Fulham vs Derby County match day thread

DEL

It isn't great to watch and I will never be a fan of letting the opposition have the ball, but I maintain this team is a longer term project that will have to evolve.  Picking up points like this on the road at least provides a platform on which we can build.  

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Do you remember  fans on here saying get rid of all the players last season as they weren’t good enough well Rowett has done well with these Derby players. .

I dont like sitting back like we do...simple ...Fulham are not in great form and have no punch up front ...good job really ...I believe we could've taken all 3 points today had we not sat back so much we were good for 15 mins and most fans sitting near me were saying the same ...I only say what I personally see and to be honest it's not good most of the time ...my opinion 

Just now, Saity said:

I dont like sitting back like we do...simple ...Fulham are not in great form and have no punch up front ...good job really ...I believe we could've taken all 3 points today had we not sat back so much we were good for 15 mins and most fans sitting near me were saying the same ...I only say what I personally see and to be honest it's not good most of the time ...my opinion 

Fulham had everything to play for at home after the International break and I expected a tough game .

Derby fans expect to win every away game do they ! 

Most are more realistic 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Fulham had everything to play for at home after the International break and I expected a tough game .

Derby fans expect to win every away game do they ! 

Most are more realistic 

I'm realistic mate and that was pretty crap today ...and don't get your ...everything to play for after the break??? what relevance is that to how we played?

12 minutes ago, K14 said:

Huddlestone is quality. Once we have a balanced side with more energy and pace we'll see the best of him. I also think that the players need to pick up more intelligent positions and runs. 

Hmm, when you see Tom hoof the ball from an unchallenged deep midfield position to go out for a goal kick or deep throw it's his team mates fault for not being Mr Bolt or in an offside position?

Tom is slow on the ball, can't tackle and every game ATM puts us right in it with not being able to play a simple ball when we're vulnerable... quality.

3 minutes ago, Saity said:

I'm realistic mate and that was pretty crap today ...and don't get your ...everything to play for after the break??? what relevance is that to how we played?

How many Football teams were poor today probably most of them who didn’t win .

You have no divine right to beat Fulham  Away. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Of course .

Derby  would expect to win at home just as Fulham do .

I like Fulhams style of play I think they're a better side than there position says but think we need to play better ourselves...our tempo was so much better for 15 then we dropped off again ...a point is always good away from home I know but worryingly we sit back far too much for me...I don't expect to win every away game of course not but I also won't turn a blind eye to crap performances either and think 2800 travelling fans deserved a bit more attacking ...

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

I think lots of  people will never be happy whatever Rowett does .

5 nil against Hull springs to mind  

I'm not going to bite here mate..I think the jury is still out on Rowett and today's and few other performances haven't changed my mind yet ...if you think it's good enough...good for you ??

2 minutes ago, Saity said:

I like Fulhams style of play I think they're a better side than there position says but think we need to play better ourselves...our tempo was so much better for 15 then we dropped off again ...a point is always good away from home I know but worryingly we sit back far too much for me...I don't expect to win every away game of course not but I also won't turn a blind eye to crap performances either and think 2800 travelling fans deserved a bit more attacking ...

2800 is a good turn out but we are Derby and we always take good numbers away. 

We have a poor record at Craven Cottage so a draw is a good result and Vydras goal was quality.  

Just now, Saity said:

I'm not going to bite here mate..I think the jury is still out on Rowett and today's and few other performances haven't changed my mind yet ...if you think it's good enough...good for you ??

Of course he’s good enough .

He has had one transfer window for goodness sake. 

24 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I see your Martin obsession has kicked again.....

Ten minutes max of offensive play in the second half after being absolutely dreadful for the first half obviously sits well with you.

Brazilesque?

I wouldn't describe it as heanortownesque at the minute.

Awful dour football.

The under 23's are better to watch,which is fortunate,as at least my rams TV subscription gets some use watching them....quite brazilesque actually.

It will come in handy having wassell about once rowetts been moved on.

My martin obsession ????? 

Go back over the topic and you will clearly see that I am replying to the martin obsession of yourself ,it gets really boring reading the constant martin must start,,martin must come on at half time stuff ,, forget goals for a minute and tell me whether we held on to the ball better when martin came on ,,,,no we didn't ,,, I quite like martin but can't help but respond to posts that are based on fantasy ,, you don't see me posting that martin must not start but all I ever read from you is martin must start ,, ok we have played some good stuff over the last few years with martin in the side but for gods sake take the blinkers off and take a fresh look because we've have also played some really poor stuff with him in the team ,

happy to talk football with you all day if it's balanced but if it's all built on martin must start or were only playing poorly because martin is not in the side then that's just silly ,

i have no martin obsession ,I'm merely challenging yours

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Of course he’s good enough .

He has had one transfer window for goodness sake. 

It's not all about transfer windows ...its about our style ..we have enough good players to go to Fulham who are currently in bad form and play better than we did today ...the performance against Reading was abysmal and could've been 6 or 7 ...I personally think if you surrender possession so easily as we do at times you are asking for trouble ...I preferred it when we were dominating teams and don't think our points total at end of season will be any better for this style of play  ...we are not Burton or Birmingham ...

9 minutes ago, Saity said:

It's not all about transfer windows ...its about our style ..we have enough good players to go to Fulham who are currently in bad form and play better than we did today ...the performance against Reading was abysmal and could've been 6 or 7 ...I personally think if you surrender possession so easily as we do at times you are asking for trouble ...I preferred it when we were dominating teams and don't think our points total at end of season will be any better for this style of play  ...we are not Burton or Birmingham ...

No Burton and Brum are bottom 4 

How did Tom Ince do today for Huddersfield  Away at Bournemouth ! 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I see your Martin obsession has kicked again.....

Ten minutes max of offensive play in the second half after being absolutely dreadful for the first half obviously sits well with you.

Brazilesque?

I wouldn't describe it as heanortownesque at the minute.

Awful dour football.

The under 23's are better to watch,which is fortunate,as at least my rams TV subscription gets some use watching them....quite brazilesque actually.

It will come in handy having wassell about once rowetts been moved on.

Oh the irony..

Talking about sacking a manager after 1 defeat in 9 games is ridiculous, and yes it was not perfect tonight, but the basics are already there, back 4 very good again, Keogh star man again, a good goal from Vydra, and a point at Fulham, where we never do well is a good point, and our never say die attitude is a good thing going forward, after 16 games we are where we should be, near the top 6 with a game in hand, so all you lot moaning remember the times under Gregory, Todd, Jewell and many other managers which had no positive impact at all, in time I am sure Mr Rowett will take us back to the premiership, we are a team which will get better in time, all Mr Rowett signings look promising apart from Tom Huddlestone , who I am sure will get better,  the next 3 games are 2 at home and 1 away, win 2 of them and we will be in the top 6, with the all important Christmas fixtures to come, if we are in the top 6 come new years day, I believe a good season could be unfolding in front of our eyes, so take the point from today's games and let's move on, we are on our way back.

18 minutes ago, curtains said:

No Burton and Brum are bottom 4 

How did Tom Ince do today for Huddersfield  Away at Bournemouth ! 

Huddersfields best player. 

I think they lost.

We played well for 30 mins today the rest meh. I'm starting to wonder if the Mac 1 standard will never be met again. 

16 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Huddersfields best player. 

I think they lost.

We played well for 30 mins today the rest meh. I'm starting to wonder if the Mac 1 standard will never be met again. 

Huddersfields best player I don’t think so when losin 4-0 to 10 men wow  

Archived