Time to go !

stoneyram

Gary is wasting time playing three attacking midfielders and a striker.

get everyone behind the ball permanently.

eventually - based on Newtons 3rd law, chaos theory, and the fact that nature deplores a vacuum-  we will win a corner.

then send 8 big blokes up and score off a header.

QED

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sunnyhill60 said:

But you can - has it done Watford any harm? - 8 in 5 years

Doesn't guarantee success.. It is a very competitive league and we have no divine right to be finishing in the top few places, I would have hoped we were a bit higher up in the league right now and tonight sounded bad but sacking Rowett isn't the solution....Derby can't just keep sacking managers and if they do, the board should sack themselves as they keep appointing the wrong people.

The players have to take some responsibility and deliver every match. 

Having supported all our managers from the day they were appointed until the day they left, and never called for anyone's head, let me just say this...

I really don't give a toss any more. I thought the sacking of Clough was stupid, the sacking of McClaren I was utterly ridiculous, and every single appointment and subsequent sacking since then has just increased my apathy. I have become that which I have despised for so long - the fair-weather half-fan. I feel less passionate and less involved about DCFC now than any other time in the last 50 years. I'm just going to stay away from matches for a few weeks and see if I feel any differently.

23 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Gary is wasting time playing three attacking midfielders and a striker.

get everyone behind the ball permanently.

eventually - based on Newtons 3rd law, chaos theory, and the fact that nature deplores a vacuum-  we will win a corner.

then send 8 big blokes up and score off a header.

QED

abhors

1 hour ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Anybody.......literally anybody! He survives only due to our revised mid-table expectations. We now seem to be accepting of drab hoofball garbage, while the rest of the championship pass their way around us and show us how to do the basics well! I genuinely think we are in the bottom 3 in terms of quality. It's shocking. I'm with Stoney on this one.

thank you 

Time to go asap

49 minutes ago, eddie said:

Having supported all our managers from the day they were appointed until the day they left, and never called for anyone's head, let me just say this...

I really don't give a toss any more. I thought the sacking of Clough was stupid, the sacking of McClaren I was utterly ridiculous, and every single appointment and subsequent sacking since then has just increased my apathy. I have become that which I have despised for so long - the fair-weather half-fan. I feel less passionate and less involved about DCFC now than any other time in the last 50 years. I'm just going to stay away from matches for a few weeks and see if I feel any differently.

Exactly how I feel about Derby too. 

I like them more than any other team ever.

But I frickin' hate them.

They're not a team assemble from bargain basement. They aren't a bunch of brilliant arrogant mercenaries. They aren't a team that play end to end on the edge of your seat stuff. They are boringly good with 1-0 wins. 

Derby are quite an expensive, quite unremarkable bunch. A collection of never really made it players who's style can only be described as grinding.

Off the pitch

The master plan of "The Derby Way", that if you actually listened to what it was could give you an understanding of the target, is dead and buried. It's pillar to post. Close your eyes and throw. Try this and try that. 

There's nothing there to really grip into.

Is it a club in crisis? No! If it was your passion would come through to back them through the hard times. 

It's a grinding time. Grind through players to find ones that work. Grind through managers. And every match is a grind for some points. 

It's not doom. But there's no hope either. 

It feels like you could walk away for 10 years, come back and Derby would still be how you left them.

I think you just need to feel like your team is fighting on the frontlines and at any time they could break through. Not in terms of promotion. Even if it was watching a team of bright young faces learning how to cope with the Championship it would be something you could back. 

There's nothing developing. 

If it felt like we were on a ladder then that'd do. However high or low. But it feels aimless. Like our passing

Just to add: Even the Nigel Clough years felt better. Like he was so close to something good yet for various reasons (sometimes his own fault) we'd take a step backwards. But then he'd get going again. Trying to feed the team with players on the up instead of those on the way down. It wasn't fun but it felt like one day there's a chance it might just click. That passing move at Yeovil. The impact of Kuqi/Bueno/Cywka etc. 

49 minutes ago, eddie said:

Et tu, Brute?

Welcome to club. I didn't even bother to pay and watch the game tonight as Saturday was painful enough.

1 hour ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Agree with all but the Mel sympathy. He is entirely to blame. Patience ant time should have been given to Clement. He at least had a philosophy on the game, and before everyone comes on and reminds me how drab it was....yeah, blah blah, he had us going in the right  direction. There was a plan. FFS ! We were 5th when we sacked him! And was ANY game under Clement worse than what was seen tonight??? Seriously?

Bang on.

Bunch of whiners.

We are in a process of changing and getting rid of the loser mentality (Mcclaren) and the loser players (Clement). It's a process. If Rowett didn't see the problems I'd be worried. He's sees and he's adapting. By January we will be a juggernaut. Thought we were a defensive machine today but he was right to call out our constant random clearing which was unhelpful and played into their hands. Think he also erred in not bringing pearce or Baird on for Ledley because at that point we needed to lock it down. Was it perfect ? No. But a Mcclaren team would have been cut to ribbons at Brentford.

