Brighton Vs Derby

rynny

Good luck to Brighton, thought they had it bad last season with the injuries etc. Just hope it's not Leeds or Sheff Wed third. I'll be shouting for Huddersfield.

Blimey, never said that before..

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 54th birthday today lol

And in all them years... I'm past caring with this lot.

Brighton picked us off when they felt like it.

3 years ago we were beating 'em home and away in the play-offs ffs

You gotta start at the top....it's alright blaming McLaren, and these feeble players... who's paying their wages?

Bad decision's from the very top...Mel might mean well but he knows **** all about football..

Sam Rush?!

My hometown club is a ******* mess...

9 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

My 54th birthday today lol

And in all them years... I'm past caring with this lot.

Brighton picked us off when they felt like it.

3 years ago we were beating 'em home and away in the play-offs ffs

You gotta start at the top....it's alright blaming McLaren, and these feeble players... who's paying their wages?

Bad decision's from the very top...Mel might mean well but he knows **** all about football..

Sam Rush?!

Good point. Mel knows **** all about football. Sam has less knowledge than Mel.

Mel needed a proper football man advising him not an agent.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Good point. Mel knows **** all about football. Sam has less knowledge than Mel.

Mel needed a proper football man advising him not an agent.

I hate it mate...it pain's me.

I used to be so proud when them white shirts ran out the tunnel..

It kills me...this lot.

In 2017 none of us are making the decisions... we're just the silly ***** who keep on supporting 'em.

The Derby fans deserve better than this.

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

Would have liked to have seen our 13/14 team vs this Brighton team. Would have been a fascinating contest indeed

1 Grant
33 Wisdom
6 Keogh
25 Buxton
3 Forsyth Booked at 84mins
8 Hendrick
34 Thorne Booked at 90mins
4 Bryson Substituted for Hughes at 90+2'minutes
10 Ward Booked at 36minsSubstituted for Sammon at 72'minutesBooked at 77mins
9 Martin
11 Russell Substituted for Dawkins at 66'minutes

4 minutes ago, Perseus said:

1 Grant
33 Wisdom
6 Keogh
25 Buxton
3 Forsyth Booked at 84mins
8 Hendrick
34 Thorne Booked at 90mins
4 Bryson Substituted for Hughes at 90+2'minutes
10 Ward Booked at 36minsSubstituted for Sammon at 72'minutesBooked at 77mins
9 Martin
11 Russell Substituted for Dawkins at 66'minutes

So what's the ******* point?

We battered 'em.

Tonight they battered us.

If you wanna live in cloud cuckoo land that's up to you.

This club is going backwards..

We're ****..end of.

17 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

So what's the ******* point?

We battered 'em.

Tonight they battered us.

If you wanna live in cloud cuckoo land that's up to you.

This club is going backwards..

We're ****..end of.

Staying still whilst the rest of the Championship has got better?  

4 minutes ago, Perseus said:

Staying still whilst the rest of the Championship has got better?  

Yeah that's exactly it.

Who's fault's that?

Have we got a scouting system lol

Bad decisions...we've been making them for a long, long time.

******* Bournemouth would die to get 30k every week.

But look where they are...

It's gotta change.

Enough is enough.

4 hours ago, MrsRam said:

Good luck to Brighton, thought they had it bad last season with the injuries etc. Just hope it's not Leeds or Sheff Wed third. I'll be shouting for Huddersfield.

Blimey, never said that before..

Irrelevant who finishes 3rd. It's who wins at Wembley that counts. 

5 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

We needed a hardworking team that would keep possession and dig in to break up Brighton's movement. Bryson, Russell and Hughes starting the game would probably have won us a point and boosted morale and confidence.

Dont kid yourself. 

We just lost to the team with the best home record in all 4 divisions.

6 hours ago, Hadabelly said:

Apparently we had 55% possession. 55% of going nowhere. 

Sorry 55% of going backwards.

I'm almost surprised it isn't higher than that. We seemed to have longish periods of possession which created very little. 

We seemed collectively to lack 3 basic things. ...

- vision/intelligence. There were occasions where we had players moving forward into space but passes only seemed to be made in the direction our players were facing. 

- movement. Where have mcclarens trademark 3rd man runs gone? Now player A passes to player B then stands still as player B knocks it back first time. Achieving nothing. Ince and Christie do this a lot.

- tactics that suit the players. Who had told de sart that knocking long balls into channels was going to end well?

Difficult to form a view as to how good Brighton were. They held us off sooo easily and once they'd walked through our central defence a couple of times just seemed to p*** about. I've seen us lose there a few times but last night was by far the most dispiriting in terms of performance , 

Our bench didn't seem that animated. Perhaps they've thrown the towel in?

5 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

It really isn't. 

4 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

The Derby fans deserve better than this.

