Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I was too young to remember much of Willie. If he was better than Archie he must have been a world class player. I would put Archie up there with the best. 

Willie was indeed a fantastic player.  TBH there was not a lot between Willie and Archie but I would tend to lean towards Willie being the better player too.  

As soon as we signed him we shot up the league and won Div 2 at a canter....thanks to Willie.

The Baseball ground was an embarrassment at the end and a potential death trap for years before that

Robbie Savage did a superb job for Rams once Nigel brought him back into the fold

Nottingham is a great place and the vast overwhelming majority of Forest fans are decent folk 

There is no point in getting promoted unless we have a decent chance of staying there

The views on this forum represent a tiny, tiny percentage of Rams fans and are in no way representative of Derby fans as a whole 

We were incredibly unlucky to lose to QPR that day and our performance made me the proudest from a Rams team in many a year 

The DET and Radio Derby do a good job for our club

Every Rams fan I know, without exception, was delighted by the appointment of Nigel Pearson. 

Mel is doing a brilliant job at Derby and I dread to think where we would be without him 

We will do well to get into the top ten this season 

Many Rams fans embarrass me whenever I go to watch us away from home 

Pride Park is fantastic and my favourite ground of the 40 or so I have been to 

Our best player in the last 15 years was Idiakez 

3 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Willie was indeed a fantastic player.  TBH there was not a lot between Willie and Archie but I would tend to lean towards Willie being the better player too.  

As soon as we signed him we shot up the league and won Div 2 at a canter....thanks to Willie.

Willie practically invented the art of running down the clock by the corner flag. We used to call it his 'mystery tour'.

Being a fan of the club does not make anyone a more successful owner and immune to criticism. 

Pride Park might be a library but it is a quality well maintained stadium.

Morten Bisgaard was criminally underrated.

14 hours ago, sage said:

Bradley Johnson is the worst midfielder at the club.

Bradley Johnson will prove in a Rams shirt why Norwich fans voted him  Poty by scoring important goals throughout the remainder of his  career here

Hes going to smash Forest this year for starters 

12 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Bradley Johnson will prove in a Rams shirt why Norwich fans voted him  Poty by scoring important goals throughout the remainder of his  career here

Hes going to smash Forest this year for starters 

This argument always takes me back to a farewell article written about him.

http://www.thelittleyellowbirdproject.co.uk/articles/2015/9/1/farewell-bradley-johson

His POTS win was sentimental as much as it was down to him. 

Supporters who go 'wheeeeeeey' when they think the ball is about to go out of play from a bad pass only for it to be recovered by the opposition team in a threatening area are morons.

Supporters staring/pointing/shouting at the opposition's fans whilst the ball is in play are also morons.

Sitting (or standing, or squatting, or whatever) at 'an end' gives you a really s**** view of proceedings due to a poor depth of field and makes your opinions on the performance less educated and less accurate than that of those sat at the side with a better overview of the pitch. 

I may be overegging that third point for effect / blatantly trolling :D

28 minutes ago, cannable said:

This argument always takes me back to a farewell article written about him.

http://www.thelittleyellowbirdproject.co.uk/articles/2015/9/1/farewell-bradley-johson

His POTS win was sentimental as much as it was down to him. 

The thing is I can see why fans like him, he's all towering headers, thundering shots and big challenges. He makes for a cracking highlights reel but ultimately he's just too poor on the ball to play in the centre of midfield. 

With that said I think he could potentially be effective if you attempt to bypass him in buildup play completely. Let him clatter players when we are out of possession and when in possession tell him just to go get in the box where he is a genuine threat. I think you can only really do this though if he plays as part of  three man midfield or if he plays on the left of a 4 like he did at Norwich when he won POTY. 

Archived