Brighton Vs Derby

rynny

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Really pee'd off with last night... Not so much with the result and performance, I could see that coming. They were better than us in every department, to be honest I really enjoyed watching their movement and pace.. It was simply just good football, played by good players who knew what they were doing.

The reason for my frustration was just how far we have slipped. Who of us would have thought BHA would reach the Premier League before DCFC when we watch us take them apart in the play offs. Football is cyclical, I know that, but when it is self inflicted the frustration grows.

I know people on here cling to Morris like he is some sort of saviour and being local and having money means by default you will be a super chairman.. Sorry but he has made some massive errors, I could ramble on about his mistakes but they are well documented. What a complete and utter shambles his reign has been. I read a lot about we will do in the summer, clear outs etc.. Build a team around this player, that player.. Get Martin back everything will be okay. Bryson will turn the clock back and everything will be as it was. Sorry, reality check our problems are now deeper than that. Take a step back and hand on heart what morsel of hope makes you think that our management team and I include playing and board, have the ability to perform the major surgery that this team needs. We have moved past minor surgery that was initially needed, we are way passed that.

Have we seen any glimmer of hope on the recruitment front? Do we trust these people who identify talent to actually do that. SMC and his contacts for loan players? De Sart Ffs.

Even if a miracle of biblical proportions happens in the summer and we get these 6 or 7 players in, do we lose the small amount of quality that we do have now to fund that? Hughes and Ince may well have to be sold to balance the books. Morris is just not going to throw mega money at it..

I know Some think I am a bit negative about the club, those who know me will know I am really not.. I am frustrated big time.. It's not entitlement, that's bollx... I have seen the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows with our club. I know what we are and what we will be going forward... We were within touching distance of a period of success, success for us is playing in the top league and competing against the best in this country.. Egos and really, really poor decisions have cocked that up.. Root cause... I'm sorry but Morris has to take his share of the blame..

The apathy in the ground last night was shocking.. No real expection of anything just flat nothingness.. people I see consistently at away games, die hard supporters of our club.. Positive people who always hope, just looked beaten..

Next season do we really think we will be at the races.. Massive changes all of a sudden bed in and play like a team? 

I have met Sam Rush and I know the apathy will be ringing alarm bells in the boardroom.. Clough went because of dwindling crowd numbers... I don't know how season ticket sales are going but you could see lots of empty seats appearing.  30k against Barnsley, not a chance. Count the season tickets but lots did not go..

Bring on the rugby...

It's hard to disagree with much of this, although maybe the reasoning of why things have happened is debateable. (I don't believe it's anything to do with ego).

I think although MM has made what we class as bad decisions you also have to look at other factors.

The season after play offs, we lost Wisdom and Bamford and Thorne got injured, yet still were in the hunt for automatic promotion until further injuries kicked in.

Since then everything has just spiralled.

Sackings, which I believe were heavily influenced by an inpatient fanbase, followed by throwing good money after bad (maybe this was also to show the fans he was trying to put things right?)

Expectation levels have gone through the roof based on good performances so we can't say it has all been bad in the last 3 seasons and maybe a bad season might help lower these expectations and may provide a better atmosphere for the players next season.

Who knows what will come next? 

I am a betting man but wouldn't wager a single penny guessing what next season will bring us.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

You're cruel @Mrs Ram

I couldn't get a ticket for that game though I'd been to the first leg at the Amex. 

Streamed it. Omg I was welling up at how good we were. The verve,  the pace, the joyful play. The joy that team brought to the crowd. The appreciation / awe in the sky commentators voice.

Seems an age ago. Where have they gone? Whata happened? ??

We became QPR without the success................

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's hard to disagree with much of this, although maybe the reasoning of why things have happened is debateable. (I don't believe it's anything to do with ego).

I think although MM has made what we class as bad decisions you also have to look at other factors.

The season after play offs, we lost Wisdom and Bamford and Thorne got injured, yet still were in the hunt for automatic promotion until further injuries kicked in.

Since then everything has just spiralled.

Sackings, which I believe were heavily influenced by an inpatient fanbase, followed by throwing good money after bad (maybe this was also to show the fans he was trying to put things right?)

Expectation levels have gone through the roof based on good performances so we can't say it has all been bad in the last 3 seasons and maybe a bad season might help lower these expectations and may provide a better atmosphere for the players next season.

Who knows what will come next? 

