Time to go !

stoneyram

When he first came in, Mel described Rowett as an 'incrimentalist'. Constantly making minor improvements in order to progress steadily - without making sweeping changes across the playing side of things.

Rowett himself has also said that he believes we're good enough for automatic promotion this season.

i know the football is currently awful, but I think if Mel/Gary had started off by saying that this is a transitional season, then we wouldn't be currently so dissatisfied and the players would feel less stressed...pressured.

along with the selling of a few fan favorites, then the PR side of things from the club has been annoying/discombobulating

I wasn't there tonight, but I do quietly hope that a fully fit Thorne and Ledley as a DM partnership (getting rid of the super tanker slow Huddlestone) and getting Winnall/Lawrence/Vydra starting to kick ass, with our defense remaining solid (with Forsyth and Davies only improving as they come into fitness/confidence) will be a team to be reckoned with....

but it needs time....and it needs Gary to work some magic. 

I'm not his biggest fan (never have been)

and I'm not defending him

but 8 games into the season with the changes that have happened so far is too early to be making any rash decisions.

any anger or dissapointment we feel now following tonights game would be only trebled if MM sacked GR so early in his  tenure.

just bringing in a quick fix/sugar rush Mclaren-esque manager to paper over the cracks of having done that (several times) before is the last thing this club needs.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Et tu, Brute?

Welcome to club. I didn't even bother to pay and watch the game tonight as Saturday was painful enough.

I went to Blackpool. It rained on Sunday. It was the highlight of my weekend.

2 hours ago, Stripperg-ram said:

When he first came in, Mel described Rowett as an 'incrimentalist'. Constantly making minor improvements in order to progress steadily - without making sweeping changes across the playing side of things.

Rowett himself has also said that he believes we're good enough for automatic promotion this season.

i know the football is currently awful, but I think if Mel/Gary had started off by saying that this is a transitional season, then we wouldn't be currently so dissatisfied and the players would feel less stressed...pressured.

along with the selling of a few fan favorites, then the PR side of things from the club has been annoying/discombobulating

I wasn't there tonight, but I do quietly hope that a fully fit Thorne and Ledley as a DM partnership (getting rid of the super tanker slow Huddlestone) and getting Winnall/Lawrence/Vydra starting to kick ass, with our defense remaining solid (with Forsyth and Davies only improving as they come into fitness/confidence) will be a team to be reckoned with....

but it needs time....and it needs Gary to work some magic. 

I'm not his biggest fan (never have been)

and I'm not defending him

but 8 games into the season with the changes that have happened so far is too early to be making any rash decisions.

any anger or dissapointment we feel now following tonights game would be only trebled if MM sacked GR so early in his  tenure.

just bringing in a quick fix/sugar rush Mclaren-esque manager to paper over the cracks of having done that (several times) before is the last thing this club needs.

Well winnall has one goal and one assist in about 90 mins play , Ledley a goal in his first  15 mins. But I really don't get what goes on with Rowett... Vydra gets dropped as soon as he starts scoring goals. Is there any rhyme or reason to his selections? 

9 hours ago, stoneyram said:

Mel make the call / text

we are not going to win nothing !

Rowett has not got a clue 

every team we play now outplay us at football !

Rubbish - Boring -No plan A B Or C 

Pace and power my arse 

Ledley man of the match and not play all year 

Lets get rid now before its too late 

season will be over 

Bye Bye Gary

Bore off mate.

lets make it a 3rd season where we sack a manger before xmas shall we ..... 

and fans wander why were in this mess.

1 hour ago, jake the ram said:

totaly outplayed by two of the worst teams in the league.relegation battle????

I wish there was a yawn emoji

22 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Well winnall has one goal and one assist in about 90 mins play , Ledley a goal in his first  15 mins. But I really don't get what goes on with Rowett... Vydra gets dropped as soon as he starts scoring goals. Is there any rhyme or reason to his selections? 

