Ince's Replacement

sage

Ince's replacement  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed his contributions, clearly has some special skills, but we don't need a replacement for Ince

Keep trimming the numbers Gary, at least four more to go. 

Still leaves us with a great squad, with loads of really good players, opportunities for youth and a much better togetherness around the club.

Milot Rashica is a very talented player, with the sort of flair Ince gives us, and only 21 this month. Unbelievably fast, clever with the ball at his feet, but with a real eye for a cross. True winger, similar to Dortmund's Dembele, in that he gets to the byeline and delivers a low hard cross on a plate for the attacker or a number 10 on the edge of the box. Seems to speak good English too, presumably as he's a Kosovan playing in the Dutch leagues. Vitesse missed out on European football too, though still may seem a bit of a drop down.

It's a very, very difficult selection process but Rowett seems to know who he wants. I just wonder, given 10 minutes of his time and a cup of tea, just how enthusiastic I would be about these 'players'. 

I don't see many of them being realistic, especially if we're looking to cut our cloth. The names I've seen are likely to cost as much as Ince, if not more. Now, I wouldn't mind seeing us invest money in someone who will have a good resale value. For example, Ryan Fraser, Ollie Burke, Jacob Murphy, Che Adams...etc, however, I don't know how realistic these names are. 

Ultimately, we could gamble on someone from the lower leagues/abroad, but we've effectively took 20 goals out of the team and an ever-present member of the squad. Ince was always available for selection, very rarely injured or out with a niggle, which is incredibly rare for a winger and will be hard to replace. 

14 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

Milot Rashica is a very talented player, with the sort of flair Ince gives us, and only 21 this month. Unbelievably fast, clever with the ball at his feet, but with a real eye for a cross. True winger, similar to Dortmund's Dembele, in that he gets to the byeline and delivers a low hard cross on a plate for the attacker or a number 10 on the edge of the box. Seems to speak good English too, presumably as he's a Kosovan playing in the Dutch leagues. Vitesse missed out on European football too, though still may seem a bit of a drop down.

I think would be a winger too far.

Archived