Brighton Vs Derby

rynny

12 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Like I say, Hughes? 

Came on and passed backwards to the defence. Or ran out of play. Or lost it. Or gave fouls away from which they scored. 

Bryson? 

Fouled and run around. Barely touched the ball.

De Sart? 

At fault for both first half goals in my opinion. 

I felt the entire team were second best. Awful even. It was awful to watch. To a man. 

Your posts blame just Butterfield. I don't get that.

First goal started from Butterfields crap forward pass that the Brighton player picked up by calling derby 331331 (Iam a western fan :0 )

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Rumours are that Mels ran into the dressing room and stone cold stunnered the entire squad, he's currently stood in the directors box necking cans of beer, flipping people off. Stewards don't know what to do 

Flipping people off!! Ha ha. 

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

But why bring in a loan? The chances of us making the top six were remote to say the least, so why bring in a player who isn't likely to be here beyond the summer? Nugent will be here next season.

And no I wouldn't prefer Rowett. The guy did a decent job at Burton and Birmingham, but both under very different circumstances. At Brum, they were a counterattacking side.

Derby, under Mel's vision, will look to dominate the ball and play on the front foot. Rowett has no managerial experience playing this way, so it would be a big risk in hoping that he can adapt.

In McClaren we have a manager who can get us playing the way in which Mel wants. Is there anybody here who didn't enjoy the football we played in 2013/14 and for the most part of 2014/15?

But with our current squad as it is, that standard is way off. McClaren needs to be given the resources and time to build back towards that. He needs help in the recruitment department.

I'm no expert, but I've mentioned countless times the sort of players which we need. I'm only a fan of the club, so surely those employed by DCFC should have a broader knowledge than me.

The so-called experts, with the resources we have, should be able to bring in the right sort of players to fit the exact roles which we need in the team. If they can't, then it's honestly a complete shambles.

Sorry bris but you seem to forget that most of these players were brought in under Mac or his recruitment guy chris Evans. Pearce, Baird , bent , ince , christie , shackell, Carson, thorne , butterfield, Johnson, nugent , weimann , de start all Mac or evans signings. Or they were with Mac last time like Bryson, hughes, russell, and Keogh. 

Only olsson , Blackman and camara, were clement signings and only vydra and any a were Pearson signings.

so any idea that Mac and evans should be given the summer to fix our bloated and useless squad is just wrong.. They were the ones who built the squad in the first place. 

8 minutes ago, jono said:

Nothing constructive to add apart from some lame excuses about missing key players.  So .... getting the airbrush out and pretending this was just a bad dream.

night all. I'll be there on April fools day for the next home game. Oh .. It's QPR. There is a ghost in the machine. :unsure:

You will look a fool, seeing as the game has been moved to the previous Friday night!:D

Least you'll know how it goes though!

16 minutes ago, ramit said:

Baird and Vydra i would say to be fair, from what i could stand watching that is

Ince was doing his best too IMO. Have to say didn't understand taking Nugent off. Plus, when we're two down, leaving no one up front during corners/deadball situations.

Just now, WestLondonRam said:

Furious listening to that idiot.. blaming everyone but him....

end of the road for me 

Good. What was said was this:

"The attitude of the players has been fantastic. We've not had many days like this. There's stability, there's been too much change." SMc

"We have a long way to go. That is the lesson tonight. We have a lot to do. As a football club we'll get their." Steve McClaren #dcfcfans

Very disappointed. We didn't handle the ball or physicality. They were strong men. We got beat up and out ran." Steve McClaren #dcfcfans

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But why bring in a loan? The chances of us making the top six were remote to say the least, so why bring in a player who isn't likely to be here beyond the summer? Nugent will be here next season.

And no I wouldn't prefer Rowett. The guy did a decent job at Burton and Birmingham, but both under very different circumstances. At Brum, they were a counterattacking side.

Derby, under Mel's vision, will look to dominate the ball and play on the front foot. Rowett has no managerial experience playing this way, so it would be a big risk in hoping that he can adapt.

In McClaren we have a manager who can get us playing the way in which Mel wants. Is there anybody here who didn't enjoy the football we played in 2013/14 and for the most part of 2014/15?

But with our current squad as it is, that standard is way off. McClaren needs to be given the resources and time to build back towards that. He needs help in the recruitment department.

I'm no expert, but I've mentioned countless times the sort of players which we need. I'm only a fan of the club, so surely those employed by DCFC should have a broader knowledge than me.

The so-called experts, with the resources we have, should be able to bring in the right sort of players to fit the exact roles which we need in the team. If they can't, then it's honestly a complete shambles.

But to preside over a performance like that, irrespective of the personnel, is unacceptable.