I believe Vydra had a knock recently so wasn't fully fit

7 hours ago, Alex W said:

Because the fans have turned in every manager we've had when performances have dropped for a long time now. A large proportion are expecting promotion. Fan reaction can't elicit another sacking. 

This football can't be the final intention from Rowett. Mel must have known the football that he had played previously when he hired him. I can't imagine he'd make the same mistake as he did with Pearson, who signed up to a brand of football that he was never going to implement. This cannot be Rowetts final design or anywhere close. You can clearly still see square pegs in round holes across the side, due in most part to the squad issues (and some failed recruitment) 

I don't care what he does this year. Shy of relegation he gets a free pass. Next year he is judged. We simply cannot afford to sack another manager before the season is out. 

Well serious questions have to be asked about why there are square pegs in round holes.

GR has had 6 months, circa 20 games plus a full pre season to find a system that puts round pegs in round holes.

He has spent circa £15m. He has brought in 6 new players and shipped out 8 (I think) so to still be using that as an excuse is unacceptable to me I'm afraid.

7 hours ago, eddie said:

Having supported all our managers from the day they were appointed until the day they left, and never called for anyone's head, let me just say this...

I really don't give a toss any more. I thought the sacking of Clough was stupid, the sacking of McClaren I was utterly ridiculous, and every single appointment and subsequent sacking since then has just increased my apathy. I have become that which I have despised for so long - the fair-weather half-fan. I feel less passionate and less involved about DCFC now than any other time in the last 50 years. I'm just going to stay away from matches for a few weeks and see if I feel any differently.

Slippery slope that Eddie.  My similar apathy set in around the Pearson appointment and l haven't been to a game since. In truth haven't missed it either - social or mainstream media gives me all the tools to know how my beloved Rams are performing real-time whilst doing something otherwise satisfying or rewarding. l can then catch up on the 'highlights' of our performance next day, or when convenient to me. I also have this forum to give me a balanced overview  :lol:

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Slippery slope that Eddie.  My similar apathy set in around the Pearson appointment and l haven't been to a game since. In truth haven't missed it either - social or mainstream media gives me all the tools to know how my beloved Rams are performing real-time whilst doing something otherwise satisfying or rewarding. l can then catch up on the 'highlights' of our performance next day, or when convenient to me. I also have this forum to give me a balanced overview  :lol:

It's sad for me, as a fan , who still feels passionately about the club to hear fans of the older generation followungbthe club for x amount of years to see theyve lost a bit of that passion. On the flip side it's even sadder that I can see why ? Since Mel/Rush ( I know he's no longer here) but sacking managers is what we seem to do now. If that was Rush's influence I suppose time will tell. Rowett needs time and patience.

I think more and more folk will start to feel like that as time progresses.  

I did not like them much at the time, but at least we were making slow, but steady progress under the Americans/Canucks, but now it feels like we have turned into Alberto Tomba on the giant slalom at Kitzbuel.

The only difference being Tomba was a winner.  We are now a bunch of also rans. 

10 hours ago, stoneyram said:

Mel make the call / text

we are not going to win nothing !

Rowett has not got a clue 

every team we play now outplay us at football !

Rubbish - Boring -No plan A B Or C 

Pace and power my arse 

Ledley man of the match and not play all year 

Lets get rid now before its too late 

season will be over 

Bye Bye Gary

f*** off. We are 9 games in.

Who do you replace him with? What do they do differently?

29 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

At least this explanation allows us to put comments you make in context  ..........i.e. ignore

Just now, King Kevin said:

Can someone please tell him we ain't got the right players for it.

Isn't the majority of the negativity towards Gary rowett down to precisely this.

- has a philosophy. Tick.

- identifies the skills /attributes that deliver a style consistent with his philosophy. Tick.

- communicates to key stakeholders to get them onside. Tick.

- recruits players with the right skills and removes those who don't.  Er....

Archived