Signed: Curtis Davies - 2 year + 1 (option), undisclosed fee

DEL

2 hours ago, Kingston said:

Curtis Davies is 32 and trust me, since he hit 30, it shows. Steve Bruce lost faith in him, Mike Phelan had no choice but to use him and Marco Silva avoided him. He is now prone to pulling up with injuries after stretching. He'll limp on, because at heart he is not a quitter, and he's a great player with a good footballing brain, but he is nowhere near the player he was. He's free transfer material now, so any money to Hull is a good deal for them. I'd be surprised if he is a regular starter, and even more surprised if he lasts two years, never mind a third option year. Hull would have replaced him anyway, so he's gone looking for one last pay cheque, and found it at Derby. 

5c575fd405a867bf818bbc5030ae6216.jpg

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Fabio Capello was the one put Davies in initially 30 man squad at the time then did not make 23 man squad. 

He did say last September that he's not going to give up with this England call up. Fair play to the lad. 

Just now, Derby_Dean said:

No word if a lie, just seen Grant Hanley in Debenhams, also I reckon Rowett should put in a 5 mil bid for Nathan Redmond, also a 3 mil bid for Salamon Rondon, they would both be good additions to the squad.

How on earth do you think we'll get those two, regular premier league starters, let alone for 3 or 5 million? For Redmond you're looking at 20-25 million and Rondon probably 15-20 million.

19 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Cutting down the wage bill ❌

Bringing down the age of the squad ❌

Players hungry to prove themselves ❌

We can't be supposedly about this and then sign someone like 32 year old Curtis Davies.

While I was clearly critical yesterday, he does match a different criteria that a lot of us have been talking about for our defence

Height ✅

Mobility ✅

Physicality ✅

What I really wanted was a defender with the defensive capabilities of a Shackell/Pearce but with more mobility and ability to move the ball quickly. Davies has all that and can move the ball out much better than the other two, on top of being the sort of character that was captain age 20.

Add to that the fee is only 500k and not a couple of million, he becomes a good signing.

Just now, Derby_Dean said:

Seen Grant Hanley in Derby with his mate, also I heard Southampton are linked with Mirallas from Everton so are looking to offload Redmond. Also I heard Camaras off to Rochdale.

LOL and I'll be the Prime Minister tomorrow!

11 minutes ago, David said:

Then he joined Derby in June.

Ben Gibson got called up and his team is in this league. 

Also don't forgot Jay Boothroyd played in this league when he got called up for England lol. 

4 minutes ago, Derby_Dean said:

Seen Grant Hanley in Derby with his mate, also I heard Southampton are linked with Mirallas from Everton so are looking to offload Redmond. Also I heard Camaras off to Rochdale.

100% wum. 

16 minutes ago, Derby_Dean said:

No word if a lie, just seen Grant Hanley in Debenhams, also I reckon Rowett should put in a 5 mil bid for Nathan Redmond, also a 3 mil bid for Salamon Rondon, they would both be good additions to the squad.

5 minutes ago, Derby_Dean said:

100% wum. 

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Ben Gibson got called up and his team is in this league. 

Also don't forgot Jay Boothroyd played in this league when he got called up for England lol. 

Do you not see the age differences in those players you mention?

I don't wish to shatter his dreams but he's 32 playing in the second tier of English football. 

He would need to have an insanely good season to get any chance of a call up, even next season it will be difficult unless a virus wipes out Stones, Cahill, Jones, Smalling, Keane, Gibson.

England call up might be a dream but I have dreams of Cheryl Cole as well, unlikely they will come true, especially now she's got a baby. 

Archived