Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Blimey. He ain't worth £4.5 million, unless we get promoted so that's maybe the deal? 

Maybe he's not worth that mate, but I'd rather pay that for Andre rather than say Flint or Hanley. IMO he's a better player and younger

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

£2.5m for Wisdom & Davies is fantastic business. If we keep on to key players & trim the squad of deadwood then it'll be one of the most well received transfer windows for a while.

Even in today's market, you can still pick yourself up a bargain. Makes our overspending of recent years look even more wasteful.

Although this defence has been assembled over a few years now, the strength despite low cost is impressive.

Carson, Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Forsyth. Around £4m in total for those five players and a good enough standard to challenge for the automatic places for sure.

Curtis Davies & Andre Wisdom for the same price as Andreas Weimann.

Not sure what our recruitment team were smoking back then, but it's nice to know we're in good hands now. :D

30 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

surely this can't be right, £2 million for Wisdom and Davies this summer, it's almost as if Sam Rush was the main cause of our overspending. 

Credit to MM here, learning from his mistakes and spending properly now.

It's called the Rowett effect!

On 07/04/2017 at 12:58, Leicester Ram said:

We could nab Wisdom on the cheap. A lot of people will ridicule it, 'people need to stop trying to rebuild the 13/14 team, move on, bunch of bottlers' etc. But what I'd like about that is that he's now a the stage where he is undervalued by a lot of other clubs.

If you're talking about bang for your buck, Wisdom's a top shout.

He's still young, he suits what we want (a physical, defensive RB to play behind Ince), has a point to prove which gives him that hunger Rowett is looking for and he has an attachment to the club/fan base already. But his stocks low coming off the back of three seasons on loan not settling at a club!

Just logistically, if there's a Championship club he's likely to want to sign for, it's us. He has more value and possible upside for us than any other team in the division.

He reminds me of Ince as to where he is in his career right now. Ince had shown a lot of talent coming out of his years at Blackpool/Liverpool, but didn't find the right fit for him at Palace, Hull or Forest. Came to Derby when his stock was down, suited the system and now we have a player worth a lot more than what we got him for.

The same goes for Chris Martin, no matter your opinion of him. Showed early promise at Norwich, then wasn't ready to make the PL step up. Had a bad time at Swindon and Palace on loan, then came to Derby where he fit the system. Now he's worth near 10 million. We brought him in for FREE when his stock was low.

We should be buying players who we can improve. It's easy to buy Nick Blackman, Bradley Johnson and Jacob Butterfield coming off really good seasons/form, but how many of those have lived up to expectations? Have we got our money's worth with Blackman? We definitely won't be getting our money back when he leaves.

To rule out Wisdom on the principal that you should 'never go back' is completely irrational, when you assess him just as a player, he's exactly the type we've had success with. Just because his early success was here at Derby instead of Blackpool or Norwich doesn't mean he's not a good transfer target now.

Let absolutely none of this distract you from the fact I called this back in April.

I hope this puts Hanley out of the picture for us now. With Wisdom we get a better player and some muscle in the back four, which in shaping up nicely. Forsyth, Davies,  Wisdom and Keogh looks pretty good to me. Can't wait to see his shoulder barges again, best one being when he did one on Mcgugan and he had to go off after about 10 mins! 

Very happy with this signing. With Forsyth at left back we have two 6ft plus full backs who are very good in the air. 

Hopefully our defending from corners and free kicks will improve. Maybe GR might even keep a player up front if we do concede a corner. 

On 16/12/2016 at 17:45, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Move on guys Wisdom won't be coming back at all.. 

On 20/12/2016 at 12:38, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Dream on guys. Wisdom ARE NOT COMING BACK END OF. 

On 06/04/2017 at 23:30, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Wisdom ain't coming back. 

On 03/06/2017 at 12:56, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Wisdom ain't coming here. Let it go. ?

IMG_4468.JPG

45 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Blimey. He ain't worth £4.5 million, unless we get promoted so that's maybe the deal? 

Shame we'll never know what the add ons are, im certain 1 will be promotion though (if we go up then gotta be worth it) and I'd imagine appearances too

Archived