Derby County V Notts Forest

peachmyster

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

It's lovely that we are unbeaten in four and we won comfortably against Forest but then you look at our upcoming fixtures and one suspects it won't be too long before the question marks loom over Rowett again.

There are bigger and more telling challenges ahead. Away trips to Leeds, Norwich, Fulham and Middlesbrough in the next six weeks and some tricky home games to negotiate too.

Personally, it'll be a while before Rowett dispels any of those doubts but King Matej is showing him how it can be done. Yet again he delivered and only 12 months ago some were writing him off?!?

Fantastic result - let's hope we build on it and show what we are truly capable of!

Another laugh-a-minute doomster poster 

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

Soon as in May I assume as season long loans usually involve a fee and no recalls. Can do without another "on second thoughts" situation 

Next season. I assume he meant. Was just a quick chat whilst lads having pics with him. He just made it clear he’s not staying in wales. 

Well that was a good day wasn't it? Just back and settled and had time to evaluate the match. Watching for the pelters but I thought we dominated. Really did, not necessarily with the ball but the match in a whole we did. We were solid at the back. I couldn't fault a single player today . Really couldn't.  Easily Russell MOTM whatever happened the other week was a god send . Keogh was superb again and so under appreciated. Brilliant day ?COYR ?

44 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not sure what you have against Lawrence, I’d suggest watching the game again and taking them rose tinted glasses off this time....

Rose tinted? For who?

Tell me what he did then? 

Just told you what I have against him!! I explained it clear as I could

Got to the stadium right as kick off happened (found somewhere to park eventually) and missed Vydra's goal because I'd just taken a leak.

Thought all of the back four were great today. Forsyth looks to be getting back to his old self and Davies and Keogh were solid.

Lawrence got better as the game went on and should have scored. Russell deserved his MotM; worked his socks off defensively and pressed the Red Dogs when it looked like we were sitting too deep.

Special mention to Carson, too. Sometimes easy to forget about the keeper but he made one or two great stops that otherwise could have changed the game.

COYR!

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Rose tinted? For who?

Tell me what he did then? 

Just told you what I have against him!! I explained it clear as I could

Well you said everything else apart from two things was pure greed, except it wasn’t, he made over 20 odd passes, did you miss them? He also had 5 shots of which 2 were on target, took several good corners and mostly looked a threat on the ball....as I said maybe worth watching it again ?

45 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Brilliant to see Bryson on the big screen and then giving him a rendition of his song, I bet that put the hairs up on his Scottish neck, once a Ram...

Just watching it back He was sitting next to Bucko as well.

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

RE Mr Brightside. It's bad enough it gets played in a graveyard slot at cheesy night clubs, even worse that it was played moments before a game in what was supposed to be an intimidating atmosphere.

Found it totally embarrassing. Sky cameras out and pundits talking about how big the game is and it's

"He lifts up her dress now"

ifjsjfjajfkqjfjwbdviogfjabcjaknsjnfbrbwhdhd

Oh dear never mind  might be something you like next week.

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

RE Mr Brightside. It's bad enough it gets played in a graveyard slot at cheesy night clubs, even worse that it was played moments before a game in what was supposed to be an intimidating atmosphere.

Found it totally embarrassing. Sky cameras out and pundits talking about how big the game is and it's

"He lifts up her dress now"

ifjsjfjajfkqjfjwbdviogfjabcjaknsjnfbrbwhdhd

Delila hasn't got the best words but it is a great football song because of the chorus.  I get why brightside works in the same event

Great day. Highlights were:

Parking at Deadman's Lane as A52 looked busy. Free club run car park with almost no traffic and 10mins walk to ground.

Amazing atmosphere pre-game and a huge noise as the game started. Kids loved the flags and the buildup certainly helped to make our incredible start.

Vydra showing why we paid so much for him. Great goal and assist for the 2nd.

Thorne coming on and still looking a class above.

Think we finished with 6 playoff starters on the field. And there was a bit of cocky passing around towards the end too. Bet Hughes wished he was still here. Bryson and Bucko still are here.

Ward getting a nice clap when he came on. He is so clearly still a Ram.

Oh and White Riot at the start of the 2nd half. Is that normal?

What a great afternoon - have been home ages but just finished watching it all again on sky. It isn't half as scary when you know the result!

The best thing about today is that it was a team performance - I thought everyone played their part, including the crowd. Gary Rowett got it spot on tactically too, using Vydra and Nugent for their incisiveness; bringing Thorne and Martin on when we needed to consolidate. 

I'm pleased to see that the only thing we appear to be arguing about tonight on here is who deserved man of the match! For me, Sky got it about right, but I also thought Curtis Davies was immense in defence. 

COYR!

Good effort all round from players, fans, manager. 

On another day Forest probably score a couple in the first half, but I thought we looked threatening every time we came forward. 

A big 4 games coming up, but it's a great way to prepare for them. 

Well done to all. 

Archived