Darren Bent

Waffle

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Can't agree with that....Why are they fair game but we aren't???

Cos we pay their wages, and we would die to be in their position, innit.

Even though we don't, and we wouldn't.

No one complained with Bent coming on for nugent who done in by then, the Bryson one was just time wasting but the camara one opened us up with far to many others drifting towards where he should have been.

at the end of the day did we look stronger or weaker when the substitutions were made in my opinion we looked weaker which shouldn't happen should it?

40 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

I'm sorry but I've travelled some distance and seen some absolute dross this year. Norwich away was horrible and set me back over £100 with tickets, travel etc. Bent should shut up and show us on the pitch why he deserves a year extension here, instead of laughing at loyal fan's opinions who work there socks off to watch their team play week in week out. 

Maybe he is working hard. What do you call working hard? Running around? 

Do you think Bent wants to lose? Do you think he got to this level of football by accident? Are Norwich City not a team of professional footballers too? 

I have known a couple of players. I've seen how important their fitness is to them. You couldn't even play against them in a park without their ridiculous competitiveness ruining a good laugh. They know their careers are tied to their performance. They may have a 20k per week contract for 3 years. They can be sold, released, injured and it can suddenly become  nothing. 

Darren Bent is half a division away from the Premier League. I'd imagine he could be in line to get some more money. Do you think he's saying "I have enough money". Are any of us turning down pay rises.

This is besides him being analysed by thousands of people every time he does his job.

I imagine you care about your job. I care about the job I do. Who doesn't mind being useless? Who wants to be told they're **** at their job? 

Not Darren Bent obviously. 

They've been called all the names under the sun, told they need selling, dumping in the bin. They've been booed off for drawing and jeered off as subs. They get called failures.

Yet they give one little bit back and fans can't handle it. 

Crying about loyalty and paying money and turn out all the arrogant "We are the Club!" attitude.

We've dished it out. Now take it back on the chin. 

Why should the players keep having their honesty questioned. Because they're paid more than us? Would you take it?

I wouldn't. I'd work hard, and when the good times roll I'd not give any acknowledgment to the fans. When we win the fans are on board. When we lose then it's just the players.

54 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

I'm sorry but I've travelled some distance and seen some absolute dross this year. Norwich away was horrible and set me back over £100 with tickets, travel etc. Bent should shut up and show us on the pitch why he deserves a year extension here, instead of laughing at loyal fan's opinions who work there socks off to watch their team play week in week out. 

the simple solution then, keep your money in your pocket. You KNOW exactly what you're getting when you buy your tickets, unless you haven't been paying attention to football for your entire life.

Perhaps it is time the penny dropped with you, a) you only get to watch football, no guarantee of win, loss, draw or even effort! b) This is Derby, we've NEVER been invincible and never will be, and like 99.9% of professional teams in the world, you shouldn't as a Derby fans expect anything from a game.

The other thing is, in spite of how 'dross' you think it is, it has been a lot lot worse, and in recent years too.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

No one complained with Bent coming on for nugent who done in by then, the Bryson one was just time wasting but the camara one opened us up with far to many others drifting towards where he should have been.

at the end of the day did we look stronger or weaker when the substitutions were made in my opinion we looked weaker which shouldn't happen should it?

I disagree,  we should look weaker with the subs on, that's why they're subs. But we should look more resolute. That's the problem with yesterday's subs. We looked far more vulnerable. We sat back far more too, obviously with instruction from the bench. It's simple, if you have the personnel on the bench to comfortably see out the game then do it. If not leave well alone, unless someone is struggling 

5 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I disagree,  we should look weaker with the subs on, that's why they're subs. But we should look more resolute. That's the problem with yesterday's subs. We looked far more vulnerable. We sat back far more too, obviously with instruction from the bench. It's simple, if you have the personnel on the bench to comfortably see out the game then do it. If not leave well alone, unless someone is struggling 

I think we are saying the same thing really

51 minutes ago, cannable said:

Says a lot to me that in the last year and a half it's been two 33 year old consummate professionals that have hit back at the fans. 

What about Darren Bent though?? ?

Tbf he has never complained about being a bit -part player and he seems a decent bloke, although my Villa mates hated his attitude.

I'm not sure having a go at fans 'shows he cares' though.

However, if fans want to give it out it does look a bit pathetic if they complain about it coming back. Likewise, a well-paid professional with thousands of 'followers' can look a bit of a bully if a spotty kid just wants to say they think they have a bad game and then get hammered. 

Like they always say..least said soonest mended...!

Err maybe dont adopt that as the website's motto!

10 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Clearly he's frustrated and pissed. Give him credit for even tweeting, none of the others seem to show much social activity when we don't win.

I don't think many of them use it that much anymore… a lot got hounded off of it by the fans* I think.

*Or should I say *****?

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wow just had a read of his Twitter, what an absolute embarrasment some of our 'fans' are!

Hilarious fella

Archived