I am a betting man but wouldn't wager a single penny guessing what next season will bring us.

Good post but if we drill down on the points you have made, Morris is the common denominator I'm afraid.. Inhave to disagree, it is ego in my book.. He rode in on a white charger, no checks or balances on his decisions and made some shockers.

The other factors you mentioned are basically down him as well.. You mention bowing to fan pressure, well surely that is down to him?

Yes we lost those players after the play off final.. Steve Mac was in charge then, and failed to deal with those issues, yet now people cling to the premise that he will become a different manager this summer.. What leads people to this, I have no idea.. What I will concede is that changing now would be worse than keeping him. Rock and the hard place !! I don't really want either option to be frank. Morris also failed with his handling of the club that season.. Caught in the headlights, spluttering rubbish from the top.

Clement was his best and worse decision.. I was 100% behind the reasoning of this appointment. Then he bottled under pressure.. The Derby Way for god sake, ya nailed that Morris.. Fan pressure, whatever pressure.. Poorly advised? He appoints those advisors.. Morris common denominator.. Super hero local boy arrives.. WTF..

He's a fan, so he must have the good of the club at heart.. Yep he probably does.. We are all Derby fans on here, yet I hear people calling people all sorts of names saying they haVe not got a clue.. What's the difference? Money that's all. Still does not make him a good chairman.. I would love to meet him, ask him some direct questions, not breakfast club questions.

13 hours ago, Whoneedshuls said:

I was laughed at for saying 3-0 earlier :( 

No, I said that's the spirit ?.

Negativity before the match always makes me smile. The fact you guessed the score doesn't. 

Think we were all concerned before the match looking at the team, but we have to hope, even when it seems there is none ,if we lose that then there's no point in turning up every time things get tough.           

and boy are they tough now

10 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

My 54th birthday today lol

And in all them years... I'm past caring with this lot.

Brighton picked us off when they felt like it.

3 years ago we were beating 'em home and away in the play-offs ffs

You gotta start at the top....it's alright blaming McLaren, and these feeble players... who's paying their wages?

Bad decision's from the very top...Mel might mean well but he knows **** all about football..

Sam Rush?!

My hometown club is a ******* mess...

Good post.. Sorry I had not read this when i posted almost the same points this morning.

Happy birthday yoof.

2 hours ago, 61GT said:

Did it work?

By the way we won 4-3, came back from 3-0 down with 2 goals in extra time the second of which was with the last kick of the game. Probably go down as the greatest Championship match of all-time.

Heroes, all of them!

It would have had to be a full bottle of singe malt to believe that one. :mellow:

40 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Good post but if we drill down on the points you have made, Morris is the common denominator I'm afraid.. Inhave to disagree, it is ego in my book.. He rode in on a white charger, no checks or balances on his decisions and made some shockers.

The other factors you mentioned are basically down him as well.. You mention bowing to fan pressure, well surely that is down to him?

Yes we lost those players after the play off final.. Steve Mac was in charge then, and failed to deal with those issues, yet now people cling to the premise that he will become a different manager this summer.. What leads people to this, I have no idea.. What I will concede is that changing now would be worse than keeping him. Rock and the hard place !! I don't really want either option to be frank. Morris also failed with his handling of the club that season.. Caught in the headlights, spluttering rubbish from the top.

Clement was his best and worse decision.. I was 100% behind the reasoning of this appointment. Then he bottled under pressure.. The Derby Way for god sake, ya nailed that Morris.. Fan pressure, whatever pressure.. Poorly advised? He appoints those advisors.. Morris common denominator.. Super hero local boy arrives.. WTF..

He's a fan, so he must have the good of the club at heart.. Yep he probably does.. We are all Derby fans on here, yet I hear people calling people all sorts of names saying they haVe not got a clue.. What's the difference? Money that's all. Still does not make him a good chairman.. I would love to meet him, ask him some direct questions, not breakfast club questions.

There's been 3 or 4 common denominators since the demise started:-

Mel Morris 

Richard Keogh, Will Hughes, Johnny Russell and Craig Bryson.

The fans

I have seen all of the above have blame laid at their door by different people.

Could it be the case that their is a number of reasons why we find ourselves no further on then we were 3 seasons ago.

At the end of the day it's not like the club is in the dire straits that some would have us believe. 

