Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Colm said:

Ninos and Toddy? :ph34r:

I think most people know it's a wind up, but as I've said before because this is a public forum then if it's not challenged then it will soon become 'the truth' (as in its not the truth, but people will read it, see it's unchallenged and start to think there is something in it). It's similar to how all other silly rumours start, but they start to gain traction after time and people believe them.

Robbie Savage was useless, waving the scarf at the City Ground did not make him a legend.

Can imagine him being a lovely guy, great character in the dressing room but on the pitch, for us at least, useless.

I never thought Paul Thirlwell was as bad as people made out. Same goes for Manel...also Pierre Ducrocq. 

If we had given Nigel Clough the time it's taken us to go through Mclaren, Clement, Wassell, Pearson, Mclaren and Rowett we would probably be promoted and on better financial footing (and yes probably relegated too)

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Simon Dawkins was a better linking midfielder than any of our current lot who cost £20m plus.

Vydra will go down as one of our worst ever signings when considering his value and output.

Agreed on Dawkins, one of the most technically gifted players we've seen in recent years. Vydra, I see where your coming from but I think he has a chance of turning it around IF he is paired with Martin.

5 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

I'd be far more excited to see Steve McClaren manage our current squad than Gary Rowett.

Hate the disrespect some people show him and Cloughy, they're the two most important managers we've had in the past 10/15 years in my eyes.

McClaren basically got done in for over-performing with an average squad and when he couldn't keep it up it he's the one who got the sack, despite the fact he only had one January window to sort out the mess of a squad.

He kept us competitive when that season could have fallen off a cliff. Hughes and Martin signed new contracts and Ince had a great season. We've got Martin back at the club, we'd have had to sell Hughes for way less if he hadn't signed and we got the right amount of money for Ince.

I like Rowett a lot, I'm perfectly happy with him as manager and I think he'll do well but McClaren has partly set us up for success this season.

I think McClaren would have got us playing really well this term if he'd had Huddlestone, Davies and Martin in particular.

Pretty much completely agree with and would just add I have not once got excited by the thought of a Rowett tenure (not because he isn't a good manager but because I think we are in for some drab "effective" football).

• We would never have got promoted under Nigel Clough... unless we got relegated first (but we wouldn't have been relegated under him either!)
  • We WILL not get promoted whilst Keogh is a mainstay in the team as his decision making and performances in the BIG games are at the opposite end of the spectrum to someone like David Nugent (big performances at the right time)
  • I was hoping nobody beat me to it... but Billy Davies is our best manager in the last 20 years, and is the scapegoat for a "questionable" board of directors.
  • Steve McClaren is our best manager in the last 10 years. He never got a proper transfer window with decent financial backing in either of his spells as manager.
  • Will Hughes won't be missed. We never saw him realise any serious potential and he was far too ineffective on the outcome of games for his reputation.
  • local ownership is NOT an advantage.

I think Will Hughes grew (in as much growing as he's done, I accept hes still young) into an overrated player.

I don't like Johnny Russell as a footballer and I'm not that fond of Bryson either.

I really enjoy being in the Championship.

I like Leeds.

Richard Keogh is *probably* the best centre back we've had at the club in my time watching (I was 8 in 2000)

I liked Paul Clement.

I have other points that I *think* are unpopular but I suspect that is just my cynical view of you lot. Bunch of nutters.

Archived