Ince's Replacement

sage

Ince's replacement  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, David said:

Man City paid £12m for Patrick Roberts, willing to sell but want to recoup as much as possible.

Roberts wants to play football.

Celtic want him but SPL money is tight.

Straight up choice Derby or Celtic, we don't stand a chance. If we're the only club willing to meet the valuation, why not give it a whirl.

Tell you what he looks good, very good. 

I'd take him on loan and if we get promoted, buy him then.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but Russell taking up Inces position the right wing could be a good replacement. 

He is good cutting inside onto his left foot and he has never looked over comfortable playing on the left wing. 

Thinking back to Russell's goal against Huddersfield when we won 2-0, that's the sort of thing I expect when I see him playing on the right wing. Think Russell could chip in well. 

I agree Russell plays better on the right but he's too hot and cold. I will say that when he does he play well, he's one of the best players in the league. Unfortunately we only see that for about five games and then he struggles for six months.

4 hours ago, Topram said:

Chip in well with another 2 goals?? Replacing Ince with Russell is like going out with Michelle Keegan and replacing her with Susan Boyle

The point I'm making is that if he plays on the right hand side where he appears stronger and is recently vacated by Ince, then he can score some goals.

I'd love to see us go in for some loans. Lookman of Everton and Ojo of Liverpool would both perform well at this level. I think it has been to our detriment that we haven't utilized the loan market well of late.

13 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

The point I'm making is that if he plays on the right hand side where he appears stronger and is recently vacated by Ince, then he can score some goals.

He would score goals from the left if he actually decided to get into the box instead of hanging back waiting for the clearance out which is what he does so often.

Got to be in there to score. The great players don't hang back...

14 minutes ago, Mazzy28 said:

What about Ryan Fraser? Only starting from bench most games and would probably only cost around the Ince fee. Looked really good when got the chance last season at Bournemouth. 

He's a regular at Bournemouth now. 

7 hours ago, K-Ram said:

I'd love to see us go in for some loans. Lookman of Everton and Ojo of Liverpool would both perform well at this level. I think it has been to our detriment that we haven't utilized the loan market well of late.

Ojo is apparently off to Newcastle. Lookman could be a possibility. Think Everton will be looking to give him a chance though.

Johnny Russell in all competitions.

13/14: 

Games - 43 Goals - 9 Assists - 1

14/15:

Games - 47 Goals - 8 Assists - 15

15/16:

Games - 50 Goals - 10 Assists - 11

16/17:

Games - 40 Goals - 2 Assists - 4

One bad season in four while JR has been a Derby County player. Seriously don't think he should be ruled out especially as he's still only 27. A player clearly capable of getting double figures in goals and assists and people judge him on a season where we have had 3 'permanent' managers and loaned our star striker out to Fulham. I would be more than happy to see Johnny as one of our starting wingers next season.

52 minutes ago, lee_derby said:

saying on fl transfers that we are to make a formal bid for jota.

dont know how to insert the tweet properly. we are upping the bid for joe ledgly and ince at medical for hudds tomorrow ?dont know how reliable

Ledley is a free agent, how will we up the bid? 

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Ledley is a free agent, how will we up the bid? 

Upping the wages 'bid' ?

1 hour ago, lee_derby said:

dont know how to insert the tweet properly. we are upping the bid for joe ledgly and ince at medical for hudds tomorrow ?dont know how reliable

We have a content filter to block that account. Bunch of trolls on the wind up.

1 hour ago, lee_derby said:

Lol. 

Bid for Ledley just LOL. :lol:

Archived