• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

Baird Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne Hughes 

Russel       Ince       Vydra

Martin

Out of the players we own this would be my starting 11. Tonight we had 3 of these  outfield players starting (Baird, Ince and Vydra) and two of them in a different position (Baird and Ince). I'm not sure what you lot expected with this starting 11 today but as soon as I saw this team I knew we would lose. I just hope next season we can get a consistently fit starting 11 because the ability is certainly there.

Disappointing result but hardly surprising. 

I don't understand some reactions (or overreactions) though, is there anything that different to how things were a week ago? two weeks? six weeks? ten weeks? I don't think so. I don't think it'll be any different in 6 weeks time either. Stuck in limbo. 

2 minutes ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Carson

Thorne Hughes 

Martin

Out of the players we own this would be my starting 11. Tonight we had 3 of these players starting (Baird, Ince and Vydra) and two of them in a different position (Baird and Ince). I'm not sure what you lot expected with this starting 11 today but as soon as I saw this team I knew we would lose. I just hope next season we can get a consistently fit starting 11 because the ability is certainly there.

Not a bad shout except I think Baird's days are numbered, SM likes Christie as he is more attacking or he'll buy. Baird will want assurances at his age about how often he will play.

The season is over after we smash the Red Dogs, as long as the players leave everything on the pitch next week then that's all we have to look forward to now.

It baffles me with this constant obsession people have with putting ince in the hole, 

Maybe theyve watched diffrent games to me but iv seen very little to suggest hes anything but a wide man if given the license to roam and cut inside can be a real threat

By starting centrally he loses that space and gets crowded out pretty easily and the game just passes him by 

1 hour ago, JG400 said:

First goal started from Butterfields crap forward pass that the Brighton player picked up by calling derby 331331 (Iam a western fan :0 )

First goal came from a throw in that their player controlled, took past De Sart then rocketed into the net. How was that Butterfield???

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Pearce was awful. He tried, but got totally bullied by Glenn Murray and was pulled all over the place by Baldock's movement. But at least he tried.

Christie was caught out of possession. Had problems with Brighton's directness. Put in some good crosses at times, ran up and down the line. At least he tried.

Olsson was found wanting against Knockaert (surely not the first LB this season), but it wasn't for a lack of trying.

Hughes came on, put in a few poor challenges as he tried to win the ball back, ran with the ball as he tried to get us moving, gave it away a few times. Poor performance, but not a lack of trying.

Vydra's fnishing wasn't great (not the first time this season), but he looked to get on the ball, move forward. Lost it a few times unneccessarily, but again wasn't a lack of effort. More a lack of intelligence.

Now for Butterfield. This guy didn't even attempt to fulfill his role in the side. That's the key difference here. He didn't even look to play the ball forward. That's his feckin job in the team. Link play. 

But he didn't. He just got the ball, slowed down play and passed it back to the CB's time and time again. What the feck is that about? He wasn't even trying to take responsilibty, just shifting it.

He was absolutely dire, and it was the worst performance of any one player I've seen this season.

Camara has had some mares this season, and in general looks like a donkey, but I knew what to expect from him so I'm hardly anticipating him to suddenly mimick Neymar.

But Butterfield's role is to link the defence and attack. He has done that throughout his career. Today he passed on the baton, and made no attempt to do his job. It was a disgrace man.

Eh? He has never played DM in his career to my mind. The Barnsley and Huddersfield fans I've heard say he was a number ten, a pure attacking midfielder. I think last season with us that's what he looked like, hence the assists and goals. No idea why Mac now sees him as a holding player and completely agree with anyone's suggestion that he be dropped from that position. I thought he was poor tonight. Not much wrong but had zero impact on the game. I just think he's wasted there. I want him up the pitch linking, shooting etc. That's what he's done his whole career. But tonight he was asked to sit in and retain possession. You could hear Mac screaming "possession" from the touch line. 

Don't agree that he wasn't trying. Don't dispute Hughes and others weren't either. But they were far worse than Buttergoat.

12 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

First goal came from a throw in that their player controlled, took past De Sart then rocketed into the net. How was that Butterfield???

