Time to go !

stoneyram

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Whilst I'm not exactly bouncing off the walls with excitement from what Rowett has shown so far, do you actually think sacking him would be the best move for the club?

His football has been far from brilliant and he himself will probably admit he messed up the transfer window a little bit, we're still short from a coherent, balanced squad. That's partly due to things such as Kieftenbeld missing the deadline and the difficulties in cleaning up after other managers. If he managed to do that short-term, he wouldn't be here long because he would be highly sought after. It's a longer-term job he has on his hands, MM has said that. I hope Morris has more patience this time to at least give the manager a chance. One transfer window and 9 games into your first full season is not a fair enough chance.

Think of Derby, the club, as an empty glass. Nigel Clough had to wash out a load of s*** and actually began to make a decent tasting drink - potential, but not quite there yet. McClaren came in, fizzed up the drink with something fancy like Vimto or whatever you like. Then came Clement who basically added a load of water, made it more boring, Mel didn't like that. Entire Nigel Pearson who left the drink in the sun all summer then on the last day, topped it up with his own piss. GR is left with a glass of fizzy, watery piss that he needs to try and make into a nice drink again, not an easy task. (I know what you're thinking, what a fantastic analogy I have just presented you with).

What happens if GR is sacked and we get in another manager with another style, another way of playing. We then have a manager who needs to undo yet another manager's work, which will take more time and he'll be sacked due to impatience and the cycle will continue, get even bigger and more vicious.

I want to see GR given until the end of the season unless extreme circumstances where we're in risk of relegation. Reassess in May 2018 at the earliest.

Superb analogy, deserves more than one like for that. Fizzy, watery piss brilliant. We just need a Del Boy character to top it up with cherryade and we have the perfect cocktail for success. This time next year Rodney. 

We're a mid-table team in this stage of our club's development and fans have to deal with this reality. 

With Mel's fat cheque book many fans have deluded themselves that was all that was needed to take the final leap to the promised land. An initial not very well spent splurge of his funds, and several managers later, we're hamstrung by an expensive and highly paid squad and FFP is starting to bite us on the bum. Not a lot of wiggle room. Jose Mourhino would struggle with this mish-mash.

It's going to take at least another two transfer windows, and ridding ourselves of half the squad to make a significant change.

The only person I think who could possibly make a difference in this division as a last throw of the dice, I think would be Neil Warnock, who knows how to instill confidence in flagging players and fit square pegs in square holes. 

What do you think the chances of leaving the top of the division club for us?

Exactly.

See paragraphs 1 and 3...........

I think I may be right in saying we have spent more on managerial contract settlements than net transfer fees in the last 3/4 years? Sadly GR does not appear good enough (the fault of the guy who selected him) but constant change of leadership will not bring success just confusion. The club needs genuine football and business talent at the very top. Not some del boy who got lucky through kids obsessions with mobile phone games.

Just now, Kernow said:

Think of Derby, the club, as an empty glass. Nigel Clough had to wash out a load of s*** and actually began to make a decent tasting drink - potential, but not quite there yet. McClaren came in, fizzed up the drink with something fancy like Vimto or whatever you like. Then came Clement who basically added a load of water, made it more boring, Mel didn't like that. Enter Nigel Pearson who left the drink in the sun all summer then on the last day, topped it up with his own piss. GR is left with a glass of fizzy, watery piss that he needs to try and make into a nice drink again, not an easy task. (I know what you're thinking, what a fantastic analogy I have just presented you with).

Reckon Gary took the watery piss,  slipped in a rohypnol, passed it back to Mel and fluttered his lashes. 

Mel is now feeling confused and a bit grubby, wondering why Gary is now being described as "his" man :lol:

Archived