Ince's Replacement

sage

Ince's replacement  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Rowetts wording of the replacement being a very talented player, were those the words he used?

Anyway, Wisdom coming back paves more of a way for Ibe to come back.

Was he getting a game towards the end of the season? Loan with a view to a permanent maybe.

Hard to say without knowing which system Rowett will primarily go with next season. If we play a 4-2-3-1, the prime candidate has to be Jota. If we go with something more like a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1, we'll want wingers who provide more width and pace down the flanks.

If we spend the £11m on Jota and Tom Lawrence (to play on the right and left hand side of a 4-2-3-1) I'll be very happy.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Hard to say without knowing which system Rowett will primarily go with next season. If we play a 4-2-3-1, the prime candidate has to be Jota. If we go with something more like a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1, we'll want wingers who provide more width and pace down the flanks.

If we spend the £11m on Jota and Tom Lawrence (to play on the right and left hand side of a 4-2-3-1) I'll be very happy.

Lawrence could be a good shout. Hadn't thought of that, on the lines of talent with GR.

I'd rather some exciting right-footed winger from abroad that we've never heard of.

From your limited list I've voted Ibe (loan).

I just can't see Jota leaving Brentford for anything other than Premier League football and he'd cost all of what we're getting for Ince.

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

My biggest fear is that Gary Rowett sees Ince's replacement as being one of Johnny Russell, Andreas Weimann or Ikechi Anya.

I dont mind turning to Russell again to play on the right, he's demonstrably more effective there than on the left and I'd back him to have a decent season but itd make it imperative to bring in somebody of Ince' quality on the left.

Mentioned this in the Ince thread, but I'll repeat it here. I'm reserving judgement on the Ince deal thus far. For the fee we're supposedly getting (up to 11m) then it's acceptable, but it's towards the lower end of what I would consider acceptable for a player of Ince's quality.

For me, the replacement(s) are the key to whether I am happy with the deal or not. I want to see this money go towards two new wingers ideally. I would keep Russell and one other. Bring in two and loan/sell Weimann and Blackman with the option to recall either in January. That way we have four wingers, plus the potential to replace any injuries for free in January.

I'm interested to see which winger(s) we go for seeing as GR has said it's going to be a very good player. He's also hinted at it being another club's best players, although the names banded about so far are mostly just guesses/hopeful suggestions.

If we did end up signing Jota and Lawrence/Ibe/Watkins, then I'd be happy. Ideally, if Ince goes and I could choose our four wingers at the club from the realistic names mentioned so far, I would say Jota, Lawrence, Russell and Watkins would give us a much better level of quality, although it's not what I'm expecting. 

Have to say i'm surprised with the amount of people suggesting Jota. He's premier league bound whether it be this summer or next summer for free. He won't go to another championship side from Brentford. As long as GR doesn't see any current winger in the club as a replacement for Ince we'll be fine. A marquee signing would be brilliant for this club to get the fans going. 

Gareth McCleary wouldn't be a marquee signing but it would be a very shrewd signing at this level. Can be very very dangerous at this level and also very hard working. 

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

The prospect of Lawrence is hardly an exciting one. Think we can do better, especially with the transfer wedge we have.

In fairness most of the people I've seen suggesting Lawrence have had him tagged onto another more marquee signing.

GR surely must have someone lined up but has I've stated in other threads nothing will surprise me in who we sell and who we bring in. I think we are all trying to guess if there will be a like for like however I really don't know what system GR is planning. 

Whos to say GR is actually looking for a winger. He may play Bradley Johnson out left and buy someone like him out on the right in a four man midfield. 

Bloody hell Gary I hope you have a plan, to sell your top goal scorer and your most prized asset within a week is very dangerous. Yes we was asking for change but them two were at the bottom of the get rid list. 

However I won't judge yet but please be aware one bad result and well your dream job may turn into a nightmare. 

10 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I hope so. Market seems a bit dead right now. Don't see many players in that area who could seriously improve us. Guess it just depends on the system we play 

I guess the hope is we bring in two players for that money who improve the team as a whole, even if neither are as individually as good as ince.

Archived