Mel had better not even be thinking about pulling any triggers for at least 2 seasons. We have the right man at the helm.

3 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I'm frustrated with Rowett, but sacking managers has got us to the position we are now in as a club. We lack any identity, any sense of direction and changing managers means we keep signing players that don't fit into other managers systems. We must stick with Rowett or face the same issues this club have been facing for the past 3 years. 

What got us here as a club is the chairman alone. As @Jourdan pointed out so elequently in another post; why hire and sacked all these managers in the first place.

I can understand that the club has been through difficult times prior to this to no fault of anyone. But this is self afflicted. I never liked Mel and I doubt I'd like him. He is not even humble enough to accept blame or apologize. His pr strategy is skewed and all over the place. He needs a proper pr person, but instead he hires a wolf so out of touch.

I actually supported Gary, but this is not foorball, never have I seen such bad football even under the three amigos. He's got to go. 

I'm all meh even more than the Clough days.

8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Bunch of whiners.

We are in a process of changing and getting rid of the loser mentality (Mcclaren) and the loser players (Clement). It's a process. If Rowett didn't see the problems I'd be worried. He's sees and he's adapting. By January we will be a juggernaut. Thought we were a defensive machine today but he was right to call out our constant random clearing which was unhelpful and played into their hands. Think he also erred in not bringing pearce or Baird on for Ledley because at that point we needed to lock it down. Was it perfect ? No. But a Mcclaren team would have been cut to ribbons at Brentford.

Mel had better not even be thinking about pulling any triggers for at least 2 seasons. We have the right man at the helm.

Utter tosh! Why do you not apply the same logic to either Clement or Mac 2. Or for that matter Pearson? None were given more than the 1 transfer window, and if asked, all would say they were in a "process of change". In the case of the 1st two, they at least showed improvement! I'll say it again, Clement had us in 5th when sacked. Mac 2 took over in the relegation places and lifted us into the top 6 before a dip in form and the sack. But this muppet??? After a shambolic transfer window and poor start to the season, on the back of a bang average end to last season, only a fool would say we are stronger now than when he took over. Why should he be given "at least 2 seasons". Personally, I never thought he was up to much before being appointed, and I'm more convinced now he's not for us. Time to go, sooner rather than later. Tonight's absolute farce was the final straw.

3 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Utter tosh! Why do you not apply the same logic to either Clement or Mac 2. Or for that matter Pearson? None were given more than the 1 transfer window, and if asked, all would say they were in a "process of change". In the case of the 1st two, they at least showed improvement! I'll say it again, Clement had us in 5th when sacked. Mac 2 took over in the relegation places and lifted us into the top 6 before a dip in form and the sack. But this muppet??? After a shambolic transfer window and poor start to the season, on the back of a bang average end to last season, only a fool would say we are stronger now than when he took over. Why should he be given "at least 2 seasons". Personally, I never thought he was up to much before being appointed, and I'm more convinced now he's not for us. Time to go, sooner rather than later. Tonight's absolute farce was the final straw.

You should consider getting some candles incense and meditating with Enya Brahms or Delerium playing in the background. All will be well. Repeat x 1000. Same thing for @Gypsy Ram

If I was a Brentford fan or Bristol I would be happy playing fast paced football with the ball and young hungry players. 

At Sheffield we beat ourselves   Wolves are close to being very good  Sunderland and Bolton are s*** . Preston were poor on the night and the hull game , if they scored that penalty and took their chances who knows  

our Football is going well backwards and not the signs of a top 6 team . Our defence are very good with how many crosses and shots come at them. Teams will get a goal if you let them dominate for the whole game.  

Bye Gary

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Bunch of whiners.

Aren't a lot of the current problems of Rowett's own making?

Pre-season was muddled and directionless. We looked to be going back to a 4-3-3 with Martin. Now he can't even get a kick and he is below Winnall in the pecking order.

The transfer business was asking for trouble. The only move that looked sensible was the signing of Curtis Davies. Everything else seemed counter-intuitive to building the kind of side Rowett had set out as his vision. To sanction the departures of Ince, Hughes, Christie, Butterfield and Bryson without a clear and well-devised plan to replace those players was naive.

The coaching, tactical approach and style of play all seem at odds with the players we have and the players we have recruited.

I mentioned Nuno and Thomas Christensen for a reason.

Do you look at this team and see players who have bought into the Rowett vision and the Rowett methodology? Or is it that they are as baffled and scratching their heads as much as the rest of us?

I don't see a plan. I don't see signs of a plan coming together. So why the need for patience?

Archived