Darren Bent

Waffle

I know it sounds daft but I miss the days of Clough Football when we had hardly any expectation the moaners and booers stayed away and we was happy if we was even in a game still. Can't remember much negativity aimed the team. Unfortunately now we have a wave of fans coming back when Mel came in with his big bucks..

I can't stand our fans and most don't deserve Premiership football. Sums it up when a fan next to me is saying "We're ******* **** Derby get you're act together you're being out played all game!" yet it's 5 minutes into the game..

P.S I'm glad Bent said something also no one can criticize him, without him and Ince we'd be saying hello to the Relegation zone...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ok do you pay actors wages?

Cinema goers do yes, but do they go and watch the same actors produce the same thing every week in a round robin league format with other groups of actors? (Insert joke about how all modern movie plots are the same)

And if I did and watched a group of actors that for there supposed value, regularly under-performed, after the 5th or 6th showing I'd probably be disappointed.

1 minute ago, Iacomus said:

Cinema goers do yes, but do they go and watch the same actors produce the same thing every week in a round robin league format with other groups of actors? (Insert joke about how all modern movie plots are the same)

And if I did and watched a group of actors that for there supposed value, regularly under-performed, after the 5th or 6th showing I'd probably be disappointed.

Very strange way of looking at things in my opinion.

When I pay my season ticket money I believe I am paying to reserve myself a seat in the hope that that club provide me some entertainment.

If they don't then my gripe should be with the club because they are not employing a manager/players to provide that entertainment.

If I go to Tesco and the checkout operator is not scanning things as fast as I want I don't boo them, then go home and hunt them down on social media so that I can tell them that I pay their wages so they should be performing better, so I don't feel the need to do the same with footballers.

Sure it's fine to be disappointed with players, I am guilty of coming on here sometimes and berating them, but abusing them and their families on social media...really?!

Maybe I was just brought up differently.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

When I pay my season ticket money I believe I am paying to reserve myself a seat in the hope that that club provide me some entertainment.

If they don't then my gripe should be with the club because they are not employing a manager/players to provide that entertainment.

If I go to Tesco and the checkout operator is not scanning things as fast as I want I don't boo them, then go home and hunt them down on social media so that I can tell them that I pay their wages so they should be performing better, so I don't feel the need to do the same with footballers.

Sure it's fine to be disappointed with players, I am guilty of coming on here sometimes and berating them, but abusing them and their families on social media...really?!

Again, I'm not suggesting abuse, I've acknowledged that the criticism isn't always constructive and over steps the mark at times.

The Tesco analogy is odd, you're not paying for the checkout operator to entertain you? 

The club is the sum of all of its parts, I've been personally critical of other aspects of the club in the past, but I firmly believe the problem lies squarely with the players at the minute.

10 hours ago, Tombo said:

Why not? What makes us so high and mighty and above criticism?

Nobody in any walk of life has that privilege. Nobody is exempt from criticism. 

It's not about being high and mighty, or being above criticism, it's about the relationship between club and supporters. Derby County fans should be the ones criticising the reactions from some of our own fans. When players do it, it simply causes more of a rift (in most cases), and doesn't end up looking good on anyone. 

54 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I know it sounds daft but I miss the days of Clough Football when we had hardly any expectation the moaners and booers stayed away and we was happy if we was even in a game still. Can't remember much negativity aimed the team. Unfortunately now we have a wave of fans coming back when Mel came in with his big bucks..

I can't stand our fans and most don't deserve Premiership football. Sums it up when a fan next to me is saying "We're ******* **** Derby get you're act together you're being out played all game!" yet it's 5 minutes into the game..

P.S I'm glad Bent said something also no one can criticize him, without him and Ince we'd be saying hello to the Relegation zone...

Like many of the blind faith Clough supporters you are delusional . There was plenty of moaning. The mogadon football of his last full season still hurts. To be happy to just still be in a game isn't enough. 

15 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Like many of the blind faith Clough supporters you are delusional . There was plenty of moaning. The mogadon football of his last full season still hurts. To be happy to just still be in a game isn't enough. 

Oh I'm far from a Clough supporter. He stabilized us, got us being hard working and a team full of grafters. I doubt he'd of took us much further with mass amounts of money and think we did the the right thing. His taking a Striker off for a defender when we're losing, drawing or winning was stupid etc etc etc.

What I'm getting at we'd have around 22,000-23,000 each game maybe less but it's no where near as toxic as it is now. You can see the players not want the ball especially when we're behind. Any miss place pass gets moaned at in turn the players don't want the ball even when Carson gets the ball he's being told to boot it up aimlessly and hope for the best.

Watch Man Utd this season and listen to the crowd especially last game. Their getting worse and worse for it and it's not helping the team. Especially Pogba.

All you can do is laugh at the negativity otherwise you'd probably go crazy.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

That made me proper giggle. Just picturing someone stood booing a checkout operator.

But I agree re social media. I would hazard a guess most of these brave people who give it out online wouldn't dare say it to their faces.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm waiting for the day when people in Tesco applaud and cheer a successful self stacking, I loved the way you slotted that last tin of beans in to the gap Tony, pure magic! Worth the checkout bill!

Just because you can do something, doesn't make it right. It's one thing interacting with players via social media and even telling them they're not very good, if that's your thing. But this is abuse and why should anyone have to put up with that?!

2 hours ago, DRBee said:

You serious? What he's saying has nothing to do with Clough.

It's been toxic since 14/15. 

I too miss the crowds of 22,000.

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

It's not about being high and mighty, or being above criticism, it's about the relationship between club and supporters. Derby County fans should be the ones criticising the reactions from some of our own fans. When players do it, it simply causes more of a rift (in most cases), and doesn't end up looking good on anyone. 

Okay so then by that same logic surely the only criticism the players should receive should be internally? Keep the relationship purely positive between fans and players?

The fans started this and they can't take a bit of criticism back.

19 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Okay so then by that same logic surely the only criticism the players should receive should be internally? Keep the relationship purely positive between fans and players?

The fans started this and they can't take a bit of criticism back.

Yes, that would be the case in an ideal world.

I don't know what job you do, or if you have a job, but I'd bet you'd rather take criticism/feedback from your boss/employer, rather than every single person you've come into contact with as part of that job, no?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just because you can do something, doesn't make it right. It's one thing interacting with players via social media and even telling them they're not very good, if that's your thing. But this is abuse and why should anyone have to put up with that?!

Delete twitter

block posters

make your account private

dont rise to it

dont respond to antagonise the gobby Neanderthals

plenty of things he could do himself to not have to to put up with it. 

4 hours ago, Iacomus said:

No one is suggesting that derby fans "do whatever they want with them". It's online criticism which, admittedly isn't always the most constructive, but easily avoidable for players - don't go on social media post defeat?!?!?

A lot of these players (you would hope) have aspirations of playing for the premier league, maybe even playing for bigger clubs than Derby, do they think it gets easier?! That the criticism subsides the higher up you go?

6 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Delete twitter

block posters

dont rise to it

but why should someone have to stop doing something cos of harrassment?

If your kid is being bullied at school do you think telling them it's their fault for going to school in the first place is fair?

8 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Delete twitter

block posters

dont rise to it

Why should the victim have to change?

Archived