Signed: Curtis Davies - 2 year + 1 (option), undisclosed fee

DEL

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to a curtains thread entitled "why aren't we using our academy players and signing 30+ year old players thread"

Just says 2 year deal and undisclosed on official website. Not:

Set to confirm signing of Curtis Davies today from @HullCity after Rowett flew back from hols to complete £500k deal.

Davies had a medical yesterday and has agreed a 2 year deal with option of a third if he plays sufficient games.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Not to put a downer on things, I think it's a cracking signing, but why are we thanking an agency in the article to announce it?

Seems bizarre.

Probably the new way of conducting business, don't leave the deals with one guy to sort and then make a mess of it (I.e. Sam Rush). If you have agencies, manager, owner and various executives involved then its much harder to get ripped off with a bad deal

8 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Not to put a downer on things, I think it's a cracking signing, but why are we thanking an agency in the article to announce it?

Seems bizarre.

Building bridges, I assume. Probably need to undo a lot of how we've conducted ourselves in recent years and forge new partnerships.

**cough**

Wasserman

**cough**

6 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Probably the new way of conducting business, don't leave the deals with one guy to sort and then make a mess of it (I.e. Sam Rush). If you have agencies, manager, owner and various executives involved then its much harder to get ripped off with a bad deal

Just now, cosmic said:

Building bridges, I assume. Probably need to undo a lot of how we've conducted ourselves in recent years and forge new partnerships.

**cough**

Wasserman

**cough**

Probably, seems a bit odd though.

Never mind, a really good signing.

Very good signing, I have always liked him as a player and probably will be our captain next season 

if the rumoured £500,000 is correct then it is a great deal and contract length is right.

i thought Rowett got a great deal from us when he signed Shotton on the cheap well now he has got us one.

this also seriously weakens Hull for next season as it stands in my opinion 

This is an excellent signing. At Championship level Davies is consistently one of the best and has lots of prem experience too. And at 500k it's an excellent price. Makes a mockery of the 3m we paid for Shackell when Davies is a player of similar age and in my view a better player.

Thoughts now turn to who's leaving. Wouldn't rule out Keogh staying just yet but if we sign Hanley as well then think we can safely say Keogh is on his way, he's by far our most saleable asset out of the defenders. Would be sad to see Keogh leave but think a change would be good for both parties, doesn't change the fact he's been one of Derby's best defenders in years.

9 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Straight away Davies is talking promotion, talking top two.

Not sure that's possible with the current squad.

Has he been told about other signings that are imminent? 

Or outgoings?

Interesting (but understandable) the emphasis being put on 'a fresh start' and 're-invigorating' yourself. I bet GR will be using the same line on some of our squad, or has done!

Archived