Darren Bent

Waffle

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Don't suppose anyone is sticking up for him? 

Some of us have given it and will take it back and some of us didn't give it.

But I bet those are being drowned out by the "You work for me!! I AM Derby County" breed. 

You know I'm one of the few who are fighting against the tide of the "outraged" on there.....

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Justified or not, criticising fans doesn't do any good.

Darren Bent is probably right, but he shouldn't have a pop at fans. 

Why not? What makes us so high and mighty and above criticism?

Nobody in any walk of life has that privilege. Nobody is exempt from criticism. 

I'm glad he had a go back. What he earns is eff all to do with it. Bet you he was as p*ss*d of as we were at the way it panned out. He didn't go too far. He just said what most of say about the moaners and the groaners. Mind you they need to learn from it.

i'd much prefer to see this than the usual clap trap like

"Me and the lads was gutted for each other and the fans and we take responsibility and lessons will be learned " ... Meh ..spoon fed baby pap 

13 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Why not? What makes us so high and mighty and above criticism?

Nobody in any walk of life has that privilege. Nobody is exempt from criticism. 

Correct, nobody is exempt from criticism. However it can't be said that he was being wise to criticise the fan base, as now he's opened himself up to more stick from the fans unnecessarily, rather than if he'd just stayed quiet.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Correct, nobody is exempt from criticism. However it can't be said that he was being wise to criticise the fan base, as now he's opened himself up to more stick from the fans unnecessarily, rather than if he'd just stayed quiet.

Well it has no effect on the players does it, they earn so much it's a shield.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He's not criticised the fan base.

He's criticised a section.

It's probably the same section that boo the players so sure a bit more stick won't hurt.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What's it got to do with money? 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He's not criticised the fan base.

He's criticised a section.

It's probably the same section that boo the players so sure a bit more stick won't hurt.

But I'm sure you can appreciate, there are more intelligent ways to go about it. But at the end of the day, he's human. 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Many interviews with McClaren has shown that he believes the crowd has an impact!

Just now, Andicis said:

But I'm sure you can appreciate, there are more intelligent ways to go about it. But at the end of the day, he's human. 

Many interviews with McClaren has shown that he believes the crowd has an impact!

Yes I know that - that was sarcasm. So many fans say it shouldn't have an effect on them, or they should get over it with all the money they get.

Archived