Come August we will be back in exactly the same position as we were after the play off final. A Championship club on a level playing field with the other 23 clubs in the division. Our financial position may be worse but that should not be a concern while the owner continues to financially back the decisions he makes.

Out of interest, what would be the questions that you would ask him?

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

There's been 3 or 4 common denominators since the demise started:-

Mel Morris 

Richard Keogh, Will Hughes, Johnny Russell and Craig Bryson.

The fans

I have seen all of the above have blame laid at their door by different people.

Could it be the case that their is a number of reasons why we find ourselves no further on then we were 3 seasons ago.

At the end of the day it's not like the club is in the dire straits that some would have us believe. 

Come August we will be back in exactly the same position as we were after the play off final. A Championship club on a level playing field with the other 23 clubs in the division. Our financial position may be worse but that should not be a concern while the owner continues to financially back the decisions he makes.

Out of interest, what would be the questions that you would ask him?

What is your short, medium and long term plans? 

How do you plan to achieve them?

What does he feel success is for Derby County?

What was the thought process behind the Clement appointment, the Wassell appointment and the subsequently the total change of course with Pearson?

Why was Clement sacked?

What on earth did you see in Pearson that made you think he was going to be a good appointment when all the rest you have spouted suggest he was exactly not what you wanted? 

How much influence does Sam Rush have?

Who are your advisers and why did you make yourself look a complete tool over the Clement sacking? 

Have you sacked your advisers?

What is the recruitment strategy and who is responsible for what?

What are the checks and balances with himself. Does he feel a dictatorship is a good thing?

How does he think his tenure has been so far?

Does he accept his mistakes?

Would I get answers, doubtful of course but I could look him in the eye and judge him. 

I would love him to turn into a Jack Walker type of Chairman but I feel we are just blowing around in the wind at the moment. Strategy is the biggest question.

18 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

What is your short, medium and long term plans? 

How do you plan to achieve them?

What does he feel success is for Derby County?

What was the thought process behind the Clement appointment, the Wassell appointment and the subsequently the total change of course with Pearson?

Why was Clement sacked?

What on earth did you see in Pearson that made you think he was going to be a good appointment when all the rest you have spouted suggest he was exactly not what you wanted? 

How much influence does Sam Rush have?

Who are your advisers and why did you make yourself look a complete tool over the Clement sacking? 

Have you sacked your advisers?

What is the recruitment strategy and who is responsible for what?

What are the checks and balances with himself. Does he feel a dictatorship is a good thing?

How does he think his tenure has been so far?

Does he accept his mistakes?

Would I get answers, doubtful of course but I could look him in the eye and judge him. 

I would love him to turn into a Jack Walker type of Chairman but I feel we are just blowing around in the wind at the moment. Strategy is the biggest question.

All good questions and I think you'd be surprised in the honesty you would get if you did ask them questions to his face. Although of course I may have had the will pulled over my eyes at breakfast club!

In terms of advice on managers I think you are being slightly harsh.

I firmly believe that Wassall would have been his selection (this would have fitted his Derby Way idea) but our fanbase made that an impossible appointment. 

Who knows what the Pearson appointment was based on? Once again fanpower would seem the obvious answer.

Of all the people currently angry with our league position, how many are holding their hand up to being vociferously against the appointment of Wassall and for the appointment of Pearson?

Of course we both know the answer is he short not pay any attention to the fans but you do that at your own peril!

This was a sorry performance against a Brighton side who were so comfortable, they never had to get out of neutral.

And when's the bloody sun going to come out? We are at Brighton Marina and it's foggy.

Grrrrr.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

This was a sorry performance against a Brighton side who were so comfortable, they never had to get out of neutral.

And when's the bloody sun going to come out? We are at Brighton Marina and it's foggy.

Grrrrr.

Come to think of it @Angry Ram, @eddie was definitely one of the senior advisers when it came to the reappointment of McClaren.

But it appears he wants to accept no responsibility for his actions either now.

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Come to think of it @Angry Ram, @eddie was definitely one of the senior advisers when it came to the reappointment of McClaren.

But I'm senile. More fool you for listening to me, Pratty McPratface.

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I saw @eddie and his good lady there yesterday.. To be fair he never looks happy :D.

He looked a bit dishevelled and down in the mouth.. Dirty weekend maybe or just apathy..

Was very misty yesterday down on the south coast... Was hoping it would get thicker in the second half and vision would be impaired.

