Signed: Curtis Davies - 2 year + 1 (option), undisclosed fee

DEL

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Why?

We'll sign plenty more and having Thorne, Martin and Forsyth back will strengthen us further, GR knows what we lack and I think we'll be pushing for the top two.

Mate thorne martin and forsyth  are all starters for me and are some of our best players but we'll need a bit more around them for top two I think. 

Just that bit extra to get us over the line. 

Very happy with the signing good player. Now go and find another one who cost the same or less would be excellent tbh. 

14 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Mate thorne martin and forsyth  are all starters for me and are some of our best players but we'll need a bit more around them for top two I think. 

Just that bit extra to get us over the line. 

"Mate"? Is he another new signing that I've missed? Nickname for George Friend perhaps?

26 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Not since they broke the record for consecutive home clean sheets about 6 months ago. 

I'll try and forget the home games where we let in 4 from Cardiff and just the three from Bristol City then! Always easier at home games.As for the 3 at Norwich and 4 at Brentford ?

57 minutes ago, Kingston said:

Curtis Davies is 32 and trust me, since he hit 30, it shows. Steve Bruce lost faith in him, Mike Phelan had no choice but to use him and Marco Silva avoided him. He is now prone to pulling up with injuries after stretching. He'll limp on, because at heart he is not a quitter, and he's a great player with a good footballing brain, but he is nowhere near the player he was. He's free transfer material now, so any money to Hull is a good deal for them. I'd be surprised if he is a regular starter, and even more surprised if he lasts two years, never mind a third option year. Hull would have replaced him anyway, so he's gone looking for one last pay cheque, and found it at Derby. 

Yet he played 30 games for you last season.

65052107.jpg

Great signing for that fee. Always rated him at Hull. Shame he's 32 but I'm sure he'll be fine. Shackell and Davies are both left sided CB's so most likely Keogh will partner.

I'd like to see Shackell back though he was quality for Burnley shame he got "injured" hopefully he comes back in and is hungry.

1 hour ago, Kingston said:

Curtis Davies is 32 and trust me, since he hit 30, it shows. Steve Bruce lost faith in him, Mike Phelan had no choice but to use him and Marco Silva avoided him. He is now prone to pulling up with injuries after stretching. He'll limp on, because at heart he is not a quitter, and he's a great player with a good footballing brain, but he is nowhere near the player he was. He's free transfer material now, so any money to Hull is a good deal for them. I'd be surprised if he is a regular starter, and even more surprised if he lasts two years, never mind a third option year. Hull would have replaced him anyway, so he's gone looking for one last pay cheque, and found it at Derby. 

Dude you're practically pulling his hair and snapping his bra strap you :wub: him x

10 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Yet he played 30 games for you last season.

65052107.jpg

Not to mention that stat above about the interceptions. That's not bad, having the more than any other player in the premier league, for saying he clearly only spent a couple of minutes on the pitch in each game, and he's too old and knackered to stretch for the ball. 

Bitter. 

latest?cb=20121215223327

Just a thought , but do you think Davies could possibly have been signed with a back 3 in mind ? Played plenty of times in a back 3 for Hull .

Carson

Keogh      shackell    Davies 

Archived