Ince's Replacement

sage

Ince's replacement  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ibe - Unrealistic. Not a regular at Bournemouth but they won't want him dropping him down.

Jota - Should be number one target. Fear he will cost a fortune though.

McCleary - Too old. Reading would make us pay over the odds too.

McManaman - Not good enough.

Boyd - Most likely. Wouldn't be against him either. Won't find a player who fits Rowett's ethos more.

Lawrence - I watched him regularly last season (I live in Ipswich and go to most of their home games), and he's very similar to Ince. Ince is a better player but with a bit of work he can be the real deal. Oh, and Leicester are reportedly asking for only £1.5m.

Judge - Don't want to risk a player who missed the whole of last season.

2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

The prospect of Lawrence is hardly an exciting one. Think we can do better, especially with the transfer wedge we have.

Could he perform at a big club like Derby with all the pressure on him, Jota, Boyd or no one

When GR says he will replace him with someone very, very good, I didn't take that as necesarilly meaning someone in the same position (particularly given his comment that we have 5-6 wingers). More that we'll replace him with someone who can score 15 goals and get assists.

So I think he may "replace" him with an attacking midfielder and just deploy Russell on the right (given he rates Russell)

23 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Scary s**t if we are placing all or hope in Russell and Anya.

Finding Ince' goals is the only issue- now we have Martin back with a very good nugent and a Vydra who may well link up well with Martin 

1 hour ago, RamBamFan said:

Ibe - Unrealistic. Not a regular at Bournemouth but they won't want him dropping him down.

Jota - Should be number one target. Fear he will cost a fortune though.

McCleary - Too old. Reading would make us pay over the odds too.

McManaman - Not good enough.

Boyd - Most likely. Wouldn't be against him either. Won't find a player who fits Rowett's ethos more.

Lawrence - I watched him regularly last season (I live in Ipswich and go to most of their home games), and he's very similar to Ince. Ince is a better player but with a bit of work he can be the real deal. Oh, and Leicester are reportedly asking for only £1.5m.

Judge - Don't want to risk a player who missed the whole of last season.

Judge despite missing the whole of last season is a player I'd take a speculative punt on if we could get him for a cut price and it looked like he was getting back to fitness. Personally think he is one of the best players in the division.

If there's a gap its in centre mid.....

Carson / mitchell

wisdom / christie

forsyth / olsson

davies / baird

pearce / shackell

thorne / butterfield

Bryson /  ?

johnson / ?

russell / bennett

martin / nugent

anya / weimann

plus

vydra, blackman, lowe, rawson, hanson

( even assuming keogh goes)

5 hours ago, Ramble On said:

With Rowetts wording of the replacement being a very talented player, were those the words he used?

Anyway, Wisdom coming back paves more of a way for Ibe to come back.

Was he getting a game towards the end of the season? Loan with a view to a permanent maybe.

Not sure where the Ibe theory comes from, other than he had a loan spell at DCFC. He has since progressed his career at a higher level. 

Archived