Time to go !

stoneyram

19 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I feel like I've fell down a rabbit hole and awakened in some weird alternative universe. 

In this universe, @curtains is the voice of calm and wisdom, whilst the normally sensible posters are giving up on the manager far earlier than they did even under Pearson.

That's a bad sign for Rowett, nothing kills a managers chance of success quicker than apathy, which I've seen in some posts from members who have their heads properly screwed on.

I've been far from impressed with him so far, I don't get why any manager, at our level, wouldn't move heaven and earth to build a side around Will Hughes for instance, but has it really been so bad to deserve the multiple threads we've seen recently digging the manager out?

So far, his points tally isn't far off our par at this point in recent seasons, if he can do that with seemingly no cohesive idea, maybe he's not such a poor manager after all?

I'm not defending the manager, just questioning why he seems to have fallen from grace so quickly, and not just amongst the doomsayers?

GR has lost a bit of goodwill over the sales of Ince and Hughes not helped himself at all there .

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Ince certainly didn't his dad might have wanted him in the prem but Ince was sold he was happy at Derby.

Says who?

8 hours ago, DEL said:

How about bye bye Stoney Ram? 

How about go and watch Forest? 

Season is over in May not September maybe you need to understand that we play 46 games in a season which is from August to May. 

Rowett do have a clue and you don't. 

Every teams outplay us? Lol it shows that you haven't got a clue. 

Ledley last played before last night was in June for Wales maybe do some research on that one init. 

CIAO 

CIAO ? You were right whey you said you had better things to do than waste your time coming on here. You've gone and learnt foreign. Ben fatto

Ince never wanted to leave until he was told that in order to raise funds he would be sold.  Not sure what the budget GR is working to, and as he was our biggest asset I can't see a problem with this.

Hughes was different, he had recently signed a new contract and was happy, his fitness levels however had dipped under SM and this was the main reason he spent some time on the bench, he was still very much thinking his future was at derby though....until GR was appointed, he spent time assessing the squad and decided Hughes was not the type of player he needed or wanted.  He put his name about as being available however we did not get the offers we expected, however it was decided it was in the best interest of all parties that he still went.  GR said he felt Hughes wanted a new challenge, which was true but only after it had become clear he was not part of GRs short or long term plans.

How much truth in that I'm not sure, it's something that I was told, I don't believe it to be BS but it's not something I could say I heard it direct so take it as you will :-)

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Ince never wanted to leave until he was told that in order to raise funds he would be sold.  Not sure what the budget GR is working to, and as he was our biggest asset I can't see a problem with this.

Hughes was different, he had recently signed a new contract and was happy, his fitness levels however had dipped under SM and this was the main reason he spent some time on the bench, he was still very much thinking his future was at derby though....until GR was appointed, he spent time assessing the squad and decided Hughes was not the type of player he needed or wanted.  He put his name about as being available however we did not get the offers we expected, however it was decided it was in the best interest of all parties that he still went.  GR said he felt Hughes wanted a new challenge, which was true but only after it had become clear he was not part of GRs short or long term plans.

How much truth in that I'm not sure, it's something that I was told, I don't believe it to be BS but it's not something I could say I heard it direct so take it as you will :-)

Just about nail on head you heard right.

36 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I feel like I've fell down a rabbit hole and awakened in some weird alternative universe. 

In this universe, @curtains is the voice of calm and wisdom, whilst the normally sensible posters are giving up on the manager far earlier than they did even under Pearson.

That's a bad sign for Rowett, nothing kills a managers chance of success quicker than apathy, which I've seen in some posts from members who have their heads properly screwed on.

I've been far from impressed with him so far, I don't get why any manager, at our level, wouldn't move heaven and earth to build a side around Will Hughes for instance, but has it really been so bad to deserve the multiple threads we've seen recently digging the manager out?

So far, his points tally isn't far off our par at this point in recent seasons, if he can do that with seemingly no cohesive idea, maybe he's not such a poor manager after all?

I'm not defending the manager, just questioning why he seems to have fallen from grace so quickly, and not just amongst the doomsayers?

Well rev, speaking for myself, I was quite happy to write the season off, give him a couple of windows to make his changes and off we go next season with a bit of optimism. I actually posted to that effect late July/very early August, I craved stability and hoped Rowett was the man to deliver it.

