Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kernow said:

£2.5m for Wisdom & Davies is fantastic business. If we keep on to key players & trim the squad of deadwood then it'll be one of the most well received transfer windows for a while.

Even in today's market, you can still pick yourself up a bargain. Makes our overspending of recent years look even more wasteful.

Although this defence has been assembled over a few years now, the strength despite low cost is impressive.

Carson, Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Forsyth. Around £4m in total for those five players and a good enough standard to challenge for the automatic places for sure.

Positively Boro-esque. Hope we're going to be a bit more positive than them tho.

13 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Should be an upgrade on Cyrus, jury's out for me though. 3/4 years have passed since that season and he's not done anything substantial of note since. 

Wish him all the best here and hope he does the bizz. 

Take your point about jury still out. To be fair to him, had he done anything the last 4 years, we wouldn't have the chance to get him back.

This is probably a good move for him to kick start his career again, at a club he knows he will be welcomed and given every opportunity to prove himself .

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

That's true, although I would also argue Rodgers short termism in cutting Ibe's loan deal stunted his development at that time to which again he's not quite reaching the potential he could have done. It's from a Derby perspective I guess, but it's a move I've never really forgiven him for because it was the first of many tumbles we had that season and he did it two days before what would have been the biggest match ibe had played in to date (forest)

...This may be a debate for a different day/thread)

Ibe had just started to really get going too, which made it all the more galling. 

Just now, i-Ram said:

Just did a double take. I thought l had stumbled on to a Premature Ejaculation Forum. I will return when (he has signed and) there is less jizz flying around.

Ha ha, like you weren't looking for such a thread. 

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you're happy that's what counts.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Just did a double take. I thought l had stumbled on to a Premature Ejaculation Forum. I will return when (he has signed and) there is less jizz flying around.

I'd be surprised if the Liverpool Echo reported something like this if it wasn't a done deal.

PistoldPete2
6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

A lot of comings and goings.. Mostly comings at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Ha ha, like you weren't looking for such a thread. 

I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you're happy that's what counts.

Course l am happy Rev. I am not sure if anybody else remembers it, but do you remember that moment when he beat that Barnsley right back, and whipped in that glorious cross, and tissues l need more ******* tissues.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Course l am happy Rev. I am not sure if anybody else remembers it, but do you remember that moment when he beat that Barnsley right back, and whipped in that glorious cross, and tissues l need more ******* tissues.

I do remember he once got played in on a one two, and with the goal gaping managed to hit someone with his shot,  who wasn't directly between him and the goal.

I also remember him loving the pitch invasion vs Brighton, the way he'd make a 3 when Fozzy went forward, and the important part he played in the best season in a while, so if he's back, I'll be delighted.

All we need now is Eustace Mk2.

39 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Take your point about jury still out. To be fair to him, had he done anything the last 4 years, we wouldn't have the chance to get him back.

This is probably a good move for him to kick start his career again, at a club he knows he will be welcomed and given every opportunity to prove himself .

Indeed, I'm just wary of adding another player who doesn't seemed to have progressed from that successful season with us. There's plenty already at the club that have that same tag against them. 

I agree this is a good platform for him now to push on, so fingers crossed he can. 

Archived