Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

8 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Hidden post "will need to approved by a moderator" 

What's that about then  ?‍♂️ 

We have a filter to stop certain words, phrases and twitter wums on the forum. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So we can't even have a giggle at Bazza's output now then? Say it ain't so... ?

Why would you want the tweets stinking the place out? Also don't want his rubbish to be spread. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quick suggestion...

I've been reading the Rooney thread on and off throughout the day and noticed several pleas to not post those pictures.  Not everyone reads through pages and pages of posts to catch up with a thread and might feel harshly done receiving a warning for posting pics that aren't that bad tbh.  

Is there an option or plugin that sends you a pop-up when opening the thread for the first time or pins a post to the top of each page that warns people?  I know you mods are power crazy ? but no one really wants to go around handing out warning points to people that might accidentally fall foul of a forum breach for posting something they think is a bit amusing.

11 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Quick suggestion...

I've been reading the Rooney thread on and off throughout the day and noticed several pleas to not post those pictures.  Not everyone reads through pages and pages of posts to catch up with a thread and might feel harshly done receiving a warning for posting pics that aren't that bad tbh.  

Is there an option or plugin that sends you a pop-up when opening the thread for the first time or pins a post to the top of each page that warns people?  I know you mods are power crazy ? but no one really wants to go around handing out warning points to people that might accidentally fall foul of a forum breach for posting something they think is a bit amusing.

I can put a notice up that shows to more members, but we’ll see how it plays out first, usually the last resort. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Quick question: why was the forum changed so that the number of posts is displayed under usernames, as opposed to the number of posts alongside the number of likes/upvotes?

There was a software update that removed it and introduced a new achievement based system that I haven’t activated as yet.

8 minutes ago, David said:

There was a software update that removed it and introduced a new achievement based system that I haven’t activated as yet.

Why did it remove it? I don't personally think that the sheer quantity of posts is a good metric by which users should be differentiated 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Why did it remove it? I don't personally think that the sheer quantity of posts is a good metric by which users should be differentiated 

As I say, the developers brought out a new achievement based system which is meant to replace it, but I’m not a huge fan at all so haven’t activated it as yet. 

They pulled the code to show the count under your profile pic, it’s not there for me to simply turn on or off. 

Why? Not a question I can answer, that’s for the software developers

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Quick question: why was the forum changed so that the number of posts is displayed under usernames, as opposed to the number of posts alongside the number of likes/upvotes?

I clicked on your profile, and you seem to have received far more reactions than you have given out!

Does that mean that you write excellent posts - or that you don't value everyone else (joke)!

In any case, your profile has a massive green box with a reputation score - which is a number. I presume that it is a big score, but I haven't a clue!

You are right about the number of posts, though. It is a helpful indicator.

I have looked up my reputation. I cannot remember yours, but I think that mine is far far, far smaller.

And I have received far fewer reactions than I have given. 

So, I can conclude, that you must be an excellent poster of posts, that people enjoy and appreciate.

My second conclusion is that I don't think I'll bother looking at the reputation thingie for anyone again!