Signed: Curtis Davies - 2 year + 1 (option), undisclosed fee

DEL

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really pleased with this - he's a very good player and a steal at that fee.  I'm confident he'll improve us and hope we see him with Keogh.

I think 2 years is bang on as well, hopefully we've seen the end to long, comfortable contracts.  Or it could just be due to his age.  

Just now, Kinder said:

Really pleased with this - he's a very good player and a steal at that fee.  I'm confident he'll improve us and hope we see him with Keogh.

I think 2 years is bang on as well, hopefully we've seen the end to long, comfortable contracts.  Or it could just be due to his age.  

Rowett working his magic already,£500k is an absolute bargain

BOO.  To soon?

In all seriousness, a very good player at this level and for the price hes an absolute steal!  More importantly imo he's a first team player not a squad filler.  Hope to see some more players arrive that actually improve on what we already have.

Nice interview as well, straight up, honest and intelligent.  Welcome to Derby :)

10 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Straight away Davies is talking promotion, talking top two.

Not sure that's possible with the current squad.

Has he been told about other signings that are imminent? 

Why?

We'll sign plenty more and having Thorne, Martin and Forsyth back will strengthen us further, GR knows what we lack and I think we'll be pushing for the top two.

Now im far happier with signing than being linked with players like Flint and Hanley. The price is right...the player is far better...great deal. Well done Gary Rowett. £5m for players like Flint and Hanley is ridiculous. They are no better than what we have. Curtis Davies IS better than what we have.

Curtis Davies is 32 and trust me, since he hit 30, it shows. Steve Bruce lost faith in him, Mike Phelan had no choice but to use him and Marco Silva avoided him. He is now prone to pulling up with injuries after stretching. He'll limp on, because at heart he is not a quitter, and he's a great player with a good footballing brain, but he is nowhere near the player he was. He's free transfer material now, so any money to Hull is a good deal for them. I'd be surprised if he is a regular starter, and even more surprised if he lasts two years, never mind a third option year. Hull would have replaced him anyway, so he's gone looking for one last pay cheque, and found it at Derby. 

9 minutes ago, Kingston said:

Curtis Davies is 32 and trust me, since he hit 30, it shows. Steve Bruce lost faith in him, Mike Phelan had no choice but to use him and Marco Silva avoided him. He is now prone to pulling up with injuries after stretching. He'll limp on, because at heart he is not a quitter, and he's a great player with a good footballing brain, but he is nowhere near the player he was. He's free transfer material now, so any money to Hull is a good deal for them. I'd be surprised if he is a regular starter, and even more surprised if he lasts two years, never mind a third option year. Hull would have replaced him anyway, so he's gone looking for one last pay cheque, and found it at Derby. 

You come across as a bit bitter :ph34r:. Most Hull fans are saying he will be a massive loss. If anyone can get the best out of him, it's Rowett who made Ryan Shotton look like a world beater!!

15 minutes ago, Kingston said:

Well you weren't likely to come on here and tell us how wonderful he is and what a loss he will be to you, we're you? 

Just stinks of bitterness pal, he's a very good player. 

We've had your pants down for £500,000 just like we had you pants down with Ince who, by the way your lot told us was terrible, rubbish, awful but is probably our best player and one of the best outside the premier league. 

Thanks for Davies, he'll be a real asset to us. 

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Pearce move on, once upon a time he was Readings captain and I suspect he won't want another season warming the bench playing second fiddle. 

Think he will want a fresh challenge and I don't blame him, best for all parties  

Archived