Based on? 

Why do we 'deserve' to be higher in the table than any of the teams above us?

4 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

******* Bournemouth would die to get 30k every week.

For the extra revenue maybe. If the extra fans were going to be as poor at supporting the team as ours are I'm sure they would rather stick with what they've got.

Really pee'd off with last night... Not so much with the result and performance, I could see that coming. They were better than us in every department, to be honest I really enjoyed watching their movement and pace.. It was simply just good football, played by good players who knew what they were doing.

The reason for my frustration was just how far we have slipped. Who of us would have thought BHA would reach the Premier League before DCFC when we watch us take them apart in the play offs. Football is cyclical, I know that, but when it is self inflicted the frustration grows.

I know people on here cling to Morris like he is some sort of saviour and being local and having money means by default you will be a super chairman.. Sorry but he has made some massive errors, I could ramble on about his mistakes but they are well documented. What a complete and utter shambles his reign has been. I read a lot about we will do in the summer, clear outs etc.. Build a team around this player, that player.. Get Martin back everything will be okay. Bryson will turn the clock back and everything will be as it was. Sorry, reality check our problems are now deeper than that. Take a step back and hand on heart what morsel of hope makes you think that our management team and I include playing and board, have the ability to perform the major surgery that this team needs. We have moved past minor surgery that was initially needed, we are way passed that.

Have we seen any glimmer of hope on the recruitment front? Do we trust these people who identify talent to actually do that. SMC and his contacts for loan players? De Sart Ffs.

Even if a miracle of biblical proportions happens in the summer and we get these 6 or 7 players in, do we lose the small amount of quality that we do have now to fund that? Hughes and Ince may well have to be sold to balance the books. Morris is just not going to throw mega money at it..

I know Some think I am a bit negative about the club, those who know me will know I am really not.. I am frustrated big time.. It's not entitlement, that's bollx... I have seen the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows with our club. I know what we are and what we will be going forward... We were within touching distance of a period of success, success for us is playing in the top league and competing against the best in this country.. Egos and really, really poor decisions have cocked that up.. Root cause... I'm sorry but Morris has to take his share of the blame..

The apathy in the ground last night was shocking.. No real expection of anything just flat nothingness.. people I see consistently at away games, die hard supporters of our club.. Positive people who always hope, just looked beaten..

Next season do we really think we will be at the races.. Massive changes all of a sudden bed in and play like a team? 

I have met Sam Rush and I know the apathy will be ringing alarm bells in the boardroom.. Clough went because of dwindling crowd numbers... I don't know how season ticket sales are going but you could see lots of empty seats appearing.  30k against Barnsley, not a chance. Count the season tickets but lots did not go..

Bring on the rugby...

6 hours ago, MrsRam said:

I'm not going to press play. Its just too depressing.

(cue sarcy post from G Sarc Ram about crap supporters)

11 hours ago, Justa said:

Are u stupid enough to give McClaren money to spend?

Who has he wasted money on? Out of our last set of post clough managers I'd say his recruitment has been best...

11 hours ago, WestLondonRam said:

Butterfiekd has never been a good player. 

Baird should never be anything more than a back up. 

Pearce cannot play without Keogh.. (all the keogh has a fault a game crew) 

de sart is not a CDM 

no ball retainer again. 

Bent is a luxury not a lone striker 

needs a quick change at half time.. Hughes to control the ball bryson the runner/ niggler

mighf as well take a chance with Bennett seasons over 

Baird is so much better than Christie and that run this season showed that. Who'd have thought that a footballing brain is worth more than bulging muscles and pace?! 

Same story last night - players too scared to try anything other than the safe option so we pass it around the back until Pearce kicks it straight over Bents head and out of a goal kick. 

All possession with not nearly enough efforts on target - same as the last 2 months. 

6 hours ago, MrsRam said:

You're cruel @Mrs Ram

I couldn't get a ticket for that game though I'd been to the first leg at the Amex. 

Streamed it. Omg I was welling up at how good we were. The verve,  the pace, the joyful play. The joy that team brought to the crowd. The appreciation / awe in the sky commentators voice.

Seems an age ago. Where have they gone? Whata happened? ??

10 hours ago, Ellafella said:

A white and very nice bottle of white..Sauvignon Blanc first half. "Horologist" from Morrissons, £8.

A red...Cairanne...from M & S, £10 from M & S second half. 

The red is superb and should pretty much obliterate that performance from all of my memory cells pretty much for ever. Me, tomorrow:

Me (circa 9 am tomorrow): "Hey! How did we do against Brighton last night lads?" :mellow:

Did it work?

By the way we won 4-3, came back from 3-0 down with 2 goals in extra time the second of which was with the last kick of the game. Probably go down as the greatest Championship match of all-time.

Heroes, all of them!

Archived