Darren Bent

Waffle

Don't get me wrong. Supporter's have every right to be frustrated if they pay to watch and are disappointed. And fair play to Darren for responding to it because in a way it shows he's not just in it for the paycheck. 

I think there's more constructive ways to make a team play better than getting on their back. Supporter's are more likely to sing when we're winning. But our constant need to scapegoat has to stop.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely agree. Getting to the point that the players must hate playing at home due to the toxic crowd. Any slight error instantly generates groans around the ground.

I think the fact that McClaren praised the crowd for sticking with the team at half time on Saturday (ie not booing) when it was still 0-0 shows just how bad the fans have gotten. It should be a given that the team don't get booed off at half time. 

The fans that deem anything other than promotion a 'failure' would be better off buying tickets for prem teams and going there because it seems they only care about watching a team that's in the prem.

So the forward Darren Bent who missed an absolute sitter (who the majority of under 7's kids in the country would of scored)

against Burton is responsible for not scoring in that game, some of these so called footballers never fail to surprise me or make me laugh. As for the goal line clearance against Leicester City.....hilarious that Derby pay him a wage!

You can't get on the pitch, and when you do, we have to suffer, because what ever place you are in, it's not the direction the other 10 players are pulling in!

Fair play to Darren who can use Twitter whilst getting a pay check that we can all carry on dreaming about, for doing very little. Who needs a scapegoat, when Darren Bent's about!

11 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

A player should never go after the fans online, especially after how the team has performed this year. 

Why not?

I quite like him having a bite back and I criticised the substitutions. 

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

Why not?

I quite like him having a bite back and I criticised the substitutions. 

I'm sorry but I've travelled some distance and seen some absolute dross this year. Norwich away was horrible and set me back over £100 with tickets, travel etc. Bent should shut up and show us on the pitch why he deserves a year extension here, instead of laughing at loyal fan's opinions who work there socks off to watch their team play week in week out. 

2 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

I'm sorry but I've travelled some distance and seen some absolute dross this year. Norwich away was horrible and set me back over £100 with tickets, travel etc. Bent should shut up and show us on the pitch why he deserves a year extension here, instead of laughing at loyal fan's opinions who work there socks off to watch their team play week in week out. 

**** me.

It's this horrific sense of entitlement from fans that's making me consider renewing next year, not the players or performances. 

I felt the substitutions were poor but at least he's showing he cares. 

Says a lot to me that in the last year and a half it's been two 33 year old consummate professionals that have hit back at the fans. 

Bent should have been up the pitch closing down the goalkeeper who was playing on the halfway line. Anyway nuff said.

I hope this shows we need a big improvement in retaining the ball. The subs weren't to blame as individuals but McClaren shouldn't have changed this like he did.

But saying that the atmosphere at home games is awful, can hardly remember a song sung last night it was dreadful, and when a player does the slightest thing wrong the moaning starts its very embarrassing at times

Shouldn't be going on their criticising the fans imo, nice to see that he cares of course as I feel a few others don't, but the fans have every right to question what mcclaren was doing last night. Bents sub was actually the only one that made sense, the other two, especially the Bryson one were abolsutely amateur. Why on earth change shape in the last few minutes, from the system that we'd been playing all game, to a different one that would take a few minutes to adapt to! It's not like the 433 is any more defensive a shape, it's more for controlling a game which we certainly didn't seem like doing! And to make it worse he brings on an attacking mid rather than the defensive mid sat on the bench!

Im sorry but to defend the subs last night is obscene, they may not have been the main cause of the equaliser, but they certainly didn't help our situation 

47 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

but he's a millionaire. He should be able to handle someone punching him in the face and shooting his wife and kids in front of him. If he can't he shouldn't be a footballer!

Oh yes, because that is exactly the same as some criticism.

14 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Bent should have been up the pitch closing down the goalkeeper who was playing on the halfway line. Anyway nuff said.

I hope this shows we need a big improvement in retaining the ball. The subs weren't to blame as individuals but McClaren shouldn't have changed this like he did.

Absolutely spot on 

I think Benty seems to be mistaking the issue around the subs. To me it wasn't their fault but the fault of whoever made the decision to put those specific players on the pitch. They weren't the right players to bring on in that situation.

47 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

So the forward Darren Bent who missed an absolute sitter (who the majority of under 7's kids in the country would of scored)

against Burton is responsible for not scoring in that game, some of these so called footballers never fail to surprise me or make me laugh. As for the goal line clearance against Leicester City.....hilarious that Derby pay him a wage!

You can't get on the pitch, and when you do, we have to suffer, because what ever place you are in, it's not the direction the other 10 players are pulling in!

Fair play to Darren who can use Twitter whilst getting a pay check that we can all carry on dreaming about, for doing very little. Who needs a scapegoat, when Darren Bent's about!

How come me and you aren't footballers if it's so easy?

Archived