You cannot possibly back someone with funds when you have just witnessed that debacle

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Personally i think that, when Mel Morris spoke about the "Derby way", what he meant in reality was the way Derby played under SMC during our run to the playoffs.

So I think that MM is a big fan of SMC and he will stick by him.

17 minutes ago, Eargasm said:

Sadly , I can still remember the glory days..... Hinton, Hector, O'Hare, Carlin  etc...... since them it's been mainly downhill !.... in fact there has been many times when I thought we had changed our name from Derby County to Derby Nil !...... but here's hoping next season will be better !........ chin up guys, It's not all doom and gloom !.......... we're still the BEST side in Derbyshire ! ( just) :ph34r:

Until I was 7 I 'supported' Man U because of Bobby Charlton. Hinton, Hector, O'Hare, Carlin  etc. have a lot to answer for!! :thumbsup:

Brighton were excellent in the first half. Made us look like a Sunday league team. We were totally clueless. 2nd half they just sat back and soaked up our feeble efforts having done the job in first half. Summed it up in the closing moments when Olsen had the ball and was hassled by a Brighton player to such an extent he kicked it out!

12 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Like I say, Hughes? 

Came on and passed backwards to the defence. Or ran out of play. Or lost it. Or gave fouls away from which they scored. 

Bryson? 

Fouled and run around. Barely touched the ball.

De Sart? 

At fault for both first half goals in my opinion. 

I felt the entire team were second best. Awful even. It was awful to watch. To a man. 

Your posts blame just Butterfield. I don't get that.

Pearce was awful. He tried, but got totally bullied by Glenn Murray and was pulled all over the place by Baldock's movement. But at least he tried.

Christie was caught out of possession. Had problems with Brighton's directness. Put in some good crosses at times, ran up and down the line. At least he tried.

Olsson was found wanting against Knockaert (surely not the first LB this season), but it wasn't for a lack of trying.

Hughes came on, put in a few poor challenges as he tried to win the ball back, ran with the ball as he tried to get us moving, gave it away a few times. Poor performance, but not a lack of trying.

Vydra's fnishing wasn't great (not the first time this season), but he looked to get on the ball, move forward. Lost it a few times unneccessarily, but again wasn't a lack of effort. More a lack of intelligence.

Now for Butterfield. This guy didn't even attempt to fulfill his role in the side. That's the key difference here. He didn't even look to play the ball forward. That's his feckin job in the team. Link play. 

But he didn't. He just got the ball, slowed down play and passed it back to the CB's time and time again. What the feck is that about? He wasn't even trying to take responsilibty, just shifting it.

He was absolutely dire, and it was the worst performance of any one player I've seen this season.

Camara has had some mares this season, and in general looks like a donkey, but I knew what to expect from him so I'm hardly anticipating him to suddenly mimick Neymar.

But Butterfield's role is to link the defence and attack. He has done that throughout his career. Today he passed on the baton, and made no attempt to do his job. It was a disgrace man.

Fantastic performance tonight. Great game plan, players stuck to it with the superb cohesion of a team at one together. Some wonderful individual performances too. The effort at times was amazing, first to every ball, tip top passing, great movement off the ball, and a myriad of shots on goal. The lads were up for it tonight, and were incredibly unfortunate to lose 3-0.

COME ON YOU RAMS!

1 minute ago, 1967Ram said:

Until I was 7 I 'supported' Man U because of Bobby Charlton. Hinton, Hector, O'Hare, Carlin  etc. have a lot to answer for!! :thumbsup:

Me too, in the early dayz......... although Denis Law was my fave back then !

3 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

But to preside over a performance like that, irrespective of the personnel, is unacceptable.

You cannot possibly back someone with funds when you have just witnessed that debacle

Brighton backed Hughton with funds in the summer of 2015. And they were worse than us tonight at the back-end of 2014/15. They scored 1 goal in their last 8 league matches for crying out loud.

1 minute ago, 1967Ram said:

Ince was doing his best too IMO. Have to say didn't understand taking Nugent off. Plus, when we're two down, leaving no one up front during corners/deadball situations.

Yes, right you are, he was the only one who dared to run at the defence

A quality player, no doubt, but he needs better around him and in back of him for that matter

6 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Personally i think that, when Mel Morris spoke about the "Derby way", what he meant in reality was the way Derby played under SMC during our run to the playoffs.

So I think that MM is a big fan of SMC and he will stick by him.

I'm a fan of Mac too...but worry about his ability to spot players. We have plenty of big names to come back...Thorne, Forsyth, Martin...but it seems that. in hindsight, sale of Hendrick was wrong. It's obvious where the issue is...MIDFIELD. Can Mac fix it? Stick with him I say, but we need a big IN who is a midfield iron girder. 

Archived