Derby County V Notts Forest

peachmyster

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Not going to post the tweet or lead anyone to it, it's something that could be incredibly offensive to people's family. Just thought it deserved publicly calling out if it was AngryRam, but as it's not then it doesn't really have anything to do with the forum. 

Ah go on

13 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Not going to post the tweet or lead anyone to it, it's something that could be incredibly offensive to people's family. Just thought it deserved publicly calling out if it was AngryRam, but as it's not then it doesn't really have anything to do with the forum. 

f8e3e5c8f4cf9afcb2b41e47782a7f13.jpg

Just now, Gritters said:

I still think if we had played a decent team we would have lost today.

Players that stood out for me were Davies, Russell,  Vyds and Carson. The rest had good games but these caught my eye today.

Forest were useless today. I suspect we are finding our feet and finding our way to win the games.

Well that's a great habit to get into. If Gary Rowett can instil that mentality into our away performances we might really start to motor :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

CX_LTrDWAAERSgz.jpg

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

On a note aside from football, waving plain white flags as the teams come out felt like I was surrendering :D

My gump buddy texted me that a minute before kick off. Not heard from him since.

Just like to add...

There was a rather nice moment towards the end of the match where the crowd were singing loud and there was a shot of Martin looking up at the fans with a big smile on his face on the big screen.

Don't know if anyone else noticed that but it was quite a touching moment :wub:

It was good to get the win today. Getting such an early goal definitely helped. I think we rode our luck a bit at times today and sometimes struggled to get the ball out of defense and ended up putting ourselves under pressure due to sitting deep and not having a real out ball.

Very happy for Russell deservedly getting man of the match. He looked up for the game right from the start. Put good work in defensively making several tackles and looked dangerous going forward with the ball forcing their players to foul him to halt his progress. I also feel he was unlucky with the decision when he beat their left back to the ball and the left back went down leaving him in behind. Looked like a shoulder to shoulder challenge and could've easily gotten an assist from that situation had play gone on.

Vydra and Nugent did well again too and took their chances.

It was great to see Thorne back on the pitch too.

I think Martin did well especially considering he only had 10 minutes or so. He held the ball up nicely and played some nice flicks which gave our football some needed tempo in their final third.

Overall a nice win and, although our football wasn't the best, in the East Midlands Derby you only ever really care about getting the win rather than the manner in which you get it.

But I think a better team would have punished us more so there is still work to do for us 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

What a great afternoon - have been home ages but just finished watching it all again on sky. It isn't half as scary when you know the result!

The best thing about today is that it was a team performance - I thought everyone played their part, including the crowd. Gary Rowett got it spot on tactically too, using Vydra and Nugent for their incisiveness; bringing Thorne and Martin on when we needed to consolidate. 

I'm pleased to see that the only thing we appear to be arguing about tonight on here is who deserved man of the match! For me, Sky got it about right, but I also thought Curtis Davies was immense in defence. 

COYR!

Great post, yes it was a great day today, great atmosphere to welcome the team out, players playing with there heart on there sleeve, Russell worked his arse off, Davis never gave Murphy a kick, Wisdom and Forsythe solid and two great goals from Vydra and Nugent, also great to see Thorne back, and Martin looked good when he came on, just remember the championship is not a sprint it's all about hitting form at the right time and digging out results when needed, still think we might be a centre midfielder short, but overall, I feel Mr Rowett is starting to build a good squad, and his tactics second half was spot on.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

The other of which won a game of football and went home happy, apart from you clearly...

I am happy I think the result slightly glosses over the performance.  If we play like that against half decent teams we'll be found out and have been this season. 

6 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I watched the game, yes.

Well I suggest you need to start to enjoy these moments great atmosphere and result, and players playing with there hearts, also we will not be a mid table team come the end of the season, we will be up there challengiing for the play offs, as a supporter you should look at the positives, I will have a 100 pound bet with you now, we will end up in the top half no probs, so my negative friend put your money were your mouth is? I will, lol.

Archived