Derby County V Notts Forest

peachmyster

Sunday 15th October 2017  Pride Park Stadium Kick off 1315hrs

Well the peachmyster match day thread rolls on we are unbeaten in three !  (Draws)

So next to visit  Pride Park are our close neighbours Notts Florest in the East Midlands Derby live on Sky.

So for a bit of History the two sides have played each other 100 times with Derby winning 37 lost 39 and have drawn 24.
According to a survey on football rivalries the east Midlands Derby is the 11th fiercest rivalry in English football, with 9 out of 10 fans from both clubs pointing to the other as their fiercest rival Since 2007 whenever the two teams meet the winner has been awarded the Brian Clough Trophy, in memory of Brian Clough, the man who had great success at both clubs. The inaugural match was held at Derby's Pride Park in July 2007 which the host team won 2–0. Derby are the current holders, having defeated Forest 3–0 at Pride Park on the 11th December 2016. They retained the trophy on the 18th March 2017 following a 2–2 draw at the City ground 

A couple of previous games for you to get in the mood (don't know if i linked them right )

http://www.skysports.com/football/derby-vs-n-forest/339979

http://www.skysports.com/football/derby-vs-n-forest/358342

Enough of the past lets look to the future  a few topics to chat about 

Bradley Johnson is suspended will we miss him ?

Chris martin looks to have found his old self will he start ?

What team will GR pick ?

Is this the match George Thorne will make his  (long awaited) comeback ?

Will Mel give us some flags ?

Its my birthday weekend so i hope we get a win against our local rivals otherwise it will be a double downer !

IMO i would start with 

Carson 

Wisdom keogh Davis Fozzy 

Thorne Hudds 

Nugent  Vydra  Lawrence  

Martin                                                       

Come on you rams its time for some deforestation lets get pride park rocking !!!!

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys lets have black and white army in full voice lets make derby shake with noise we making buy sending derby to victory. But most important closing that gap to top 6 even through with a win can go 10th in the league lets show new lads how we can get really behind them how much beating red scum means to us.

22-0 38 % possession (to all the possession addicts) Vydra fgs! 

Carson 

Wisdom   Keogh    Davies  Forsyth

Huddlestone  Ledley 

Russell        Vydra       Lawrence 

Martin 

Big game this. A loss would take us to no wins in 5 and could well see Rowett dangerously close to losing his job given MM's track record. However if we build off the promising second half at Cardiff with a strong performance and a win it could be the platform to build off.  

Team wise I'd go for: 

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth 

Huddlestone* Ledley

Russell      Martin     Lawrence 

Nugent 

Nugent to run the channels and look to get in behind. Martin with complete freedom to look for the ball and provide the 'hook' to get us into attacking positions

*personally would be tempted to give Thorne a go

I think we'll line up with Huddlestone and Leadley in midfield then a huge gap to lawrence-vydra-russell then Nugent.

Martin and Weimann get to come on as subs unless we got injuries.

It'll basically be like the Brentford match except slightly different players and a better result.

Forest fans will then claim moral victory based on eleventy hundred sideways and back passes......

I'd personally go with

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Fozzy

Huddlestone Ledley

Russell Martin Lawrence

Nugent

Leave Vydra as an impact player if we still need a goal in the last 30 minutes. Have Martin at 10 as a base for counter-attacks when we sit deeper with the Wisdom-Huddlestone-Ledley-Fozzy combination. None of those are flying forward anytime soon. Nugent has that knack, patience and intelligence that Vydra just doesn't have at this stage in his career/current mentality.

I think Forest will overrun us tbh, wouldn't be surprised if they end up on top if we just trade counter-attacks all day. When it goes end to end we're always likely to get outpaced on the counter.

Wish Max Lowe was fit, we need a flying left back to overlap Lawrence. Think he could play a big part of he gets fit.

15 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Big game this. A loss would take us to no wins in 5 and could well see Rowett dangerously close to losing his job given MM's track record. However if we build off the promising second half at Cardiff with a strong performance and a win it could be the platform to build off.  

Team wise I'd go for: 

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth 

Huddlestone* Ledley

Russell      Martin     Lawrence 

Nugent 

Nugent to run the channels and look to get in behind. Martin with complete freedom to look for the ball and provide the 'hook' to get us into attacking positions

*personally would be tempted to give Thorne a go

Spot on. I would actually throw Thorne on from the start in place of Huddlestone too; it would be a morale booster to the home crowd and I think the occasion would lift Thorne enough to see him through 65-70 minutes. I doubt Rowett will though...he's not that bold in his outlook. Florist are good going forward but leave huge gaps at the back; they will have been working on it but I suspect Huddlestone will start as it will be the kind of game where he can pump long balls in and behind them. It's a tough one to call...and could end up being a 4-3, 5-2, 3-2 kind of scoreline. ie lots of goals for both sides. 

Forest are apparently quite good going forward, but terrible defending. We are hit and miss attacking, but seem to be excellent at defending. I think we will just cancel each other out and end up with a 0-0.

17 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Can't see GR dropping Vydra so we might see Lawrence, Vydra, Martin and Nugent all starting - if so, it certainly won't be dull !

He dropped Vydra last game, so don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility. Would personally love to have at least Martin, Lawrence and Vydra together though.

Archived