Time to go !

stoneyram

8 hours ago, eddie said:

Having supported all our managers from the day they were appointed until the day they left, and never called for anyone's head, let me just say this...

I really don't give a toss any more. I thought the sacking of Clough was stupid, the sacking of McClaren I was utterly ridiculous, and every single appointment and subsequent sacking since then has just increased my apathy. I have become that which I have despised for so long - the fair-weather half-fan. I feel less passionate and less involved about DCFC now than any other time in the last 50 years. I'm just going to stay away from matches for a few weeks and see if I feel any differently.

Eddie I have always seen you as a voice of reason on this site so take your comments seriously.

I'm sorry that as a committed fan you feel this way.

I hope this is our low point and that there is a way out for us but last night can never be repeated if they expect fans to part with their hard-earned money.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny - everyone was pretty much agreed this was going to be a season of mediocrity due to the s*** spending done by the previous mixed bag of managers. Regardless of Gary Rowett's competence.

Then, as usual, that mediocrity actually starts taking place and people lose their minds.

Also, I love the use of the term "anyone with a footballing mind". Because obviously, only fans have those. Not any of the people earning a living through Football.

Suck it up. This is the result of the "ambition" (translation of reckless overspending) shown in the past few years. I'm not *happy* with whats happened so far this season but its in-line with almost all reasonable people's expectations, including my own, and as such I'm comfortable with it.

11 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Serious question, to @stoneyram and everyone else on here:

Who do you replace Rowett with? 

Doubt we've got the funds to bring in a manager already under contract.

What's your fix here?

It's not our job who to get. There's lots of managers out there. That job is Mel and the Boards. Just because we've had lots of managers is no reason to stop at this one.

Short term fix then, Wassall. Fook it I understand Phillips wants a go at managing, give it him.

It would be f*****g stupid to get rid of Rowett, back to square 1 again. 

Lose on Saturday and part of me has a horrible feeling that Forest is his make or break game. Lose to them and i think we may well see him sent on his way. 

And the merry go round continues :(

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's funny - everyone was pretty much agreed this was going to be a season of mediocrity due to the s*** spending done by the previous mixed bag of managers. Regardless of Gary Rowett's competence.

Then, as usual, that mediocrity actually starts taking place and people lose their minds.

Also, I love the use of the term "anyone with a footballing mind". Because obviously, only fans have those. Not any of the people earning a living through Football.

Suck it up. This is the result of the "ambition" (translation of reckless overspending) shown in the past few years. I'm not *happy* with whats happened so far this season but its in-line with almost all reasonable people's expectations, including my own, and as such I'm comfortable with it.

Mediocrity with a clear direction, identity, playing style wol#uld be acceptable but I genuinely can't even see little shoots of the three things I'd need to see during the season to justify this level of mediocrity... We have only beaten teams below us, It'd be nice and not greedy to expect us to grab a result occasionally from those above us! 

12 hours ago, stoneyram said:

Mel make the call / text

we are not going to win nothing !

Rowett has not got a clue 

every team we play now outplay us at football !

Rubbish - Boring -No plan A B Or C 

Pace and power my arse 

Ledley man of the match and not play all year 

Lets get rid now before its too late 

season will be over 

Bye Bye Gary

No

Next thread thanks

56 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Pin this now please mods for all to read

Bang on mate

47 minutes ago, Derbados said:

It would be f*****g stupid to get rid of Rowett, back to square 1 again. 

Lose on Saturday and part of me has a horrible feeling that Forest is his make or break game. Lose to them and i think we may well see him sent on his way. 

And the merry go round continues :(

If we do then as a season ticket holder id be seriously considering not going as i just cant take anymore of this circus

i love this club but having a 3rd season where we pretty much sack a manager before we're even into november would be just plain ********, and people/ morons cant work out why we're in this position and that the answer is to sack the Manager, bring in the next and then sack him when he has a rough time trying to make this mish mash of god knows how many managers players into a side

i literally dispair

Mel make the call / text

Pace and power my arse 

season will be over 

Bye Bye Gary

I struggle to take anyone likes Stone Island seriously...

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Mediocre?

Last night, much of Saturday, Bristol City, Wolves and Barnsley were far from Mediocre, more catastrophic with a hint of vomit.

I think the question of the thread is being asked of the wrong person.  Let's face it, Mel can't employ a manager for s***. 

Yes it's great that we have a local person, a loyal life-long fan running the club.  Yes, he's plowed millions into the club to keep us solvent, and to improve the stadium & training facilities.  Yes he makes the odd grand gesture, like free pies, or free season tickets if we're promoted ( :lol: ) , but he really doesn't know how to choose the right man for the job.  I think he's too trusting, and holds interviewees at their word.  PC promised to carry on playing good attacking football, and bringing through youth, he didn't.  He also believed it would be prudent to spend a combined £13m on Johnson, Butterfield & Blackman.  He then trusted Pearson to do the same, and allowed him to dump our most prolific striker in a decade for a year, and pay £4m for Anya.  He brought Schteve back, but got itchy feet when he didn't magically turn us back into Barcelona B in the space of 3 months.  

Since Rush has gone, I get the feeling that there's nobody left to challenge him in his decisions.  I can imagine it's like when George Lucas was making the Star Wars prequels, everyone was so in ore of him, they let him make poor choice, after poor choice and he ended up f***ing up his legacy forever.  Mel is well on his way to doing the same...

2 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Gary loves the German style of high press, technical passing game. That's why we sit back and let the other team have the ball every game... Then can't even play short passes.

He doesn't though! 

He keeps mentioning Dortmund in the same breath as Burnley, Boro and Atletico Madrid and that's wrong!

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

He doesn't though! 

He keeps mentioning Dortmund in the same breath as Burnley, Boro and Atletico Madrid and that's wrong!

We are the complete polar opposite of Dortmund. Couldn't be further away. We're more like a s*** Burnley tribute act that can't hold on to a football.

I can understand where people are coming from wanting rid of him he has so far made some questionable decisions now if we were playing decent football some of those could be forgiven but we are not for example letting Bryson go on loan that suggests to me he doesn't know what he's got or how to use it. He is a box to box midfielder who scores all he needs is consistent run of games which he's now getting at Cardiff and they are reaping the rewards. I don't know if sacking him is the answer but keep offering up this s**** with the quality we have and it's a matter of time .

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Except that Rowett was the one stirring up the ambitions to be a top 2 side - Had been saying over the summer "mid-table this season lads, need to get my ideas across, time to build, move people on, bring people in" there wouldn't be such a problem

However he didn't say that - He said the CURRENT squad should be in the top 6 and that with a couple of additions we should be a top 2 side

I think he probably wouldn't have got Lawrence, Huddlestone, Wisdom or Davies to sign if he'd said it was going to be a waiting game on promotion - But if you publicly state you can turn a team into a playoff side immediately then you have to be judged on your own words surely?

Mel make the call / text

Pace and power my arse 

season will be over 

Bye Bye Gary

How about bye bye Stoney Ram? 

How about go and watch Forest? 

Season is over in May not September maybe you need to understand that we play 46 games in a season which is from August to May. 

Rowett do have a clue and you don't. 

Every teams outplay us? Lol it shows that you haven't got a clue. 

Ledley last played before last night was in June for Wales maybe do some research on that one init. 

CIAO 

Archived