Signed: Curtis Davies - 2 year + 1 (option), undisclosed fee

DEL

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Not to mention that stat above about the interceptions. That's not bad, having the more than any other player in the premier league, for saying he clearly only spent a couple of minutes on the pitch in each game, and he's too old and knackered to stretch for the ball. 

Since when is 32 old for a CH? 

I tell you what, I bet Gary's stock has risen ten fold with Mel over this deal! 

500k for a quality CB, I bet Mels doing backflips round Moor Farm. 

Just goes to show how wrong our recruitment was and how right Gary seems to have got it with his first signing! :wub:

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I tell you what, I bet Gary's stock has risen ten fold with Mel over this deal! 

500k for a quality CB, I bet Mels doing backflips round Moor Farm. 

Just goes to show how wrong our recruitment was and how right Gary seems to have got it with his first signing! :wub:

Worth remembering theres another side to being overly negative, could turn out to be a right duffer that's injured 90% of the time :ph34r:

*Touched wood isn't*

20 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Cutting down the wage bill ❌

Bringing down the age of the squad ❌

Players hungry to prove themselves ❌

We can't be supposedly about this and then sign someone like 32 year old Curtis Davies.

33 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

While I was clearly critical yesterday, he does match a different criteria that a lot of us have been talking about for our defence

Height ✅

Mobility ✅

Physicality ✅

What I really wanted was a defender with the defensive capabilities of a Shackell/Pearce but with more mobility and ability to move the ball quickly. Davies has all that and can move the ball out much better than the other two, on top of being the sort of character that was captain age 20.

Add to that the fee is only 500k and not a couple of million, he becomes a good signing.

You should be Prime Minister.

25 minutes ago, David said:

Do you not see the age differences in those players you mention?

I don't wish to shatter his dreams but he's 32 playing in the second tier of English football. 

He would need to have an insanely good season to get any chance of a call up, even next season it will be difficult unless a virus wipes out Stones, Cahill, Jones, Smalling, Keane, Gibson.

England call up might be a dream but I have dreams of Cheryl Cole as well, unlikely they will come true, especially now she's got a baby. 

I mentioned it to her the other night and she said "not a chance" - sorry David but I did get there first. :mellow:

56 minutes ago, Derby_Dean said:

No word if a lie, just seen Grant Hanley in Debenhams, also I reckon Rowett should put in a 5 mil bid for Nathan Redmond, also a 3 mil bid for Salamon Rondon, they would both be good additions to the squad.

The last bit of your post has me doubting your judgement... 

1 hour ago, Derby_Dean said:

No word if a lie, just seen Grant Hanley in Debenhams, also I reckon Rowett should put in a 5 mil bid for Nathan Redmond, also a 3 mil bid for Salamon Rondon, they would both be good additions to the squad.

:huh:

In Derby for the day....probably thought "i wonder what their Debenhams is like?"

until he's spotted in Morley Hayes it doesn't count.

Seen Grant Hanley in Derby with his mate, also I heard Southampton are linked with Mirallas from Everton so are looking to offload Redmond. Also I heard Camaras off to Rochdale.

Not even slightly close to true

I have it on a semi-reliable source that there's been interest from Man City for Redmond - Offload?

26 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Wouldn't Hanley be with the Scotland squad? Being sweet talked and blown gentle kisses by Chris martin?

Not been called up, barely played so not surprising. Saying that he's still probably got more chance of playing against England than being spotted in Debenhams today

This is such a good signing. £500k for a player who's been promoted lots and played well in the Premier League.

Surprised we could trigger his relegation clause while in the same division. But hopefully this is a sign of transfers to come.

1 hour ago, David said:

Do you not see the age differences in those players you mention?

I don't wish to shatter his dreams but he's 32 playing in the second tier of English football. 

He would need to have an insanely good season to get any chance of a call up, even next season it will be difficult unless a virus wipes out Stones, Cahill, Jones, Smalling, Keane, Gibson.

England call up might be a dream but I have dreams of Cheryl Cole as well, unlikely they will come true, especially now she's got a baby. 

Yes, because before she had the baby, you had every chance in the world. 

Archived