Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

De Sart was brilliant at West Brom in the cup but struggled after that. Mascarell was excellent in the 5-0 v Wolves and in the 2-2 at Bournemouth, don't think either are bad players really.

They'd have been good together.

Abdoul Camara was never any good.

I can only remember one or two things Raul Albentosa ever did wrong, as much as I concede he didn't do much good either.

We were right to sell Ince and Hughes. The former always saw us as a stepping stone and we always knew what we were getting into. The lad was ambitious, that's one of his best qualities. We always knew he wasn't going to stick around very long if bigger chances came up. His ambition served us well and got us out of sticky situations when he was determined to not be on the losing side. Good luck to him. The latter was long overdue his chance and numerous managers and coaching staff failed to have an impact on his development. At times, we treated him like an asset that we would one day make a ton of money on instead of a human being who was one of our own.

Chris Martin is not fat. He is not fat. He just simply is not. He probably has one of the lowest body fat percentages at the club. He's heavy with muscle. He doesn't have a cast iron six pack because that's just not his body shape. His body shape is broad shoulders and chest muscles. If Chris Martin is fat, I'm Jabba the Hut. And I'm 9 stone soaking wet.

Andre Wisdom does push down the wings. Not as much as a Cyrus Christie or an Ikechi Anya but he helps out in attacks. The idea that he doesn't come over the halfway line is a myth that comes from the fact that he's sometimes played at centre half in his career. If Richard Keogh played Right Back, his charging runs would put left backs in hospital, possibly with WW1-esque shell shock. Consider this in your thoughts about Andre's attacking potential.

Jacob Butterfield doesn't just pass backwards. The stats don't back this up whatsoever. There are perfectly legitimate gripes you can have with JB but passing sideways/backwards is not one of them because it's not true.

Craig Forsyth is the most erratic crosser of a ball I've ever seen. He's known as "leadboots" to me and the guys I go to the games with. He used to have a tendency to drive down the wing and then smash a cross 40 foot over everyone's heads, at a million miles per hours, and out for a throw in. God bless old leadboots, it'll be a pleasure to see him pull on the shirt again.

The people who really bought into Clement were boring football hipsters who were fooled by his nice jumpers, nice interviews and pictures of him setting up cones next to Cristiano Ronaldo.

The football on the pitch was god awful, he signed off on some crap signings and while he probably deserved more time, I've never wondered about what could have been with him. I think he capitulated just as badly as any manager here has outside of Pearson.

13 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

100% agree.

For saying we play with 2 wide men our situation is woeful. We should have 3 very good players there at least and we have half of one in Johnny Russell. 

Wow. Imagine if the season had actually started.:lol:

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Try scoring without it :lol:

i wrote hugely overrated, not meaningless.  This tendency of considering the side with the far greater possession percentage being the better team on the day is just hogwash

13 hours ago, WestLondonRam said:

I Don't rate Shackell. Too old and slow. spent to much money on him and he's a waste of air.. 

12 hours ago, eddie said:

Thread violation...

You are supposed to post opinions that people will disagree with.

Careful. You might begin to look like one of those critical fans that get your goat.

10 hours ago, Moist One said:

our Premier League season in 2007/08 was nowhere near as "disgraceful" as people make out. There was lots of bad luck in that season and we could have easily won more points. In terms of performance, the following games, from memory, were not embarrassing:-

Portsmouth (h), Man City (a), Fulham (h), Fulham (a), Liverpool (h), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (h), Newcastle (a), Sunderland (a), Sunderland (h), Bolton (h), Bolton (a)

The only thing i remember from Liverpool at home (2-0 defeat?) was the sight of Fernando Torres running at Darren Moore, who was reversing so fast that he fell over.

that was embarrassing.

Brian Clough was an arrogant git.

I was on a night out with mates years back and we dropped into the Joiners arms in Quarndon, Cloughy came in with some hangers on and then came up to us and told us that we were sitting at his table and he wanted us to move. He was the forest manager at the time and soon found out that he wasn't talking to the normal polite customers that are regulars in that pub, needless to say, he and his cronies were left stood at the bar whilst we drank slower than we had all night.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The only thing i remember from Liverpool at home (2-0 defeat?) was the sight of Fernando Torres running at Darren Moore, who was reversing so fast that he fell over.

that was embarrassing.

I thought it was 0-1. McEveley kicked the ball out of Price's hands and it hit Gerrard's shin and went in. We should have had a foul about 5 seconds earlier. Aurelio hacked one of our players down, probably Barnes. Never even got shown on MOTD.

This forum is made up of a couple of thousand watchers but only  a handful of regular contributors who are arrogant enough to think the club actually listens to the drivel they write on here

4 minutes ago, superzak said:

This forum is made up of a couple of thousand watchers but only  a handful of regular contributors who are arrogant enough to think the club actually listens to the drivel they write on here

If I thought anyone meaningful gave the remotest toss I'd think a lot harder and not post what er happened to be in my brain at that moment.

9 minutes ago, superzak said:

odd that. Given that the owner and chairman has publicly mentioned more than once, that he reads this forum, AND given that on at least 2 occasions, members have been invited to Moor Farm to meet him, OH, and if you go to the Podcast section, you'll also know that the same owner/chairman visited our very own @David and @Srg and maybe @Alex W (but I'm not sure) and recorded a interview.

Maybe if you don't respect this forum, might be worth finding a different one. IN my opinion, we have a great cross-section, and diverse set of Derby fans with much differing outlooks and opinions, and Mel and the club not only "listen" (well, read) the drivel, but they respect it too.

Archived