Time to go !

stoneyram

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Where does it end though.

Clement was the man to have a different formation to suit every game so we weren't sussed out. After winning less than 44% of his games and boring people to death it turned out he wasn't the saviour

Pearson was what we needed. At last a no nonsense manager that wouldn't let these players bottle it. Won the PL with Leicester but let Ranieri take the glory. Turns out he wasn't the motivational genius.

And Gary. Won back to back world cups with Burton and took Birmingham to the Champions League final. Can talk fans into bed and at last we have a manager who can win a chess game in 3 moves. 

Do you know what I mean? The whole plan B thing is total rubbish and always will be. All good teams have an identity. They're predictable. There's a reason for that. 

Mac got results and played good stuff. But was "sussed out"

Pearson, Rowett, Clough, Clement. All "sussed out"

You will never have a manager that doesn't lose games. That doesn't hit hard spells. I'm not necessarily defending Rowett. I never wanted him personally. But most were loving it. "The most promising young English manager". 

The point is the grass always looks greener. The best players we have are the ones that aren't playing. The players we need are the ones we don't sign. The manager we need is that guy over there. 

Surely there comes a point where you stop falling for it and accept what you have? 

It's a spoilt fan base. Where does it end? Because when a manager comes in and wins games it's not enough if he doesn't have a plan B. So where does it end? The "I want" thing

Post of the season?

hmmm yes!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't give a damn this season, there's nothing in it for us, we should be aware of that. We've chosen a percentage manager so it's not going to be pretty. When he has a squad capable of achieving his intention then I'll judge him. It's half built atm. 

Write this season off as one we need to undergo to stabilise the club after the manager turnover policy we've had and the recruitment knock ons since that left the squad looking as it did this summer.

McCLaren shouldn't have been sacked but we are past that now. Percentage manager on a half built squad. It is what it is. 

I'm all for giving the manager time if he's the right man. I'm not sure that Gary has shown that he is the right man so far. He had the remainder of last season to experiment and work out a system as well as the preseason and 10 league matches this season. I haven't seen any real progress or even any signs to show that we might be heading in the right direction so far. The football isn't entertaining at all and when the results are bad too with no sign of improving you need to start asking questions of the people in charge.

I feel like Mel will hang on to Rowett longer than previous managers though out of stubbornness with Rowett being his man.

Whilst I'm not exactly bouncing off the walls with excitement from what Rowett has shown so far, do you actually think sacking him would be the best move for the club?

His football has been far from brilliant and he himself will probably admit he messed up the transfer window a little bit, we're still short from a coherent, balanced squad. That's partly due to things such as Kieftenbeld missing the deadline and the difficulties in cleaning up after other managers. If he managed to do that short-term, he wouldn't be here long because he would be highly sought after. It's a longer-term job he has on his hands, MM has said that. I hope Morris has more patience this time to at least give the manager a chance. One transfer window and 9 games into your first full season is not a fair enough chance.

Think of Derby, the club, as an empty glass. Nigel Clough had to wash out a load of s*** and actually began to make a decent tasting drink - potential, but not quite there yet. McClaren came in, fizzed up the drink with something fancy like Vimto or whatever you like. Then came Clement who basically added a load of water, made it more boring, Mel didn't like that. Enter Nigel Pearson who left the drink in the sun all summer then on the last day, topped it up with his own piss. GR is left with a glass of fizzy, watery piss that he needs to try and make into a nice drink again, not an easy task. (I know what you're thinking, what a fantastic analogy I have just presented you with).

What happens if GR is sacked and we get in another manager with another style, another way of playing. We then have a manager who needs to undo yet another manager's work, which will take more time and he'll be sacked due to impatience and the cycle will continue, get even bigger and more vicious.

I want to see GR given until the end of the season unless extreme circumstances where we're in risk of relegation. Reassess in May 2018 at the earliest.

well the Forest game is usually the end of the line for managers.. Derby and Forest in recent times.  Rowett needs to pull something out of the hat ...and soon. 

WTF? There is ten clubs that has as strong team as we do. Why should we win every game?

