Darren Bent

Waffle

Just now, Andicis said:

But I'm sure you can appreciate, there are more intelligent ways to go about it. But at the end of the day, he's human. 

Twitter and intelligence aren't 2 words I would use in the same sentence.

Not even sure why a professional footballer would waste their time on there.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Twitter and intelligence aren't 2 words I would use in the same sentence.

Not even sure why a professional footballer would waste their time on there.

Agree with this, not a twitter user myself. Seems to cause more problems than solutions.

Why do people peddle this myth that the fans don't pay the wages? Of course they do, just not directly like they did 30 odd years ago. The season ticket money and the other match day income fail to cover the wage bill but the amount of people in the stadium directly correlates with the amount of sponsorship money the club receives and the exposure it gets on TV etc.

2 minutes ago, Iacomus said:

Why do people peddle this myth that the fans don't pay the wages? Of course they do, just not directly like they did 30 odd years ago. The season ticket money and the other match day income fail to cover the wage bill but the amount of people in the stadium directly correlates with the amount of sponsorship money the club receives and the exposure it gets on TV etc.

It's no myth.

Based on your theory you also pay the wages of every employee of every company that you spend any of your money with.

Personally I don't agree with Darren's actions at all. Going after the fans, who have their right to complain, (not that I agree with everything they have to say) on social media after throwing away a game is only going to cause problems. 

5 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I really don't like Derby fans sometimes. Last night there was barely a sound. Today on social media they are making loads of noise. If anything is embarrassing it's the level of ignorance in our fanbase. 

I'm not on Twitter and never will be. How many fans are being abusive on there? Is it possible to tell?

I'm confused. Last week I had to hate the players because they didn't care enough, now it seems I have to hate them because they care too much (but are not entitled to due to their wages).

I am ready to hate, but just need to know why I am hating.

(It was easier when we just hated Nottingham).

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm not on Twitter and never will be. How many fans are being abusive on there? Is it possible to tell?

I'm not sure but it's a lot. I got bored of scrolling through all the replies. 

It happens every week. There's a news item put on social media and you get the bone head commentators firing off their insults. It's wearing me down as a fan. 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's no myth.

Based on your theory you also pay the wages of every employee of every company that you spend any of your money with.

No, because I don't pay to sit and watch other company's employees do their jobs, nor do I pay money to turn on my TV and watch them do their jobs.

Derby's income (and therefore wage bill) is directly tied to the people who turn up and watch them play to shun these people for being frustrated with how things are going is wrong. Sure, it can overstep the mark at times, but we shouldn't ever try and prevent that criticism. People becoming apathetic about the club scares me more than a few harsh words on twitter to a player.

18 minutes ago, Jamie DCFC said:

Personally I don't agree with Darren's actions at all. Going after the fans, who have their right to complain, (not that I agree with everything they have to say) on social media after throwing away a game is only going to cause problems. 

Why do the fans have a right to complain but the players have no right to respond?

9 minutes ago, Iacomus said:

No, because I don't pay to sit and watch other company's employees do their jobs, nor do I pay money to turn on my TV and watch them do their jobs.

Derby's income (and therefore wage bill) is directly tied to the people who turn up and watch them play to shun these people for being frustrated with how things are going is wrong. Sure, it can overstep the mark at times, but we shouldn't ever try and prevent that criticism. People becoming apathetic about the club scares me more than a few harsh words on twitter to a player.

Ok do you pay actors wages?

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why do the fans have a right to complain but the players have no right to respond?

Not saying he has no right to respond, but tweeting about it is only going to add fuel to the fire and doesn't seem like the most professional way to go about it

42 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

I'm confused. Last week I had to hate the players because they didn't care enough, now it seems I have to hate them because they care too much (but are not entitled to due to their wages).

I am ready to hate, but just need to know why I am hating.

(It was easier when we just hated Nottingham).

I think the hate rotates between Keogh, De Sart, Bent and Camara depending on the lunar calendar.

As ode Shaky would have said, Much ado about nowt.

Fans getting mardy about a comment from Benty, fans getting mardy about fans getting mardy.....

The vast majority of Derby fans will have one of two views on this.

1) They won't know about it because they're not on twitter or the forum.

2) They couldn't give a flying fck anyway and will probably say to someone at work, "you going forest?"

3 hours ago, Iacomus said:

Just because you pay someone money it doesn't mean you do what you want to them.

Well, you can. But is that the route any employer should go down.

You pay him to play. He plays. 

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's what is said, these players earn so much, it shouldn't bother them.

He's only as human as the next guy, irrelevant of wealth..... I'm sure if I was millionaire I'd have things that bother and upset me. 

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Just because you pay someone money it doesn't mean you do what you want to them.

Well, you can. But is that the route any employer should go down.

You pay him to play. He plays. 

No one is suggesting that derby fans "do whatever they want with them". It's online criticism which, admittedly isn't always the most constructive, but easily avoidable for players - don't go on social media post defeat?!?!?

A lot of these players (you would hope) have aspirations of playing for the premier league, maybe even playing for bigger clubs than Derby, do they think it gets easier?! That the criticism subsides the higher up you go?

Archived