Brighton Vs Derby

rynny

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let me get this straight...

We beat Barnsley 2-1 with the 4231 formation and Russell on the pitch. We basically won 90 minutes against Preston- had it not been for stupid substitutions- with that team. 

Fair enough Johnson wasn't playing, but DE sart is capable.

so when it comes to playing Brighton, we drop Russell, play a donkey up top, take nugent off at half time and lose 3-0. 

Please can somebody explain steves thought plan and tactics.

Most embarrassing game I have probably ever seen Derby play, and to top it off it was on Tv- Great!!!! Only a couple million would've watched it

1 minute ago, StringerBell said:

Butterfield has talent. He should stop playing like Ray Wilkins.

He just doesn't do what is needed in the style we play. It drives me barmy when the midfielders give it to the centre backs. He is just so ineffective but sadly he isn't alone. 

Sad contrast to 2014

tactically very clever from hughton. Double up on vydra and ince knowing that derby can't do anything down the middle with bent. 

We offered nothing. Sidewards, backwards, and very pedestrian.

baird played well. Pearce was shocking. 

1 minute ago, Fraser_23 said:

So let me get this straight...

We beat Barnsley 2-1 with the 4231 formation and Russell on the pitch. We basically won 90 minutes against Preston- had it not been for stupid substitutions- with that team. 

Fair enough Johnson wasn't playing, but DE sart is capable.

so when it comes to playing Brighton, we drop Russell, play a donkey up top, take nugent off at half time and lose 3-0. 

Please can somebody explain steves thought plan and tactics.

Most embarrassing game I have probably ever seen Derby play, and to top it off it was on Tv- Great!!!! Only a couple million would've watched it

Yes you're right.... Jonny Russell.... why a great ambassador he is....

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

There is a difference between having a bad game, and ignoring your role in the team. I'd accept a player have a mare. Trying, but his ideas just not coming off. I get that.

But what is Butterfield actually doing? He's just gone backwards or sideways. That's not even taking a risk. That's literally doing feck all. Get the ball, and pass to Pearce or Baird. Are they our creative players now?

Butterfield's role is to link the defence and the attack. He's not even attempted to do that.

It's not just tonight either. I  came on this forum when we started to do well and said that we needed to buy midfield players. 

I was set upon by posters who told me we had an abundance of talent there.

Bryson, Butterfield and De Sart looked like three fans who had won a competition to play for Derby.

Not an ounce of nous between them.

And Olsson is the worst left back we've had in a long time. He offers nothing.

P.s. Please take  the arm band off Alex Pearce. It's too tight and it's shutting off the blood flow to his brain.

3 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

Work rate, hunger, desire... all missing. You can't blame the manager for that. Look at what happened to Leicester when Ranieri left. The players decided they'd get stuck in, but they got their manager sacked before they'd do it. The team makes the decisions how much effort they're going to put in on the pitch. No work rate, no effort. That's what the players decided to do tonight. Start shipping them out in the summer. Season is well and truly over, it was before tonight in fairness. I honestly would start looking at putting players on the pitch who have desire. Like many, I'd rather see passion and desire and lose than another season of "passive". Passive is NOT what we expect. Ship 'em out. But, keep Steve.  

I hope there is a Steve who sorts the Plumbing out because I don,t want to see Mclaren again , I want to see someone new who has nothing to do with failed football management (at derby , Charlton, Hudderfield , Newcastle , Forest) and possession football, if this game teaches who anything it is make your time with the ball count , football is easy , just stick the %$%£ing thing in the net  

PistoldPete2

Ratings

carson 6 flapped at a couple of crosses 

christie 5

olsson 5

baird 6 

pearce 3 rubbish defending for the third terrible distribution as always

de sart 1 at fault for first two goals a terrible selection by mac

butterfield 3 too lightweight but still better than de sart.

nugent 4 but he never had any service

bent 2 nothing except for missing a good chance early on

ince 4 as for nugent

vydra 7 motm for the Rams. Unlucky when he hit the post.

hughes 3 offered nothing

bryson 2 offered even less.

mcclaren 0 time to go. 

Perfect game to bounce back next week...there's no need to panic but...lose against Florist and traditionally heads roll. Let's keep our heads...tonight we lost because the formation/selection was incorrect. Mac needs to accept responsibility. He can save things with a totally professional "shock and awe" smash next week. :mellow:

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Nugent was brought in as cover for Martin. Ideally Martin would have been brought back, but blockhead Pearson made sure that wasn't an option. Why go out and bring in yet another one when he will be second fiddle to Martin next season.

Ok, I understand that, do u think a loan for lukas jutkwikes or however it's spelt is not a good deal until CM came back or a 750k bid for bogle is not worth it? Do you honestly think Mac will crack it next year?? 

Bris would you prefer  Rowett? I know you actually know football so what do you think?? 

5 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Butterfield has talent. He should stop playing like Ray Wilkins.

Unfortunately he can't run and plays like a fat 35 year old in a friendly.

Archived