Brighton Vs Derby

rynny

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Pearce was awful. He tried, but got totally bullied by Glenn Murray and was pulled all over the place by Baldock's movement. But at least he tried.

Christie was caught out of possession. Had problems with Brighton's directness. Put in some good crosses at times, ran up and down the line. At least he tried.

Olsson was found wanting against Knockaert (surely not the first LB this season), but it wasn't for a lack of trying.

Hughes came on, put in a few poor challenges as he tried to win the ball back, ran with the ball as he tried to get us moving, gave it away a few times. Poor performance, but not a lack of trying.

Vydra's fnishing wasn't great (not the first time this season), but he looked to get on the ball, move forward. Lost it a few times unneccessarily, but again wasn't a lack of effort. More a lack of intelligence.

Now for Butterfield. This guy didn't even attempt to fulfill his role in the side. That's the key difference here. He didn't even look to play the ball forward. That's his feckin job in the team. Link play. 

But he didn't. He just got the ball, slowed down play and passed it back to the CB's time and time again. What the feck is that about? He wasn't even trying to take responsilibty, just shifting it.

He was absolutely dire, and it was the worst performance of any one player I've seen this season.

Camara has had some mares this season, and in general looks like a donkey, but I knew what to expect from him so I'm hardly anticipating him to suddenly mimick Neymar.

But Butterfield's role is to link the defence and attack. He has done that throughout his career. Today he passed on the baton, and made no attempt to do his job. It was a disgrace man.

He supposed to be a thoroughbred horse, wasn't he the fastest thing in France?

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else sick of hearing every commentator/pundit rattle on about how much money we've spent! Yes ok we've spent a load of money and we're sh** before we had under invested and we were sh** for a brief period we hadn't spent much money and were quite but not quite good enough. 

7 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I've paid/been sponsored to play for Derby in the Football Aid game at Pride Park in the summer. Been slightly worried about letting people down BUT not anymore:whistle:

Hey have a fantastic time.  Give it all you've got and you won't let anyone down.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

You will look a fool, seeing as the game has been moved to the previous Friday night!:D

Least you'll know how it goes though!

Ta Rev ! :lol: ... I missed that little piece of info. Might turn it in to a film .. Friday night and Saturday morning. 

The blurb in the imbd film review of Saturday night and Sunday morning starts "Arthur Seaton spends his workingweek days in a mindles haze but his weekends are even more muddled"  ..... Sound familiar ? 

6 minutes ago, SWRam said:

Fantastic performance tonight. Great game plan, players stuck to it with the superb cohesion of a team at one together. Some wonderful individual performances too. The effort at times was amazing, first to every ball, tip top passing, great movement off the ball, and a myriad of shots on goal. The lads were up for it tonight, and were incredibly unfortunate to lose 3-0.

COME ON YOU RAMS!

Sounds like a report I read I the Huddersfield echo about a David Wagner team performance.

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But why bring in a loan? The chances of us making the top six were remote to say the least, so why bring in a player who isn't likely to be here beyond the summer? Nugent will be here next season.

And no I wouldn't prefer Rowett. The guy did a decent job at Burton and Birmingham, but both under very different circumstances. At Brum, they were a counterattacking side.

Derby, under Mel's vision, will look to dominate the ball and play on the front foot. Rowett has no managerial experience playing this way, so it would be a big risk in hoping that he can adapt.

In McClaren we have a manager who can get us playing the way in which Mel wants. Is there anybody here who didn't enjoy the football we played in 2013/14 and for the most part of 2014/15?

But with our current squad as it is, that standard is way off. McClaren needs to be given the resources and time to build back towards that. He needs help in the recruitment department.

I'm no expert, but I've mentioned countless times the sort of players which we need. I'm only a fan of the club, so surely those employed by DCFC should have a broader knowledge than me.

The so-called experts, with the resources we have, should be able to bring in the right sort of players to fit the exact roles which we need in the team. If they can't, then it's honestly a complete shambles.

What does a counter attacking football not suit vydra and ince..

fozzy, Christie,Hughes and Thorne make a formidable team. 

In my opinion I would enjoy a change in tactic.. or even just enjoy a tactic as I haven't seen one since clement. 

Idont think an overhaul is needed just a change in thinking. If the manager doesn't see it change HIM 

CM, Vydra, Fozzy, Christie, Hughes, Thorne and Ince is a brilliant team, add keogh and shackell together the teams done.. 

just a manger change 

1 minute ago, WestLondonRam said:

What does a counter attacking football not suit vydra and ince..

fozzy, Christie,Hughes and Thorne make a formidable team. 

In my opinion I would enjoy a change in tactic.. or even just enjoy a tactic as I haven't seen one since clement. 

Idont think an overhaul is needed just a change in thinking. If the manager doesn't see it change HIM 

CM, Vydra, Fozzy, Christie, Hughes, Thorne and Ince is a brilliant team, add keogh and shackell together the teams done.. 

just a manger change 

Or just try getting them on the pitch at the same time. 

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Back to our worst by the sounds of radio derby's expert analists....we need more "ratting"

Just got in, was it that bad those who've seen it? I'm about to delve back into the thread to find out.........

You're a brave man

Yep, it was pretty bad, Brighton were the much better team tonight

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Back to our worst by the sounds of radio derby's expert analists....we need more "ratting"

Just got in, was it that bad those who've seen it? I'm about to delve back into the thread to find out.........

Oh yes!!

Archived