I think we should find a good manager and let him work with the team at least two seasons to get us somewhere. How many clubs have  found the success with changing the manager every season?

After nine games the blaming starts against Mel, the manager and the players. How about supporing our team one full season without moaning about everything?

6 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Can you think he's crap and not be overly bothered by him, without wanting him sacked? I think that's a fairly diplomatic and objective position to take after 9 league games.

Maybe he's doing some groundwork that will pay off in the long term and we can't just wait for the sugar rush of a mclaren type appt every 9 months to make our lives more interesting.

but to be fair, it doesn't seem like we're making progress.

I'm so indifferent this season it hurts.

but sack him yet?

nah.

Agreed. Finding it really hard to care this season. I think Rowett was a mistake and I think we will end up sacking him eventually but barring a complete Pearson-esq disaster I don't think you should sack managers mid-season.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Think of Derby, the club, as an empty glass. Nigel Clough had to wash out a load of s*** and actually began to make a decent tasting drink - potential, but not quite there yet. McClaren came in, fizzed up the drink with something fancy like Vimto or whatever you like. Then came Clement who basically added a load of water, made it more boring, Mel didn't like that. Entire Nigel Pearson who left the drink in the sun all summer then on the last day, topped it up with his own piss. GR is left with a glass of fizzy, watery piss that he needs to try and make into a nice drink again, not an easy task. (I know what you're thinking, what a fantastic analogy I have just presented you with).

So are you suggesting Derby currently tastes like Dr Pepper?

Rowett completely disrespected the back end of last season, "can't wait for the season to finish, "games were meaningless", "already made his mind up", "know what I want to do".

Is it unfair to do the same to his start to this season? His arrogance smelt of mouldy zan fish.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Think of Derby, the club, as an empty glass. Nigel Clough had to wash out a load of s*** and actually began to make a decent tasting drink - potential, but not quite there yet. McClaren came in, fizzed up the drink with something fancy like Vimto or whatever you like. Then came Clement who basically added a load of water, made it more boring, Mel didn't like that. Enter Nigel Pearson who left the drink in the sun all summer then on the last day, topped it up with his own piss. GR is left with a glass of fizzy, watery piss that he needs to try and make into a nice drink again, not an easy task. (I know what you're thinking, what a fantastic analogy I have just presented you with).

If you were to sum up Nigel Pearson's tenure in one analogy, this is it:lol:.

7 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I'm frustrated with Rowett, but sacking managers has got us to the position we are now in as a club. We lack any identity, any sense of direction and changing managers means we keep signing players that don't fit into other managers systems. We must stick with Rowett or face the same issues this club have been facing for the past 3 years. 

I agree he has to stay, we can’t keep making the same mistakes over and over again but in fairness to stoney he should be able to muster 11 players out of our squad that could deliver a little more entertainment than we have seen of late. Saturday was boring, wasn’t there tonight but it didn’t sound any better. The only way I can see Mel sacking him is if our attendences continue to dwindle. People won’t keep paying good money to be bored. It’s an entertainment business after all 

I don't want him gone but I am fearful for him, some tough fixtures coming up, we shouldn't be getting outplayed by the teams that we have been, and that's without playing some of the "big boys". With Mels track record I can see him losing patience very quickly.

24 minutes ago, stoneyram said:

thats up to mel not me , anybody with a footballing mind can see he is not good enough 

Very cowardly..... if you have a footballing mind, then you'd have a replacement 

I thought we were getting somewhere with the yanks & clough 

We stabilised, got rid of the large wage bill, had players in that wanted to play for the club & wanted to play football. We just missed that little sprinkle of magic & quality which big mac then brought with him & just missed out 

Then a fan with large pockets took over & has made a series of beered up knee jerk decisions which has nearly (but not quite) took us back ten years... we're one more bad appointment & a few large contracts away from replicating the genius of Paul Jewell 

perfomances havent been great but i just think we need to stick with Rowett & give him a transfer window or two to undo the spectacular work of the last three seasons we look a bit of a miss match of different systems 

Archived