Forum Issues

David
Message added by David,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Sage is right, that’s 5 people following the forum.

You can follow a forum or topic and receive notifications on the forum or via email when a reply or topic has been made.

Ignore Boycie. We all do.

Thanks. I knew about the notifications but didn't understand the number alongside the follow, as I knew that I wasn't following any thread.

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

How come when I tap on a twitter link posted on the forum it just disappears as opposed to opening the link ?

Anyone else had a similar experience?

An embedded tweet? Can you link the topic where this is happening to check?

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Getting additional adds when entering a topic. Is this new for the forum or something on my iPad?

DD21BFCB-18DF-483D-A95A-B1D3494B42C4.png

I don't think you should be getting pop up ads. I'm sure @David will have a look when he is on next.

38 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Only seems to happen when I log on again and only when I access the first topic I choose. ??‍♂️

I've a vague memory of David saying that he has options of what types of ads appear and these pop ups shouldn't be appearing. Is it just that one or are there more, as I believe they can be blocked from the site. 

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm getting these as well. Only mine are about greenhouses! ?

Same as above. 

Same here.

Only the past few days.

Seems to be the first time I click on "Unread items", then no more for that session.

Same happens again next session (I don't log out).

Don't recall it happening this morning though, about an hour ago?

No problem either way, as it's a quick click, and all is gone.

Ok, Google routinely run experiments, that I wasn’t aware of which the latest one basically put full screen adverts up. 

I cancelled the experiment, you shouldn’t see anymore now.

If you do see anything like that again, shout up. We will never knowingly have pop ups, full screen or redirect ads on the forum.

A minor annoyance but I think this only happens on my iPhone: When I tap "next page" on a thread, it seems to have started sending me to the bottom of the next page, rather than the top - so I have to scroll to the top each time.

• 1 month later...