Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, whitefieldram said:

Zamora's goal was all Fozzy's and Bucko's fault for getting done like kippers in about a yard of space.

People obsess about that goal we conceded because of the timing of it.

The fact that we couldn't score with 30+ minutes against 10 men has a) been forgotten and b) more damning to the team. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Robbie Savage was and still is and underrated footballer. People get caught up remembering his antics, but he played his role well in the rebuilding seasons under Clough. He took the pressure off the young team Clough was assembling, was a good influence around the dressing room and was actually a decent passer of the ball.

this thread is about unpopular opinions, not shocking mistruths. Yes he was underrated, but had already declined by the time he arrived here. He never got near the ball and his direct opponent was invariably man of the match. He was ineffective and mostly (apart from the first handful of games when NC re-introduced him to the team) ill-disciplined positionally. He didn't have the pace or fitness to go roaming all around the pitch. He spent 3 seasons chasing shadows, and backpasses to the oppo keeper, to look busy

30 minutes ago, Moist One said:

this thread is about unpopular opinions, not shocking mistruths. Yes he was underrated, but had already declined by the time he arrived here. He never got near the ball and his direct opponent was invariably man of the match. He was ineffective and mostly (apart from the first handful of games when NC re-introduced him to the team) ill-disciplined positionally. He didn't have the pace or fitness to go roaming all around the pitch. He spent 3 seasons chasing shadows, and backpasses to the oppo keeper, to look busy

Everyone's allowed an unpopular opinion.

2 minutes ago, ReyDCFC said:

I don't see how this is unpopular 

There's a lot of wearers of rose tinted spectacle concerning the Graham Richards era of commentary. Combined with a lot of (imo unjustified) criticism of the Dawes/Ramage (@OwenB87 not so much but then he is one of us). I did grow up with and enjoyed the Graham Richards commentary but I still prefer the current team. Plus Graham Richards wasn't even a Derby fan...

2 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

There's a lot of wearers of rose tinted spectacle concerning the Graham Richards era of commentary. Combined with a lot of (imo unjustified) criticism of the Dawes/Ramage (@OwenB87 not so much but then he is one of us). I did grow up with and enjoyed the Graham Richards commentary but I still prefer the current team. Plus Graham Richards wasn't even a Derby fan...

I can see where you come from with Ramage but I don't think that Ed is all that bad

On 08/09/2017 at 16:10, Bris Vegas said:

Simon Dawkins was a better linking midfielder than any of our current lot who cost £20m plus.

Vydra will go down as one of our worst ever signings when considering his value and output.

A like for the Dawkins comment. He was class. Vydra will come good.

Great footballer but there was no one else like it for sucking all the joy and love out of any game/season. Technnically I suppose the term would be "incubus" but I think it's got a better ring simply to say "succubus". I could not stand listening to him. Even when we appeared almost mathematical certainties for automatic promotion, he was doubting we'd sneak into the playoffs.

Edit: this was meant to be quoting @RadioactiveWastesaying "I'd like Ted Mcminn back in that role."

Archived