Seriously, I have noticed a change in Eddies comments.. Normally very positive but now not so.. Now the club should be worried about that change as he won't be on his own.

23 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I saw @eddie and his good lady there yesterday.. To be fair he never looks happy :D.

He looked a bit dishevelled and down in the mouth.. Dirty weekend maybe or just apathy..

Was very misty yesterday down on the south coast... Was hoping it would get thicker in the second half and vision would be impaired.

Seriously, I have noticed a change in Eddies comments.. Normally very positive but now not so.. Now the club should be worried about that change as he won't be on his own.

I think he finally realises that he is to blame for this mess. 

While we were all trying to sort the sausage situation out he was busy whispering to Mel about re-appointing Mac.

Think it's obvious that he has lost heart. Being seen laughing and cajoling with The Memsahib on Brighton Pier less than 24 hours after a 3-0 defeat. Unforgivable.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

I have been asked whether Old One-Eye has any thoughts on the matter.

I'm seriously considering letting the Cyclopean coffin-dodger have his say.

38 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think he finally realises that he is to blame for this mess. 

While we were all trying to sort the sausage situation out he was busy whispering to Mel about re-appointing Mac.

Think it's obvious that he has lost heart. Being seen laughing and cajoling with The Memsahib on Brighton Pier less than 24 hours after a 3-0 defeat. Unforgivable.

Marina, not Pier.

We don't fraternise with the hoi-polloi.

4 hours ago, eddie said:

Grrrrr.

Been lovely in London today, should have moved north a little. 

We do a nice shandy as well.

23 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Really pee'd off with last night... Not so much with the result and performance, I could see that coming. They were better than us in every department, to be honest I really enjoyed watching their movement and pace.. It was simply just good football, played by good players who knew what they were doing.

The reason for my frustration was just how far we have slipped. Who of us would have thought BHA would reach the Premier League before DCFC when we watch us take them apart in the play offs. Football is cyclical, I know that, but when it is self inflicted the frustration grows.

I know people on here cling to Morris like he is some sort of saviour and being local and having money means by default you will be a super chairman.. Sorry but he has made some massive errors, I could ramble on about his mistakes but they are well documented. What a complete and utter shambles his reign has been. I read a lot about we will do in the summer, clear outs etc.. Build a team around this player, that player.. Get Martin back everything will be okay. Bryson will turn the clock back and everything will be as it was. Sorry, reality check our problems are now deeper than that. Take a step back and hand on heart what morsel of hope makes you think that our management team and I include playing and board, have the ability to perform the major surgery that this team needs. We have moved past minor surgery that was initially needed, we are way passed that.

Have we seen any glimmer of hope on the recruitment front? Do we trust these people who identify talent to actually do that. SMC and his contacts for loan players? De Sart Ffs.

Even if a miracle of biblical proportions happens in the summer and we get these 6 or 7 players in, do we lose the small amount of quality that we do have now to fund that? Hughes and Ince may well have to be sold to balance the books. Morris is just not going to throw mega money at it..

I know Some think I am a bit negative about the club, those who know me will know I am really not.. I am frustrated big time.. It's not entitlement, that's bollx... I have seen the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows with our club. I know what we are and what we will be going forward... We were within touching distance of a period of success, success for us is playing in the top league and competing against the best in this country.. Egos and really, really poor decisions have cocked that up.. Root cause... I'm sorry but Morris has to take his share of the blame..

The apathy in the ground last night was shocking.. No real expection of anything just flat nothingness.. people I see consistently at away games, die hard supporters of our club.. Positive people who always hope, just looked beaten..

Next season do we really think we will be at the races.. Massive changes all of a sudden bed in and play like a team? 

I have met Sam Rush and I know the apathy will be ringing alarm bells in the boardroom.. Clough went because of dwindling crowd numbers... I don't know how season ticket sales are going but you could see lots of empty seats appearing.  30k against Barnsley, not a chance. Count the season tickets but lots did not go..

Bring on the rugby...

I've only read the last two pages on this thread, I would just like to add the apathy has also landed with some fans, I for one must admit that I made no effort whatsoever to change my work shift, to be able to watch this game on Sky. And over the years I've only missed about 3 games on Sky, where I've asked my parents to record the game so I can watch it back.

