Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be a marvellous signing and another athlete. Hats off from me if we can pull this one off, but I start to worry about Hughesy. No fun watching muscle without guile.

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, Tombo said:

I like him and I want him.

But this stinks of Mel. Absolutely reeks. 

Only the smell of his cash.

5 hours ago, Tombo said:

I like him and I want him.

But this stinks of Mel. Absolutely reeks. 

I hear what you're saying. ..bit like bringing Schteve back..? 

But the signing has Rowett all over it for me..him and Curtis seem athletic, strong. ..no frills. 

Carson 

Christie.    Baird.  Wisdom.   Keogh.    Davies.   Pearce.   Shackell .  Forsyth.    Olsson.    Lowe 

the new 10 0 0 formation should mean that we are better at defending corners.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-agree-45m-andre-wisdom-13181323

Andre Wisdom is set to complete a move from Liverpool to Derby which could be worth up to £4.5m. 

The defender has spent the past four seasons out on loan and is set to seal a permanent move to Pride Park Stadium.

The ECHO understands the deal is worth more than £2m initially with the extra payments due when achievable targets are reached. It resembles a similar contract which Liverpool put in place when Tiago Ilori moved to Reading. 

Derby had made an official approach last week, offering £1m, an offer that was rejected.

Wisdom's most recent stint was at Austrian outfit Red Bull Salzburg, where he won the league and cup double.

The 24-year-old former England U21 international had no long-term future with the Reds but there was considerable interest in him from other clubs including Birmingham and Celtic.

Derby manager Gary Rowett, who took over in March, was the key man in the move and was able to convince Wisdom of his vision for the club.

Wisdom knows Derby well from his loan spell at the club in 2013/14 when he made 34 appearances when Steve McClaren was in the dugout.

He has also had spells at West Bromwich Albion and Norwich before moving to Austria at the start of last season, making 22 appearances in all.

The Leeds-born player - who can switch between centre-back and full-back - joined the Reds from the youth ranks at Bradford at the start of 2008.

He made his first team debut against Young Boys of Bern in the Europa League in September 2012, scoring in a 5-3 away victory.

He would go on to make 19 appearances in that season - the first under Brendan Rodgers - but would make just another three in the years that followed.

6 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Unbelievable Jeff!

Today is hopefully going to be a good day. Shame no 1's in for our players yet.. I wouldn't mind anyone leaving really but keeping Ince is a must.

Have a gut feeling it'll all start in a couple of weeks, clubs waiting til preseason to try get players cheaper. 

If GR plans for Christie to stay, and he does stay, then I wouldn't be surprised to see a formation involving three at the back.

The options would be 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. It may also link to rumours of Ince leaving. If we go 3-5-2, then wingers are redundant, with wing backs taking their place. The only real winger we have who would be missed is Ince. It would also allow us to trim down the squad in mainly those wide areas, as elsewhere we're pretty well equipped. If Christie stays and Ince goes we would have the potential to line up something like...

Carson

Keogh   Wisdom   Davies

Christie                               Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes        Johnson

Martin  Vydra

Archived