Derby County V Notts Forest

peachmyster

2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Well I suggest you need to start to enjoy these moments great atmosphere and result, and players playing with there hearts, also we will not be a mid table team come the end of the season, we will be up there challengiing for the play offs, as a supporter you should look at the positives, I will have a 100 pound bet with you now, we will end up in the top half no probs, so my negative friend put your money were your mouth is? I will, lol.

I agree too we will be in the top half, somewhere half way between 6th place and midtable, if you had to pin me down 10th or 11th place. So your money is safe.  

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed the game, but it wasn't exactly one for the purist. I actually thought our fitness was shocking in comparison to their team. Mobility aside, they seemed to cover more ground than us and were able to find space. We just seemed static and that caused a number of issues in itself. 

That being said, Forest are a really poor side. They can pass it around and look busy as much as they lack, but fundamentally I doubt we will come across many weaker sides this season. It's all about numbers for them; possession stats and shots. The amount of actually 'good' chances they worked came to one - McKay. Saying that, I thought he showed himself up in that opportunity because any half decent footballer would have buried it. He played himself into a rabbit hole and allowed Carson a chance to save it. 

I think today showed that we probably won't be troubling the top six this season & Forest could well be relegated come May. 

Good win today of course, but it serves somewhat to disguise ongoing problems .. I fail to see what Chris Martin has been guilty of to deserve the constant 'cold shoulder'  that Rowett has been subjecting him to .. when he finally came on he executed three sublime layoffs in dangerous positions that no other player on the books is capable of, and I am beginning to question Rowett's ability to judge the quality of the players at his disposal ..

And Martin's 'goal drought' is due to nothing other than lack of game time and poor service from the midfield when he has had decent game time .. add his (Rowett's) inexplicable treatment of Will Hughes at the beginning of the season, and the only conclusion I can reach is, that he does not want 'quality touch' and creative players in his team (Huddlestone being an exception), but would rather rely on 'workhorses' ..

Just now, philmycock said:

C’mon, cheer up!!!! We beat the red dogs!!!!

I'm good, I just think we got away with it today a bit if Forest were able to hit a barn door but I guess that's why they are where they are. Good result, I just want to see some more consistency in our results upto Xmas (positive consistency that is).

46 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I am happy I think the result slightly glosses over the performance.  If we play like that against half decent teams we'll be found out and have been this season. 

What, you mean we might actually lose a few games.

Well f*** that. I'm jacking it in then.

I mean, what's the point?

I'm not going to support a team that frickin loses, am I?

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

I am happy I think the result slightly glosses over the performance.  If we play like that against half decent teams we'll be found out and have been this season. 

Not really. We are becoming a very very clever side - almost impossible to beat- and it may not have been our biggest win over them but it was by far and away our easiest. It was a non contest.

We just squashed them like a little bug. They grew more lifeless and impotent as the match went on. 

Keep on rockin, Gary Rowett! 

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

I'm good, I just think we got away with it today a bit if Forest were able to hit a barn door but I guess that's why they are where they are. Good result, I just want to see some more consistency in our results upto Xmas (positive consistency that is).

Rome was not built in a day but you can clearly see the pillars and columns now. Patience big boy.

25 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Not really. We are becoming a very very clever side - almost impossible to beat- and it may not have been our biggest win over them but it was by far and away our easiest. It was a non contest.

We just squashed them like a little bug. They grew more lifeless and impotent as the match went on. 

Keep on rockin, Gary Rowett! 

Wow, I hope so.  Automatic promotion should be a formality then!

A touch overly optimistic perhaps? .....although maybe you should be forgiven the hyperbole after such a satisfying win.

Archived