Fast forward to tonight I'm reminded of an old saying - If you can't dazzle them with science, baffle them with bulls hit. I find myself leaning towards the feeling Mr Rowett is full of bull, I feel he bluffed his way through his interview - bigged himself up if you will - he's a very good talker and, I'm beginning to think, has a very high opinion of himself. Most of us have crossed paths with these kind people in our respective workplaces, get the gig and wing it while giving the impression they are on top of the situation.

He says stuff time and again and contradicts it and, in my opinion, made a pigs ear of the summer transfer window, he had nine weeks at the tale end of last season to assess, the whole window to act, then leaves it last minute.com to balls up that lads transfer from Birmingham. Unfortunate at best, damned amateur at worst.

I'm beginning to think he doesn't know his arse from his elbow and is hoping to stumble on some formula that will keep the wolves at the door. I also think he is very lucky that Mel is mindful of his track record in dismissing his predecessors and consequently, he might be afforded time others didn't get. 

I was asked by @RiddingsRam the other night who I'd want if Rowett got the bullet and I couldn't answer him, I wracked my brain to come up with someone unemployed currently and couldn't. I don't know what Laudrup the ex Swansea manager is up to at the minute but I wonder if it's time to try something completely different and he's about the only guy I could think of tonight that might fit that criteria.

I will refrain from gloating should my fears about Rowett are proved, I would like him to succeed for Mel more than anything, if ever a guy deserved a break it's him, time will tell. 

COYR ? 

22 hours ago, stoneyram said:

Mel make the call / text

we are not going to win nothing !

Rowett has not got a clue 

every team we play now outplay us at football !

Rubbish - Boring -No plan A B Or C 

Pace and power my arse 

Ledley man of the match and not play all year 

Lets get rid now before its too late 

season will be over 

Bye Bye Gary

@stoneyram Craig Shhhhhhh, You've called for the head of every manager since Jim Smith!!!

36 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

GR has lost a bit of goodwill over the sales of Ince and Hughes not helped himself at all there .

Ince I could stomach.

Hughes was a gobsmacker; a real thoroughbred of a footballer, in the making.

Bryson an absolute knee in the groin. 

Im close to not bothering to go again this season; I myself played football at a good level. Ok I'm a bit of a purist and love to see free-flowing, possession football. I don't think I can bear to watch some faddist football based on some ideas borrowed from Charles Hughes and a bit of Jurgen Klopp thrown in. It's just not football. 

8 hours ago, stoneyram said:

How about bye to DEL because you must not get to the games , if your watching you would know its not good enough so do not slag me off.

watched derby for 47 years and know i bit about football, and this is not the way forward . Sorry but its true FACT

DEL goes to MORE games than anyone I know .

He also follows England home and away EVERY match (rather him than me)

But fair play to the man ! 

30 minutes ago, EHR said:

I will refrain from gloating should my fears about Rowett are proved, I would like him to succeed for Mel more than anything, if ever a guy deserved a break it's him, time will tell. 

COYR ? 

True. It's not like Mel has set us up to fail. He's black & white thru and thru. Deserves a break (even if he did sack Mac twice). It ain't gonna be with Rowett though.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

True. It's not like Mel has set us up to fail. He's black & white thru and thru. Deserves a break (even if he did sack Mac twice). It ain't gonna be with Rowett though.

Absolutely. I'll not countenance a bad word said/written about MM. The guy deserved the utmost respect. Our Club has everything right now but GR is currently taking us down a Cul-de-Sac. 

Christ I came of Footymad Derby because of all the negativity on that forum and some on here are even worse Yes were not playing well but calling for Rowetts  head is a bit premature he's three years of failure to sort out People going on about Ince and Hughes they asked to go if they had wanted to stay there's nothing to stop them they were under contract As soon as Ince new Martin was coming back he's was going I was at Brentford it wasn't good but that's were we are at the moment Rowett has said on moire than one occasion there's players here who have been at the club to long you can't just boot them out takes time just be patient lads and give him the chance he deserves 

Come on here. Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job.

I think we need to exercise a bit of patience and not get too excited about our recent displays. 

At least GR has been prepared to change things around to try to grind out results away from home. First game he has tried it last night and a few lessons have been learnt especially where the substitutions are concerned. 

Let's not get too trigger happy just yet. If you came into a team of miss matches the  sell off your best assets that leaves you with one he'll of a rebuild. 

Archived