we are not Burton or Birmingham ...

Absolutely.

Watch back the 90 minutes on DCFCTV and see how many times we relinquished possession like Fulham were taking candy off a baby. Remember the documentary of Cloughie senior training the Rams back in 1971 when all you see are his Adidas-clad white trainers and his voice booms out "Ohhh It's crap!". Well as I watched the game, that GIF was playing in my brain. We get possession in our half, one kick and it's Fulham back in possession...

"Gary Rowett's side were outplayed for long periods of the first half, with Carson superbly palming Ayite's header away before Norwood's opener.

They briefly improved after the break, but failed to carve out another clear sight of goal after Vydra's equaliser."

- Source: BBC

Fulham have played 17, and won 4 games and are 10 places below Derby. Yet played us off the park. 

Still, it's nearly Christmas. 

6 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

You continually invent views that our fans or some of them are supposed to hold.

The comment you reacted to was about style and entertainment with no claim in sight the U23s would have beaten Fulham. Likewise no one has indicated they feel we have a divine right to  to beat teams like Fulham.

The most pertinent question about the game, which has been absent from all the comments I have seen from you, was why our team only turned up after 45 minutes? And not for the first time this season. That first half display was embarrassing and we benefited greatly from Fulhams's lack of a decent striker to lead the line, so they did not get the goals their build up play could have delivered.

Embarrassing did you go red. 

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

"Gary Rowett's side were outplayed for long periods of the first half, with Carson superbly palming Ayite's header away before Norwood's opener.

They briefly improved after the break, but failed to carve out another clear sight of goal after Vydra's equaliser."

- Source: BBC

Fulham have played 17, and won 4 games and are 10 places below Derby. Yet played us off the park. 

Still, it's nearly Christmas. 

Hahaha ho ho ho ho 

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

You are totally misguided about our U23s they are not playing how you say they are and one 5-1 win doesn’t mean anything in the big scheme of things at DCFC and you need to get some perspective 

Bet you couldn’t even tell me who plays RB most games for them .

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

So why did we get our best result at Fulham for a few years then .  

Archived