Brighton Vs Derby

rynny

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Back to our worst by the sounds of radio derby's expert analists....we need more "ratting"

Just got in, was it that bad those who've seen it? I'm about to delve back into the thread to find out.........

Yes it was awful mate. Not one shot on target. Ince Vydra and Baird came out of it with some dignity. The rest were gutles and clueless

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on the slow rattler to leafy Hampshire. I don't get to many games at mo being out of work and short of funds. But I always try to get to this one.

Shocked at our decline relative to last season. I realise that a part may be that we have little to play for but even so.....

Hughes bossed the game last season. Christie,  olsson Ince all seem to have declined. The new players didn't have good games. 

Our style is perplexing. Give and go's only work if at least one of the two players move. It's generally considered a good idea to move away from the opposition players and vocally demand the ball. Actually blocking /tackling helps as well.

Some truly bizarre episodes. Murray shoved Butterfield into bumping Carson. Looked innocuous but he was down for ages then wouldn't catch a cross thereafter. The Brighton left back dispossessed Ince,  ran away from him then between him and de sart as though they weren't there . Our central defenders repeatedly parted like the red sea.

Brighton looked confident - I was hoping we'd have a good go seeing as they'd lost the last 2 but we didn't get near them.

Was very subdued in the away end.  Tried to spot DEL by looking for his flag but failed. 

Oh and there's no trolley service on this train. And where the hell is Angmering? 

6 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Was it him being sixty or being a cockney that spoilt your night?

It was very toxic at the end. We have been with a group of joyous football fans for the last half an hour (Brighton). I remember what it was like to win at a canter.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Back to our worst by the sounds of radio derby's expert analists....we need more "ratting"

Just got in, was it that bad those who've seen it? I'm about to delve back into the thread to find out.........

Peter Beagrie had a field day...Brighton players had rolled down socks by the 40th minute...Murray was back on the bench by 65 minutes and McClaren was having a love-in with Hughton on 70 minutes SM: "Hey Chrissy...you left your soap-on-a rope in the managers' office at St James' Park...I've gotit in me kit bag for you..." CH: Ohhh..ta Steeevie Mac..are ya ganin' ta Mike's "all the New-ky Brown Ale ya can neck" party next week, like?" :mellow:

Such a disappointment, expected nothing and got nothing the players gave nothing, Vydra Baird played well and at least tried we really do need a massive over haul in the summer, we have to many over paid useless ***** on our wage bill 

Tonight  was awful missed  the start and we were already a goal down. Brighton  attacked with pace and we couldn't  handle it. We just did our usual pass from side to side. I know we have players out who would improve our side but we are where we belong. We are an average mid table team. Is mcclaren the right man for the job I don't  know. There is a massive job to do in the summer and we need to get it right.

if were going to loose loose with some dignity that as to be the most inept performance for some time

Do that next week at florist not only we will get beaten but the the unrest with this team and coaching staff will be at a all time high

7 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Ay up mate, hope all's well with you and the family. You don't get on as much as you used to, hope it's a choice thing. :thumbsup:

No worries. I'm fine, just sulking.

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

zero fight and passion for me is the most disappointing and the manager basically having nothing to say apart from how good Brighton were - maybe he should be asking why we cant compete with them..

Tbh I don't think he has a clue why we can't compete. Or we wouldn't be declining once again under his inept management

Brighton have made big strides forward over the last couple of seasons under Hughton, a manager who has already achieved 2 promotions out of this division. 

Cox and Smith had done the same for us many moons ago. 

It appears we aren't improving at all - instead slowly sliding backwards. We are far too easily rolled over; every man and his dog knows it. 

Mac will be under massive pressure next season to turn it around - the question is, can he?

Just now, ostrichram said:

Definately the worst since the colin Addison era

Nah.

have we already forgotten john gregory or phil brown or paul jewell.

Brighton will do well in the prem, a bit of, dare I say, 'cheating', falling all over the shop, they've learnt well. Sadly, we haven't.

Everyone slagging the fans off - having an air of entitlement - well, we've spent millions, got multi million pound Moore Farm, looks the business, millions spent on wages, physio's the  NHS would cry out for...a billionaire chairman, WTF. We're mid table again.

Nigel Clough is right, we're in the same position as we were when we sacked him. FACT.

OK, a quick read.

Yup, back to our worst.

On the plus side, it'll all soon be over, Scotland look promising in the egg chasing, F1 starts again in a few weeks, the cricket team tonked the windies, cycling is back yo what it does best - doping scandals, and cocodamol is taking the edge of my aching joints....I wish I was young again....

Archived