Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

Fantastic signing. Think we can say with this and signing of Davies we have improved an already decent defence considerably. 

And no this doesn't reek of Mel, it reeks of Rowett, who has watched most of our games over the past few seasons and in doing so knows what an integral role Wisdom played in the playoff final season. I also reckon had he still been Birmingham manager he would've been in for him, has the pace and power he likes.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If GR plans for Christie to stay, and he does stay, then I wouldn't be surprised to see a formation involving three at the back.

The options would be 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. It may also link to rumours of Ince leaving. If we go 3-5-2, then wingers are redundant, with wing backs taking their place. The only real winger we have who would be missed is Ince. It would also allow us to trim down the squad in mainly those wide areas, as elsewhere we're pretty well equipped. If Christie stays and Ince goes we would have the potential to line up something like...

Carson

Keogh   Wisdom   Davies

Christie                               Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes        Johnson

Martin  Vydra

Definitely more than an option.

Wisdom joined Salzburg because he wanted to play CB..

http://thesetpieces.com/interviews/andre-wisdom-interview-bloody-hell-great-job/

I think the key is it gives Rowett options to play 3 at the back or 4 at the back. Christie would work well at wing back and Keogh would work well in a back 3, but Anya can play wing back,  or if he plays a 4 could be the end of Keogh? Or, Rowett mentioned he thought we were light on numbers in defence in which case he may keep everyone.

We can speculate but we'll find out soon enough. My view is 1 of Christie or Keogh will leave.

7 hours ago, Tombo said:

I like him and I want him.

But this stinks of Mel. Absolutely reeks. 

I get what you're saying. The cynic in me agrees - Wisdom is a name that Derby fans mention every transfer window. And it's not because they are all excellent scouts.

But I have faith that he was simply a name on an existing list we have at the club and Rowett wouldn't have gone for him in if he didn't want him.

29 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If GR plans for Christie to stay, and he does stay, then I wouldn't be surprised to see a formation involving three at the back.

The options would be 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. It may also link to rumours of Ince leaving. If we go 3-5-2, then wingers are redundant, with wing backs taking their place. The only real winger we have who would be missed is Ince. It would also allow us to trim down the squad in mainly those wide areas, as elsewhere we're pretty well equipped. If Christie stays and Ince goes we would have the potential to line up something like...

Carson

Keogh   Wisdom   Davies

Thorne

Hughes        Johnson

Martin  Vydra

Might be wrong but didn't rowett use to play with wing backs at brum?if so it'd make sense that he at least tries it here

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

I get what you're saying. The cynic in me agrees - Wisdom is a name that Derby fans mention every transfer window. And it's not because they are all excellent scouts.

But I have faith that he was simply a name on an existing list we have at the club and Rowett wouldn't have gone for him in if he didn't want him.

Joe McClaren the chief scout isn't he?

Doesn't need a calculator to figure how he ended up on the list.

Meddling Mel!!!!!! 

IMG_0002.GIF

43 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Carson

Keogh   Wisdom   Davies

Thorne

Hughes        Johnson

Martin  Vydra

Don't be surprised to see this next season if Thorne and Forsyth are ready 

Carson

Baird wisdom Davies Forsyth 

Ince Thorne Johnson Russell     

Nugent

Martin 

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Don't be surprised to see this next season if Thorne and Forsyth are ready 

Carson

Baird wisdom Davies Forsyth 

Ince Thorne Johnson Russell     

Nugent

Martin 

That team wont go up.

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I think the phrase you're looking for is, 'thanks Mel' 

Thanks for stumping up the cash. But it's fair to wonder who's idea it was. We'll never know though.

10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I think the phrase you're looking for is, 'thanks Mel' 

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Thanks for stumping up the cash. But it's fair to wonder who's idea it was. We'll never know though.

Rowett's comments back in May would suggest that Wisdom is very much a player he wanted and someone he saw improving the team:

"He is athletic, strong and has potential to play in the Premier League - so he is the type of player we are interested in."

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Rowett's comments back in May would suggest that Wisdom is very much a player he wanted and someone he saw improving the team:

"He is athletic, strong and has potential to play in the Premier League - so he is the type of player we are interested in."

Oh don't let facts and quotes get in the way of a conspiracy.

That's not the Derby (Fans) Way.

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Unbelievable, the guy cant win. 

But hey, dont let facts get in the way of opinions. 

Couldn't agree more. 

He's a Derby fan. First and foremost. He was stood on the terraces like all of us. 

Only difference now is. He's gone on to make a hell of a lot of money and has purchased the club he loves. 

If I was in his position I would do the same. From where the club was, to where it is now is chalk and cheese. The amount of money he's invested to make the club better is staggering. 

Yes he's made mistakes. But I dare say any of us owning the club would have. Must be hard not letting your heart rule your head. 

We are lucky to have a fan of the club as an owner. When you see how many bad owners are out there. 

If this was a "Mel signing" Don't you think it would have happened sometime in the last 4 years? 

Honestly some of our fans are poison. 

Of the faults you can charge at Mel (and there are faults), transfers isn't one of them. All he has done is back his managers/recruitment team to the hilt with his own money. Even when he strongly disagreed with the move personally (i.e Martin to Fulham). 

9 hours ago, Tombo said:

I like him and I want him.

But this stinks of Mel. Absolutely reeks. 

Mel's had his grubby little paws in his grubby little wallet buying grubby little players that his grubby little manager and his grubby little fans want to see playing for his grubby little football club.

It's all just a little bit too grubby.

I'm not sure about this one. If he's being bought to play right back then I hope Forsyth is ready because Olsson isn't good enough to be our only attacking full back. And please don't reference Wisdom's cross against Barnsley, it was pretty much his only attacking contribution of the season.

If he does play right back then it'll good news for Ince, he's much better when he isn't having to watch his right back's back.

This has a nice balance:

Wisdom-----Keogh-----Davies------Forsyth

--------------Thorne-----Hughes--------------

Ince---------------Nugent-------------Russell

---------------------Martin----------------------

Although I hope we're looking for a Russell upgrade.

Archived