Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Sheer fantasy and pure speculation on your behalf,just becouse some one pays you to be a footballer doesnt mean you are one ??

Just because you pay to watch football, doesn't mean you know football :D:D

1) We aren't good enough for promotion as it stands.

2) 90% of the players we've brought to the club have significantly got worse, namely Butterfield, Johnson, Shackell, Blackman, Vydra (although he was already on a downward spiral), Anya...etc. I don't mean these are bad players, but they've gotten worse since being at the club. I'd advise that it isn't all be down to the players - something is amiss. 

3) I'm yet to see a player significantly improve under Rowett. 

4) I like the fact that Morris doesn't dwell on decisions for too long. He has been hammered for 'too many managers' but in all cases, I feel like he's had good reason to make a change. I believe the only wrong sacking he's made is McClaren the first time round. I guess he was too proud to have the manager be open to a Premier League job. Nevertheless, any manager we have that does well will be open to the same speculation. 

5) The transfer market, overall, has been appalling for us this summer. We've made good signings, solid signings. I just feel like we've under-estimated the market, particularly when selling our own players. Ince & Hughes went early on, when I feel like we would have been better waiting to see what the situation was like further down the line. The 'replacements' we've targeted seem to have for them have also caught us unaware to exactly what their club thinks is the going rate for them. 

6) I guess this contradicts point 2 slightly, but the scouting we do on players is borderline incompetent. 

Think the DCFC shop is bang average and sells mostly uninspiring mediocre merchandise.

Steve Mac should never have been allowed back.

Think Billy Davies was made a scape goat

Kinklanze was well past his sell by date whilst with us.

Not one player in the squad,i would want to take my grandkids to see and for them to be able to say in the future i once saw so and so,what a great player.

Nugent is an ok player. He used to be a good player. 

He hasn't performed as well as many suggest, his hard work just stood out after half a season of Bent. 

He isn't good enough to be in the starting line up of a top 6 team.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

I was too young to remember much of Willie. If he was better than Archie he must have been a world class player. I would put Archie up there with the best. 

So would I.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

1) We aren't good enough for promotion as it stands.

2) 90% of the players we've brought to the club have significantly got worse, namely Butterfield, Johnson, Shackell, Blackman, Vydra (although he was already on a downward spiral), Anya...etc. I don't mean these are bad players, but they've gotten worse since being at the club. I'd advise that it isn't all be down to the players - something is amiss. 

3) I'm yet to see a player significantly improve under Rowett. 

4) I like the fact that Morris doesn't dwell on decisions for too long. He has been hammered for 'too many managers' but in all cases, I feel like he's had good reason to make a change. I believe the only wrong sacking he's made is McClaren the first time round. I guess he was too proud to have the manager be open to a Premier League job. Nevertheless, any manager we have that does well will be open to the same speculation. 

5) The transfer market, overall, has been appalling for us this summer. We've made good signings, solid signings. I just feel like we've under-estimated the market, particularly when selling our own players. Ince & Hughes went early on, when I feel like we would have been better waiting to see what the situation was like further down the line. The 'replacements' we've targeted seem to have for them have also caught us unaware to exactly what their club thinks is the going rate for them. 

6) I guess this contradicts point 2 slightly, but the scouting we do on players is borderline incompetent. 

There's definitely some sort of curse that makes a lot of players we sign become worse, thought it for years.

Archived