Unfortunately as I put on here last July I lost my 9-5 job, like about 80,000 others in the area, due to the down turn in the Oil industry and have managed to pick up some pub work since, but it's far less hours and the pay is a struggle to pay for familiy requirements etc and even though I go to work knackered from doing the housework, the school runs, and then come home  knackered in the very early hours of the morning at weekends and miss spending quality time with my family at weekends etc my so called reward of watching my beloved Derby County at the moment, has become worthless and pointless especially when I see SM trot out the same excuses and watch the players making the same mistakes and playing with the same predictability.

My mate made a late booking from Jersey, to attend the game, unfortunately (but I say fortunately) his flight to Gatwick was delayed by Fog, so he missed the game. I'm a bit worried about his and so many others blind faith for SM, and would think of so many better ways of spending the cash at the moment, but hey ho, I still respect his loyalty and support, but still think a doctors appointment might be a good thing.

I watched the highlights on telly last night and all I wanted to do was to squeeze the spot SM had on his eyelid during the camera close up during the game, and listening to his post match interview about how good Brighton are and that they'll get promoted and his emptiness, and how knackered he looked, well it didn't fill me with any confidence for this season, next season or any other.

On a positive note I managed to squeeze in to my busy Friday with all the family and work commitments a 6 hour coaching course with the SFA on the Astro pitches, which included being outside in the freezing cold, when I'm full of the man flu and I still finished a few goals into the back of the onion bag, better than Darren Bent did.

I worked a Saturday morning and early afternoon shift and had to listen to one of my work colleagues who's into Rugby tell me how rubbish England are at Rugby.........I suppose we all see things differently! 

Shandy amyone?

3 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I've only read the last two pages on this thread, I would just like to add the apathy has also landed with some fans, I for one must admit that I made no effort whatsoever to change my work shift, to be able to watch this game on Sky. And over the years I've only missed about 3 games on Sky, where I've asked my parents to record the game so I can watch it back.

Unfortunately as I put on here last July I lost my 9-5 job, like about 80,000 others in the area, due to the down turn in the Oil industry and have managed to pick up some pub work since, but it's far less hours and the pay is a struggle to pay for familiy requirements etc and even though I go to work knackered from doing the housework, the school runs, and then come home  knackered in the very early hours of the morning at weekends and miss spending quality time with my family at weekends etc my so called reward of watching my beloved Derby County at the moment, has become worthless and pointless especially when I see SM trot out the same excuses and watch the players making the same mistakes and playing with the same predictability.

My mate made a late booking from Jersey, to attend the game, unfortunately (but I say fortunately) his flight to Gatwick was delayed by Fog, so he missed the game. I'm a bit worried about his and so many others blind faith for SM, and would think of so many better ways of spending the cash at the moment, but hey ho, I still respect his loyalty and support, but still think a doctors appointment might be a good thing.

I watched the highlights on telly last night and all I wanted to do was to squeeze the spot SM had on his eyelid during the camera close up during the game, and listening to his post match interview about how good Brighton are and that they'll get promoted and his emptiness, and how knackered he looked, well it didn't fill me with any confidence for this season, next season or any other.

On a positive note I managed to squeeze in to my busy Friday with all the family and work commitments a 6 hour coaching course with the SFA on the Astro pitches, which included being outside in the freezing cold, when I'm full of the man flu and I still finished a few goals into the back of the onion bag, better than Darren Bent did.

I worked a Saturday morning and early afternoon shift and had to listen to one of my work colleagues who's into Rugby tell me how rubbish England are at Rugby.........I suppose we all see things differently! 

Shandy amyone?

Hope the work situation picks up soon. I have an office in Aberdeen and it is struggling as well... Oil prices are on the up which will help up there. Other than that get into the Salmon game, still busy up there thanks to the Russians.

Like I said, the club will be very aware of people's apathy, it was a huge issue with Clough and ultimately did for him.

We need something to pick everyone up.. Something, anything.

Massive game now on Saturday after the Brighton performance.. This was a nothing Derby in all honesty, both poor teams in a poor season for both. If we lay down next Saturday to them, it is going to get messy. If the performance is as inept as Brighton, I seriously think there will have to be some fallout. If he knows the problem and says he can sort it.. Well i'm still waiting.

Over to you Steve, no poxy statements, no tweets from Bent.. Baton down the hatches and get something out of this Lada of a team on Saturday. Nowhere to hide now.. I could even take a loss if I got a performance.. FFS did I just say that!! That's where I am now.

Good luck with the coaching.. 

Archived