Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Blimey. He ain't worth £4.5 million, unless we get promoted so that's maybe the deal? 

I agree that a definite fee of £4.5m would make him pricey but by the sound of reports comjng out of Derby and Liverpool it's £2m with further add-ons if certain targets are achieved. I would guess the largest potential add-on would be promotion, which if we make it, Wisdom will probably have made a reasonable contribution and that would make even £4.5m good value for money.

Hope it's confirmed soon then it'll be wait and see with what happens with Cyrus.

Really pleased with this, in today's market £2mill would have been daylight robbery for a player who still has a chance of an international career (this is considering his pedigree and potential, I'm not saying he will be), so I'd have it right around the £4mill mark. I think it's a very shrewd bit of business which means we won't be getting in any bidding wars over Hanley and paying over the odds.

Its also a great chance for Wisdom to prove himself now, he can come into this side and have the ability to dominate this league. He can also settle as probably for the first time he knows where his future lies

Slight side note but do Liverpool have the worst youth policy? Wisdom is a good example of the type of player who's stock could be higher if they tried to blood him into their first team rather than paying over the odds for Southampton players in his position. It's a good example as to why Southgate came out saying the u20 players now need first team football

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Really pleased with this, in today's market £2mill would have been daylight robbery for a player who still has a chance of an international career (this is considering his pedigree and potential, I'm not saying he will be), so I'd have it right around the £4mill mark. I think it's a very shrewd bit of business which means we won't be getting in any bidding wars over Hanley and paying over the odds.

Its also a great chance for Wisdom to prove himself now, he can come into this side and have the ability to dominate this league. He can also settle as probably for the first time he knows where his future lies

Slight side note but do Liverpool have the worst youth policy? Wisdom is a good example of the type of player who's stock could be higher if they tried to blood him into their first team rather than paying over the odds for Southampton players in his position. It's a good example as to why Southgate came out saying the u20 players now need first team football

It's really all to do with short-termism and the manager merry-go-round. Had Rogers stayed at L'pool probably Wisdom ould have got more 1st team chances. He did have a run of games but change in management led to him going out again on loan...but our gain surely. 

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It's really all to do with short-termism and the manager merry-go-round. Had Rogers stayed at L'pool probably Wisdom ould have got more 1st team chances. He did have a run of games but change in management led to him going out again on loan...but our gain surely. 

That's true, although I would also argue Rodgers short termism in cutting Ibe's loan deal stunted his development at that time to which again he's not quite reaching the potential he could have done. It's from a Derby perspective I guess, but it's a move I've never really forgiven him for because it was the first of many tumbles we had that season and he did it two days before what would have been the biggest match ibe had played in to date (forest)

...This may be a debate for a different day/thread)

Archived