Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'll just leave this here. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40878531

That's why I'm a Keogh fan! I love the bloke... he's no where near as bad as people make him out to be (I personally think he's quite good for our level) and genuinely wears the shirt with pride. I'd take 11 Keoghs any day, at least you know you're going to get effort and passion.

8 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

That's why I'm a Keogh fan! I love the bloke... he's no where near as bad as people make him out to be (I personally think he's quite good for our level) and genuinely wears the shirt with pride. I'd take 11 Keoghs any day, at least you know you're going to get effort and passion.

All good for you at the moment then, because our manager is setting us up to play as though we have 11 Keoghs. 

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Cracking finish yesterday, too. At least if we had 11 Keoghs we would see goals. 

Here we go then - This post will get an absolute pasting from pretty much everyone I think:

I don't actually think the individual players we have are that bad - I actually think each and every one of them is a potential top 6 player - The problem is we're consistently using them in the wrong way

Butterfield doesn't have the legs to play as an energetic CM - Yet keeps getting asked to play there - Either give him a free role where he can drift around - Or play him sitting deeper where he doesn't have to attack - He played excellently last season in the couple of games where he was allowed to just sit deep, not venture too far forward and play the ball around between the defence and attack

Johnson is a marauder - Stop him passing - Let him race around chasing the ball - In people's faces - keeping it simple - DO NOT stick him out on the wing

Wiemann and Russell - Looked okay for the first 20 mins on Saturday when they were slipping round the back of the wing backs from wide positions - Then suddenly they're being pulled inside and Wisdom/Forsyth are taking the wide roles - Must have been asked to as both started doing it at the same time

The major problem we have is the sheer number of managers/playing styles/formations we've bought players for in the last few years means we don't have any consistency in recruitment - It looks like Rowett has decided to prioritise defensive full-backs - In which case don't expect them to be able to attack one-one-one on the wings (a couple of times Wisdom looked confused in that situation) - And if you're playing a high-energy midfield then don't pick Butterfield

Either choose a formation which suits the players you have (probably tricky with the variety of styles we have) or pick the formation and choose the players you want - At the moment we're making decent players look bad by playing them in the wrong way!

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Here we go then - This post will get an absolute pasting from pretty much everyone I think:

I don't actually think the individual players we have are that bad - I actually think each and every one of them is a potential top 6 player - The problem is we're consistently using them in the wrong way

Butterfield doesn't have the legs to play as an energetic CM - Yet keeps getting asked to play there - Either give him a free role where he can drift around - Or play him sitting deeper where he doesn't have to attack - He played excellently last season in the couple of games where he was allowed to just sit deep, not venture too far forward and play the ball around between the defence and attack

Johnson is a marauder - Stop him passing - Let him race around chasing the ball - In people's faces - keeping it simple - DO NOT stick him out on the wing

Wiemann and Russell - Looked okay for the first 20 mins on Saturday when they were slipping round the back of the wing backs from wide positions - Then suddenly they're being pulled inside and Wisdom/Forsyth are taking the wide roles - Must have been asked to as both started doing it at the same time

The major problem we have is the sheer number of managers/playing styles/formations we've bought players for in the last few years means we don't have any consistency in recruitment - It looks like Rowett has decided to prioritise defensive full-backs - In which case don't expect them to be able to attack one-one-one on the wings (a couple of times Wisdom looked confused in that situation) - And if you're playing a high-energy midfield then don't pick Butterfield

Either choose a formation which suits the players you have (probably tricky with the variety of styles we have) or pick the formation and choose the players you want - At the moment we're making decent players look bad by playing them in the wrong way!

You're right. But its easier to say "name of player" is simply not good enough, get rid.

It is one reason I dont think we need mass new signings - i do however think Rorwtt needs to get enough out of them until the team evolves.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

You're right. But its easier to say "name of player" is simply not good enough, get rid.

It is one reason I dont think we need mass new signings - i do however think Rorwtt needs to get enough out of them until the team evolves.

I was saying at the start of pre-season when he seemed to be wanting to play 4-2-3-1 that we have the players for both systems - He just seems to have chosen the wrong ones for 4-3-3 - And asked them to play in the wrong way

4-3-3 needs to be high energy - So play Johnson and Bryson in the middle and get the running all game

4-2-3-1 needs to CMs to sit and hold position - Not even necessarily tacklers - But posiotionally aware - So have Butterfield sit next to Huddlestone

At the moment I have a worry that Rowett has said "This is my first 11" rather than saying "This is the 11 I'll need for this specific game" - It's a squad game these days and the ability to adapt is crucial

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I get that, but on the other hand, giving a team two games and if its duff its ditched hasn't led to consistent performance either.

Personally I think the fitness of vydra and bryson is affecting the selection more than the on field efforts.

I don't think that's the way forward either though - As much as everyone suggests we need a consistent starting line up - I don't think that's true - You need a consistent defence and a more fluid approach to attack

I'm not suggesting "try something and ditch it if it doesn't work" I'm saying we need to adapt our approach for each game

Archived