Time to go !

stoneyram

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Wassall ? 

in seriousness we don’t have a right to expect to win every game but we do have a right to expect to see progress. 

We are currently going backwards, it feels like we’re getting worse. 

Mum very concerned. Rowett had the end of last season to assess the squad. He shouldn’t still be trying to find his best eleven! 

Also we need legs in midfield, put an under 23 in. One that can do the running and just play it simple to more seasoned pros... instead of playing a midfield with no movement! 

Tell your Mum to get her own dcfc fans account Ilson. She shouldn't just be passing her views on through you like this 

Just now, ilkleyram said:

Tell your Mum to get her own dcfc fans account Ilson. She shouldn't just be passing her views on through you like this 

Its a bit late to phone my mum to get her views. Hope people don't mind if i update the forum with her take on it all tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

No offence, but you are what's wrong here. Not Rowett.

Mel's decision making in respect of managers is awful,he needs to delegate it out to a director of football.

But let's make no bones about this,rowett has been terrible for derby up to now.

Sold our best players, ostrisised our most devoted strikers in Russell and Martin,loaned out our midfield to be replaced by Chelsea pensioners and played a style of football that would be frowned upon and considered disappointing, by supporters of the Iraqi third team after it was simultaneously struck down by glandular fever and a drone strike halfway through a match. 

I was prepared to give him time but it's getting worse and worse and his selections are becoming panicked....the team seems to be in chaos.

What do we do now and how do we even replace him if that necessary?.....

I've no idea,but it can't go on like this for long,it's just not sustainable.

I actually feel sorry for Mel in some ways...he thinks he is doing the right thing but it keeps going tits up.....I would imagine that,like us,he thought that we would be gradually improving under GR,perhaps not spectacularly,but steadily and it would all be in the derby way.

It's not though is it.

1 hour ago, stoneyram said:

Mel make the call / text

we are not going to win nothing !

Rowett has not got a clue 

every team we play now outplay us at football !

Rubbish - Boring -No plan A B Or C 

Pace and power my arse 

Ledley man of the match and not play all year 

Lets get rid now before its too late 

season will be over 

Bye Bye Gary

I know quite a few people who think like that.

They all support Forest to.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Serious question, to @stoneyram and everyone else on here:

Who do you replace Rowett with? 

Doubt we've got the funds to bring in a manager already under contract.

What's your fix here?

Anybody.......literally anybody! He survives only due to our revised mid-table expectations. We now seem to be accepting of drab hoofball garbage, while the rest of the championship pass their way around us and show us how to do the basics well! I genuinely think we are in the bottom 3 in terms of quality. It's shocking. I'm with Stoney on this one.

47 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

I think I may be right in saying we have spent more on managerial contract settlements than net transfer fees in the last 3/4 years? Sadly GR does not appear good enough (the fault of the guy who selected him) but constant change of leadership will not bring success just confusion. The club needs genuine football and business talent at the very top. Not some del boy who got lucky through kids obsessions with mobile phone games.

I think you may be a mile out.

1 hour ago, Alex W said:

I don't give a damn this season, there's nothing in it for us, we should be aware of that. We've chosen a percentage manager so it's not going to be pretty. When he has a squad capable of achieving his intention then I'll judge him. It's half built atm. 

Write this season off as one we need to undergo to stabilise the club after the manager turnover policy we've had and the recruitment knock ons since that left the squad looking as it did this summer.

McCLaren shouldn't have been sacked but we are past that now. Percentage manager on a half built squad. It is what it is. 

I agree, but playing devils advocate if we are writing this season off why would you keep a manager that you know the fans are turning against already and looks set to carry on serving turgid football week in week out? Or do you think he is going to adapt the way we play?

I would certainly be on to him now to find out who his transfer targets are in January if I was Mel.

for the life of me i cannot see how fans are still defending rowett 

everyone is entitled to there own opinion but gee whizz, after tonights performance he should bloody resign let alone be sacked. 

at this point i dont think it matters who would be bought in as surely they cannot be as inept as gary rowett.  

12 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Mel's decision making in respect of managers is awful,he needs to delegate it out to a director of football.

But let's make no bones about this,rowett has been terrible for derby up to now.

Sold our best players, ostrisised our most devoted strikers in Russell and Martin,loaned out our midfield to be replaced by Chelsea pensioners and played a style of football that would be frowned upon and considered disappointing, by supporters of the Iraqi third team after it was simultaneously struck down by glandular fever and a drone strike halfway through a match. 

I was prepared to give him time but it's getting worse and worse and his selections are becoming panicked....the team seems to be in chaos.

What do we do now and how do we even replace him if that necessary?.....

I've no idea,but it can't go on like this for long,it's just not sustainable.

I actually feel sorry for Mel in some ways...he thinks he is doing the right thing but it keeps going tits up.....I would imagine that,like us,he thought that we would be gradually improving under GR,perhaps not spectacularly,but steadily and it would all be in the derby way.

It's not though is it.

Agree with all but the Mel sympathy. He is entirely to blame. Patience ant time should have been given to Clement. He at least had a philosophy on the game, and before everyone comes on and reminds me how drab it was....yeah, blah blah, he had us going in the right  direction. There was a plan. FFS ! We were 5th when we sacked him! And was ANY game under Clement worse than what was seen tonight??? Seriously?

Let's keep it real folks, yes there has been some disappointing stuff at times but this manager has had to move on expensive and some good players ( and poor) and is trying to replace them while also playing games and with the muck up on transfer deadline day ( again) we will look as if we are poorer more than better, it will take time to turn things round.

personal frustrations- please play a solid sensible formation (442) and have our better players playing more often! 

We have spent the last 2-3 seasons trying to fit expensive signings Johnson Butterfield Vydra Blackman into the side without the basic understanding of how they would improve the team.

yes I miss the midfield of Hughes Bryson Hendrick Thorne/ Eustace rather than the lead footed ones of late.

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I agree, but playing devils advocate if we are writing this season off why would you keep a manager that you know the fans are turning against already and looks set to carry on serving turgid football week in week out? Or do you think he is going to adapt the way we play?

I would certainly be on to him now to find out who his transfer targets are in January if I was Mel.

Because the fans have turned in every manager we've had when performances have dropped for a long time now. A large proportion are expecting promotion. Fan reaction can't elicit another sacking. 

This football can't be the final intention from Rowett. Mel must have known the football that he had played previously when he hired him. I can't imagine he'd make the same mistake as he did with Pearson, who signed up to a brand of football that he was never going to implement. This cannot be Rowetts final design or anywhere close. You can clearly still see square pegs in round holes across the side, due in most part to the squad issues (and some failed recruitment) 

I don't care what he does this year. Shy of relegation he gets a free pass. Next year he is judged. We simply cannot afford to sack another manager before the season is out. 

2 minutes ago, Alex W said:

I don't care what he does this year. Shy of relegation he gets a free pass. Next year he is judged. We simply cannot afford to sack another manager before the season is out. 

the damage this man has done to the squad in 6 months is unbelievable, i dread to think what state it will be in at the end of the season. 

would you really want to trust him with another transfer window after his performance in the last one

22 minutes ago, Bazal77 said:

for the life of me i cannot see how fans are still defending rowett 

everyone is entitled to there own opinion but gee whizz, after tonights performance he should bloody resign let alone be sacked. 

at this point i dont think it matters who would be bought in as surely they cannot be as inept as gary rowett.  

Maybe it's the players that should be sacked, not the manager. Can't keep sacking managers.

Archived