Signed: Curtis Davies - 2 year + 1 (option), undisclosed fee

DEL

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Since when is 32 old for a CH? 

I hate having to explain when I'm being sarcastic. I should use that secret smiley face more often. It was in response to Kingston saying he was too old to be effective at this level. 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi
3 hours ago, swiftur said:

Very uninspiring 1st signing,thought rowett said young, hungry, mobile players were needed.DCFC pension fund attracts again.

What job do you have where you can draw your pension at 32?! I need to change my career!

I'm new to the forum but have read postings with interest for years. I think Curtis Davies will be a good signing. I won't be surprised to see Keogh leave as previously stated on here but if he had been substituted after 75 minutes in every match we'd probably have been promoted.

2 hours ago, Derby_Dean said:

No word if a lie, just seen Grant Hanley in Debenhams, also I reckon Rowett should put in a 5 mil bid for Nathan Redmond, also a 3 mil bid for Salamon Rondon, they would both be good additions to the squad.

Does your mum know you've been drinking? Best leave the stuff alone so be a good lad and get on with your homework.

Interesting rather than blow yer socks off signing.

Whilst the fee is reasonable we don't know what wages etc so could yet turn out to be costly depending on how it goes for Curtis.

Wonder whether this was one Gary had been working on for a while or whether it was more opportunistic. 

Would expect to see shackell and/or pearce leave.

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Interesting rather than blow yer socks off signing.

Whilst the fee is reasonable we don't know what wages etc so could yet turn out to be costly depending on how it goes for Curtis.

Wonder whether this was one Gary had been working on for a while or whether it was more opportunistic. 

Would expect to see shackell and/or pearce leave.

Bloody hope I don't see Pearce in Derby shirt again. Fingers crossed. 

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

They can both go for me. Nothing wrong with experience as first choice and train the youth for backup. 

Alex Cover. ?

This is a very astute signing and one with virtually no risk.

He's a more accomplished, more mobile, more polished, more likeable version of Shackell, who was arguably our best defender before injuries took hold.

What stands out is that we are getting a player with almost 15 years of professional football under his belt and nine seasons of Premier League football to boot, including three of the last four seasons.

Of course we are hoping for a different profile of player in general but a team requires balance. 

He brings the leadership, experience and know-how you need to navigate through a tough season in the Championship.

What is there not to like?

It's an excellent signing in any case, but especially if he has been brought in to play alongside Keogh, as it should prove to be a formidable pairing.

At the end of the day, at £500k, if he only performs well for one season and that season sees us seriously contend for promotion or better yet win promotion, the decision looks a masterstroke.

The reaction from Hull supporters has been mixed.

My feeling is that even if he has lost his sharpness and edge a little, he has 'nous' and presence and will be a good influence on the team and on the squad. I suspect he may have periods out of the team on the bench, and some long runs in the team too (i.e. he'll be a squad player and not a definite starter) but if his experience is used to good effect on and off field he will be useful.

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Does anyone have any stats as to how many times he has..

a) got to the play offs

b) won promotion

c) played in the premie league

?

a) more times than Aden Flint & Grant Hanley put together

b) more times than Aden Flint & Grant Hanley put together

c) more times than Aden Flint & Grant Hanley put together

Archived