Aston Villa v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Yani P said:

Maybe the fact is that we are a bang average side at the moment - 2 points from 12 doesn't really support much else..

We have just played 4 very poor sides, 3 of those at home and picked up 2 points....no excuses we are just playing like a mid/lower table side right now..

I refer you to what I said less than 10 minutes ago. 

8 minutes ago, Tombo said:

We seem to lack confidence in our ability, not our luck. Normally a dip in form is when heads drop and players feel like nothing is going for them. 

We seem to feel like we don't have what it takes. And is it any surprise when our own fans tell them as often as possible? 

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I know we've lacked shots on target but we've had plenty of those nearly moments. All Bent needed then is a single touch. Had a similar one earlier with the ball over the top from Hughes. Hughes himself had his shot which was in if it hit the target. We should have had a penalty. Ince shot across goal just off target but again, if on target is in without doubt.

Tiny, tiny margins. We haven't been far off today imo. 

I admire your optimism Tombo but if's and maybe's don't get you any points on the board. 

Whilst I'm not calling for anyone's head, these if's and maybe's have been far too often the case for this side in recent years,  one step forward and then two back.

Frustrating. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Well done Derby, Villa 5 straight defeats and it was always going to be a a defeat as SM said Bruce will get it right !! Well SM you are starting to get it wrong.. What an earth is going on, wasted around 25million of crap players and still have Bent !! 

OMG another doom monger. SM has not spent 25 million at all. I think you will find most of that money was spent before him. Of course any true Derby supporter would know this

I think we just lacked a bit of luck that game. There were a couple of chances that Bent was unlucky to not connect with such as the ball over the top. Really put the pressure on towards the end. Nice to see Russell have a good game too. Hopefully he carries this on into the next match and really makes the place his own.

For the next match I'd keep the same team. Perhaps only swapping Nugent in for Bent to give him a chance from the start. I'd like to see Bennett keep his spot on the bench. Game time for the first team will only help him and I think he deserves the chance to prove himself.

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I admire your optimism Tombo but if's and maybe's don't get you any points on the board. 

Whilst I'm not calling for anyone's head, these if's and maybe's have been far too often the case for this side in recent years,  one step forward and then two back.

Frustrating. 

Disagree. We play like that again next game and we'll see better results.

We need to be rational and not emotional. The emotional response makes sense as a fan, so I'm not pointing fingers, but it doesn't get us anywhere. It's frustrating but frustration doesn't give any answers.

Rationally, we could have easily won this today. Rationally, it's an improvement. 

Points will get on the board. 

The season is now over the last few seasons are repeating themselves, wasted a lot of money and this summer is now massive, have to get rid of players like Russell Bryson Blackman just feel some of you lot give criticism to players like Weimann Ayna Camara vydra  that haven't been given a run of games yes they might of played a lot of minutes but you can't prove anything of 10 bloody minutes a game some need a good run of games to kick in! Shame

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

As much as I defend McLaren and likes of Keogh why the smeg can't we defend corners? We seem to have conceded an absolute truck load of goals from them this season.

Us conceding a few goals from corners is not the reason we are where we are, the reason is our ability to create and score goals. We have one of the best defences but one of the worst goals scored records.

Our defence is the least of our problems.

lacking both confidence and killer instinct. 

we played nicely for quite a lot of that without looking dangerous.

Oh, well, i suppose not conceding a second whilst Keogh was off will prove to some that he is not only the route of all our ills, but he also hacked Hillary's emails, supplied VX to north Korea and is masterminding take overs of governments across europe.

Archived