Err no watch the replay again , I think you will find the commentator agreed with me , Butterfield lost possesion

14 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Can I just say, in all honesty, he looked the dogs at West Brom, and we were all begging Middlesborough to let us have him, and they said no.............thank god. 

25 minutes ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Carson

Thorne Hughes 

Martin

Out of the players we own this would be my starting 11. Tonight we had 3 of these  outfield players starting (Baird, Ince and Vydra) and two of them in a different position (Baird and Ince). I'm not sure what you lot expected with this starting 11 today but as soon as I saw this team I knew we would lose. I just hope next season we can get a consistently fit starting 11 because the ability is certainly there.

Alternatively, if Hughes can play in the hole (which would be great as I really rate BJ)

Carson

Thorne Johnson

Ince      Hughes      Vydra 

Martin

3 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Throw in. Into feet. Knockaert. He skips beyond De Sart and fires in from 25 yards. 

Am I in the twilight zone?!?

Don't care where the ball came from , watch the replay Butterfield  gave the ball away , commentator says this all started from butterfield giving the ball away cheaply , Brighton take possession (from a throw in if you insist ) and score Yes de sart was weak but Derby were on the back foot before then from a poor pass by Butterfield , when we were attacking

Who gives a ****!

Jeez we were miles away from Brighton once apon a time Brighton were miles behind us. Unfortunately they have stuck to their game plan and It looks like it's going to pay off. We'll done to Brighton. 

Us however have changed our game plan more times than a set of traffic lights at cock pit island. It has not worked out. I think it's time Mel sold us out to some split links or summat. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Brighton backed Hughton with funds in the summer of 2015. And they were worse than us tonight at the back-end of 2014/15. They scored 1 goal in their last 8 league matches for crying out loud.

I'm sorry, but my personal view is that I just don't trust Mac with the funds needed to change the team.

This is based on what happened last time he was here (Shotton, Albentosa, Masceralle)

And this January (de Sart, its not the lads' fault, but blimey.... )

Forest fans still fume about the players he brought to their club 

Plus, when things are not going well, he behaves like a rabbit in the headlights . His team choices and substitutions become increasingly bewildering. There is no evidence to suggest he knows what to do about it.

Just my view but the players do not seem to believe in him either. Surely they are better than they showed tonight ? They show no belief and to a man play well below their potential consistently. Why is that ? Isn't his job to get the best out of them ?

And tactically, constantly being outthought by opposition managers. From Grayson to Johnson, Warnock to Monk. Doesn't matter what end of the table their team is.

By the way, your Brighton analogy is flawed in numerous ways : Hughton only took over in January that year, their season had gone. And the goal stat you quoted is wrong too. 

Have to say, in Newcastle, it was hard to stick up for him, they absolutely slated him, even then,we were like, he's ok, he fits with us - they were like - fookin took us down, they didn't have a good word.  He didn't, but he had his work cut out, which he couldn't do...same here.  

Consistency is good, when you've got someone who you trust, come on, we don't trust him do we? I don't, 

That was one of the worst performances I have seen from the Rams.

I had to watch the game with a Brighton fan and I could tell he felt sorry for me.

Nowhere near good enough. 

I think we have the talent to have turned Brighton over but we were tactically outdone.

I can't think of one player that deserved to wear the shirt tonight. Maybe Carson.

Poor!

I hate chopping and changing managers. Apart from Docherty and Davies i've never celebrated when one has been fcked off but Steve McClaren put out a team tonight that was hopelessly unbalanced. For a bloke with so much experience to pick that team is unforgiveable.

We needed a hardworking team that would keep possession and dig in to break up Brighton's movement. Bryson, Russell and Hughes starting the game would probably have won us a point and boosted morale and confidence.

I'm not bothered about losing away at Brighton if we'd given a decent account of ourselves but i believe Mac is hopelessly out of his depth and his team selection tonight has made me question his sanity.

Time to go Steve. When the chips are down you just can't cut it mate. 

Great coach/number 2

Nice bloke

W@nk manager

Archived